1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We will lose next 15 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by empiric, Dec 2, 2001.

1. empiric

empiric Member

You may say I'm pesimist, but I'm sure we'll lose next 15 games(at least 15 we'll play without Steve Francis). We've lost against Memphis (102-85) and it's a sign that without mainly Francis and also Mobley, this team is nothing. In my opinion we'll lose next 15 games. We'll lose probably with around 10 points difference. I think the first lineup should be rather:

PG - Norris
    SG - Torres
    SF - TMO
    PF - Griffin
    C - Collier

or with healthy Mobley on PG and then we'll lose with around 30 points difference...
    But I think defeat is defeat and it's not important, whether you lose by 30 or 10 points. We will lose so and so, but at least we can use the playing time to improve our young guys. With playing time Griffin will be faster new Garnett, Collier - new Sabonis, Torres - new Drexler and Morris - new Marion.
    And if they won't be new superstars they can be with this playing time at least good backups. Backups is Houston's biggest problem. We don't have good backups, when Francis and Mobley have to play over 40 minutes per game. And these over 40 minutes mean INJURIES.

1 person likes this.
  2. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

r u serious? Rockets are not ging to lose the next 15 games! I believe in the rockets ability! but i believe the starting line up should be................

C-Cato
    PF-Thomas
    SF-Griffin
    SG- Rice and mobley when he comes bak
    PG-Norris

ROCKETS ARE NOT GOING TO LOSE 15 GAMES!!

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I just want the best effort we can achieve...If we do that, how can you be upset if the team does its best...it only shows the personnel does not have enough talent, but heart can sometimes give you good momentum than talent alone.

4. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

hey....i agree :p

#4 BlazerGal, Dec 2, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2001
  5. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Against the Knicks tomorrow we should start Griffin at center against Camby.

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

The only loser here is the troll that started this thread.

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I don't know about starting, but I'd like him to get major mnutes. Good match-up.

8. IVFL

IVFL Member

Okay all I had to do was read this guys sig and I soon relized that anything out of their mouth was useless

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Shut up r****d!

10. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Leave him alone he has a point about the team being nothing without steve and cuttino, the bad bench,and the better chance of injury playing 40 mins a game.

but they will not lose 20 in a row

11. empiric

empiric Member

**** you, Drewdog. The only troll I know is you.

The point isn't, that we'll lose exactly 15 or 20 plays, the point is we'll lose real many plays and why?

Because Francis and Mobley are injured and why?

Because they were tired and why?

Because they were playing too many minutes and why?

Because we don't have good backups and why?

Because they are mainly young and need playing time to improve their skills.

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

And you have so much room to gloat...

We are two games behind you, and have played without a healthy Steve in 6 of our games.

13. DLS

DLS Member

Flame me!

Rockets are nothing, get this, with Rudy.

:eek: :mad: :p ;) :D :( :eek: :confused:

14. Sane

Sane Member

LOL, expect praise from lots of people DLS.

15. Sane

Sane Member

Also, I'm sick of people who haver a larger post-count bashing new users. Who's to say the guy's Phil Jackson but doesn't have time to post as much as you do, hence you have 15000+ posts and he has 5?

You have lots of posts. Get over it. It's a public board, respect other people's opinions.

16. empiric

empiric Member

I have written this thread from spite. I have written we'll lose and I wanted to be nice surprised. I hoped, that I'll be wrong and I think now I am right.

When we play with strong team we can be theoretical near the win, because our opponent disregard us (for instance Minnesota, San Antonio).

When we play with weak team we are losing with big point difference, because our opponent is concentrated from the begining of the play and we disregard this team, although we have no reason to do so (for instance LA Clippers, Memphis or Chicago).

I think the Rudy's time here is near the end. He has no more courage, he is only affraid of his ass and don't give a chance to our future star - Griffin.

Have you seen like Pau Gasol is playing? He's a short time in NBA, but he has become a confidence from coach and now he is giving him back a debt or gratitude with real good plays. At first he has made many mistakes like all rookies, but, you have to remember, he has got the CONFIDENCE.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Cool, empiric is from Poland! I love getting international visitors. Welcome. A few days ago, I'd have bashed you, but then we lost to the Bulls. :(

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:)No we won't

it just won't happan...

19. empiric

empiric Member

I am unfotunately right. We'll lose these games and now with Rice out we have no choice we'll lose - it's sure. We should start like I have said:

PG - Mobley
    SG - Torres
    SF - TMO
    PF - Griffin
    C - Collier

We know now, that the only player, who is ready for NBA, is Francis in my opinion, when our item is future championship, we should sell most of the guys, even if this hurts. We should make some moves, for example sell Mobley for Russian future superstar from Utah: Andriy Kirilenko (he will ideal fit to our supershooting PFs - our PFs can only play well, when someone take from them dirty job like rebounding and blocking and our, I hope, new superduo: Kirilenko+Griffin can it outstanding), get in new draft Jiri Welsch from European Olimpia Lublana and start new season like this:

PG - Francis/Norris
    SG - Torres/Welsch
    SF - Kirilenko/TMO
    PF - Taylor/Thomas
    C - Griffin/Cato

What do you think about Rockets' future?

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Dude, you must have known something.

Based on the timing on this prediction, the Rockets have lost eight in a row, so you have seven games to go.

The Rocks have lost 11 straight when Steve is out, so that leaves only four games left.

So should you get credit if the Rockets lose 15 in a row, even though you made your prediction after the Memphis loss?