1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do with MLE and Bi-annual?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

When bosh signs, yes. Bosh sill sign. Lebron isnt worth walking out on 90+ million.

We obviously have to clean house for Bosh, Capela is playing oversees, so I only see us keeping Jones and Daniels.

Jameer Nelson sounds like a no brainer for MLE. he can be our Sixth man behind Bev. And from what I've heard he has a great relationship with Dwight.

I think Birdman would be great for the Bi-annual as well. We need that toughness to the team, by this point we don't need anymore scorers, just someone who can rebound, block shots and do dirty work. (I also think adding M.W.P would be the icing on the cake, vet min of course)

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

mavs are considering VC, mo williams and birdman for the bi annual. so they may screw us over there too.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You don't have either the MLE or BAE if you use cap space, you'd only have the room exception and minimums.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The only way the Rockets have a BAE/MLE is if they were to get Miami to do a S&T for Bosh.

5. Aleron

and we wouldn't be able to spend them, matching parsons with bosh s&t would have us so close to the apron, only minimums would suffice.

6. pass_to_Hakeem

Bird man will be following Lebron wherever he goes!!

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Something I don't understand is the hard cap. If a team uses an annual or biannual exception it is hard capped at 4m higher than lux tax. What if we dont use an exception? Instead bring in 2 players using the TPE from dealing Asik and Lin?

8. Aleron

If you use the full Mid Level Exception, Bi-Annual Exception or perform any sign and trade the +4m hard cap kicks in, under no other circumstances does it apply, so no it wouldn't apply. It's designed not really as a hard cap (like football) but as a means simply to stop the above things being used by teams running huge payrolls. There's a mini mid level for tax teams as well.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i also love the idea of birdman (assuming miami is breaking up) for the BAE

i also really like the idea of splitting the MLE between 2 guys in order to build a bench. i would go after hinrich. 3&D PG like bev, vet ball handler that we need in close games, can play and defend the 1 and 2. and with the other half of the MLE i'd go with wes johnson from LA. this is my morey sleeper pick. he averaged a block, steal, and a 3 last year. he's a good young athletic 3&D wing that can play and defend both the 2 and 3 spots.

dwight-birdman
    bosh-jones
    parsons-w.johnson
    harden-n.johnson
    bev-hinrich

as for the AHC job, i'd go after:

andy greer - spent time under JVG and now thibs. good defensive strategist, learned from the best on defense.

or

jim boylan - rudy t’s assistant during the championship years, now pop’s assistant.

65 win, plus championship.