ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons wont be getting a free pass any longer
Tags:  basketball, chandler parsons, clutchfans, free, houston rockets, mavericks, nba Tags
Clutch is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/7277/c...cks-free-pass/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Pull_Up_3 is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Pull_Up_3
Pull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44820
reading now...also 1st

SC1211 is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
SC1211
Contributing Member
SC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36568
Nice article Clutch

AnHero is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
AnHero
AnHero is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33341
Thanks Clutch

xtruroyaltyx is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
xtruroyaltyx
xtruroyaltyx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodxtruroyaltyx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2011
Member: #49334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Yep...That's for sure. If Chandler comes back I hope he improves his game, because if he even clips his fingernails wrong he's going to catch fire.

ChumpCity is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
ChumpCity
ChumpCity is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43305
Nice read, Clutch. Thanks for your contributions!

Andre0087 is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
Andre0087
Andre0087 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50155
lucky no 7

Shark44 is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #8
Shark44
Shark44 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodShark44 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #742
Agreed!

Pull_Up_3 is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
Pull_Up_3
Pull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44820
the lin/parsons comparison is a good one. He went from underpaid to overpaid now and when he doesnt perform well (he was VERY inconsistent) he is gonna catch a lot of heat.

HTown_TMac is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
HTown_TMac
HTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #18002
Truth.

macalu is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #11
macalu
Contributing Member
macalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchmacalu is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2002
Member: #3881
i love CP but I'm not paying $15 mil/year for him. Half the value of that contract is due to his hair.

There isn't one guard/forward player in the NBA better than Kobe. And just judging from Yao struggling to defend guys like Boozer that are a foot shorter than him, he's not the best big man in the NBA.

---CLbros, 4 days before Yao wins Player of the Week.

Deuce is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #12
Deuce
Contributing Member
Deuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2940
Great article Clutch! Absolutely the days of a free pass are over for Chandler Parsons.

To answer your question in the article - "can I trade Parsons on this contract next summer as a positive-value asset?"

I believe yes. I think to "non free agent destination teams" (Utah, Milwaukee, Charlotte) as examples, those are the types of teams that would take on that contract if Morey wanted to move him. The non-glamour cities.
EDIT: Example, if Utah matches on Gordon Heyward, later on could the Rockets trade Parsons to Charlotte? My guess is yes.

Morey has always been good and keeping assets, but always being able to "get out of" the bad contracts (Ariza). I think he can do it here with Parsons and thus I think it should be matched.

But yeah, a lot of the good will that Parsons had, feels like it is gone.

I think with this [acquisition of Dwight Howard], we move into one of the top teams in the West, Morey said.
"Teams mistake at times like this when they make rash moves, rather than well thought-out moves.
My concern is our playoff team coming in has chance to beat every other team in the playoffs; its not on having the best team in the league July 6, 2013.

Deuce is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #13
Deuce
Contributing Member
Deuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2940
P.S. I have a HARD time looking at that Cuban/Parsons photo. Makes my stomach turn.

I think with this [acquisition of Dwight Howard], we move into one of the top teams in the West, Morey said.
"Teams mistake at times like this when they make rash moves, rather than well thought-out moves.
My concern is our playoff team coming in has chance to beat every other team in the playoffs; its not on having the best team in the league July 6, 2013.

Rockie_rocker is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #14
Rockie_rocker
Rockie_rocker is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36109
CP has no choice! NO ONE in the world would turn down that offer.
I won't blame CP for this.

Twitter thing is too much, even if he knows Morey won't match.

QuaDouble is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #15
QuaDouble
QuaDouble is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54734
Most of his unique value came from how affordable he was. He deserves to get paid, but getting overpaid as he is makes him an expensive luxury unless he reaches an entirely different level as a player.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #16
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
If he's a Rocket I expect him to get booed on opening night. I will boo to.

He better kiss Houston ass ASAP when we match.

Asian Playboy is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #17
Asian Playboy
Asian Playboy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2013
Member: #55253
The butthurt is strong.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre0087 View Post
lucky no 7
Nobody cares about Lin.

OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #19
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
Looks like Clutch agrees with me.....are all of you going to bash him for jumping the gun in regards to Morey's decision on Parsons?

Probably not.

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 07-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #20
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Playboy View Post
The butthurt is strong.
Then take that **** outta your ***.