ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Draft Interviews with Clint Capela and Nick Johnson + Full Daryl Morey Press Conference
Tags:  2014, 2014 nba draft, alessandro gentile, basketball, clint capela, clutchfans, daryl morey, draft, houston rockets, nba, nba draft, nick johnson, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Interviews with Rockets picks Clint Capela and Nick Johnson and the full post-draft press conference with Daryl Morey.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/7138/r...-nick-johnson/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Artie_Fufkin is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
Artie_Fufkin
Artie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArtie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46428
"We made a trade with Minnesota for..."

YES? YES?

Oh...

today is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #3
today
Contributing Member
today is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtoday is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #47
Thanks Clutch =)

Voice of Aus is online now Old 06-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #4
Voice of Aus
Contributing Member
Voice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55834
this presser is making me feel better about the draft

Recent Thread - Statistical Analysis on Ariza vs Parsons contracts

Deuce is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
Deuce
Contributing Member
Deuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2940
Good stuff. Thanks for postimg

“I think with this [acquisition of Dwight Howard], we move into one of the top teams in the West,” Morey said.
"Teams mistake at times like this when they make rash moves, rather than well thought-out moves.
My concern is our playoff team coming in has chance to beat every other team in the playoffs; it’s not on having the best team in the league July 6, 2013.”

Horry33 is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #6
Horry33
Contributing Member
Horry33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsHorry33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsHorry33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsHorry33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsHorry33 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43648
Thanks clutch

shastarocket is online now Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #7
shastarocket
Contributing Member
shastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19563
Thanks Clutch!

Morey looks better than after previous drafts, lol

Men do not quarrel for light but they quarrel over cattle

treyk3 is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:43 AM   #8
treyk3
Contributing Member
treyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32002
Morey is in good spirits as he should be. He is in the driver's seat to finish out a championship foundation.

Artie_Fufkin is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:46 AM   #9
Artie_Fufkin
Artie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArtie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #46428
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastarocket View Post
Thanks Clutch!

Morey looks better than after previous drafts, lol
I think it's time to drop the "Dork Elvis" moniker. He's more of a Dork Liam Neeson.

Alvin Choo is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #10
Alvin Choo
Alvin Choo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2007
Member: #25032
lol, he just have to talk about Hickie.

shastarocket is online now Old 06-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #11
shastarocket
Contributing Member
shastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchshastarocket is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Morey clarified an important point, the new CBA allows for a draft-and-stash without incurring a cap-hold. This explain why we kept the pick.

Has Larry Coon's FAQ not been updated to reflect this fact?

texansalltheway is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #12
texansalltheway
texansalltheway is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50454
Morey is the best

ty185 is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:55 AM   #13
ty185
ty185 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodty185 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6829
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastarocket View Post
Morey clarified an important point, the new CBA allows for a draft-and-stash without incurring a cap-hold. This explain why we kept the pick.

Has Larry Coon's FAQ not been updated to reflect this fact?
The new CBA allows for draft-and-stash IF both the team and player sign a statement announcing the player is not intended to come over this year - which unfortunately contradicts to Capela's statement as of the moment. If Capela doesn't sign the statement, our cap room would be reduced.

oogie boogie is offline Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #14
oogie boogie
oogie boogie is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #46480
Shots fired at Hinkie!!!!

shastarocket is online now Old 06-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #15
shastarocket
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty185 View Post
The new CBA allows for draft-and-stash IF both the team and player sign a statement announcing the player is not intended to come over this year - which unfortunately contradicts to Capela's statement as of the moment. If Capela doesn't sign the statement, our cap room would be reduced.
Good info, lets see how this works out

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 06-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #16
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Interesting stuff, I really like the Clinton pick.

Jayzers_100 is offline Old 06-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #17
Jayzers_100
Jayzers_100 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2013
Member: #56062
The "how would you feel about having 6 or more guys on the roster who are either first or second year players" guy was annoying.

j3i is offline Old 06-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #18
j3i
j3i is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzers_100 View Post
The "how would you feel about having 6 or more guys on the roster who are either first or second year players" guy was annoying.
I guess he wanted us to flip all our picks for cash. I mean, who needs young talent to develop anyway? Let's just get all FA veterans and go back to square one after a few years. Then spend a decade or so in obscurity again while we hope for another miracle trade.

OlajuwonFan81 is offline Old 06-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #19
OlajuwonFan81
OlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOlajuwonFan81 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Choo View Post
lol, he just have to talk about Hickie.
If I was morey i'd be talking about hinkie too. U can tell the mutual respect is there and obviously working under morey all those years u can tell he probably wants him to succeed.

I trade 4 or sign Dwight Howard all day. Everyday.

howardsucks is offline Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #20
howardsucks
howardsucks is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2014
Member: #57946
Your move Hinkie. :D Damn, Philly is like a college all-star team.lmao I think Sam went overboard with collecting assets. All Philly have are assets but nobody wants to play for a rebuilding college team.lol