1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT!!!] I Don't Care if We Bring in Love/Melo/Whoever, We're Not Winning Anything...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 10, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

...with Harden as the primary ballhandler (and a whole bunch of other complaints}

I have watched this pitiful experiment for the past two seasons now and Harden as the primary ballhandler just doesn't work. We need a real effing PG. Don't even need a superstar, just someone like in Andre Miller mold. Yeah yeah, I know teams have won championships without PGs, but is Harden Jordan? is Harden Kobe? Is Harden even 2006 Wade? NO no and no. Harden is a superstar but he is not on those guys level.

I'm tired tired tired of watching this and wasting my time wondering about it because I know we ain't gonna win crap. Morey doesnt give a crap about PGs. We're not gonna win anything until we get a somewhat decent PG to handle the ball and let Harden just worry about scoring. I cant stand the Gorgi sploogefest but he had better handle and self confidence than Lin. Morey didn't think that was worth an extra year. Who knows where the hell we could have gone in the playoffs if Morey hadn't gotten such a boner about that 4th year.

Stupid effing metric analysis BS Just slap a bunch of numbers together and we'll win mentality. You know what's out identity? Shoot 3s, hope we get fouled, play crappy defense. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WIN WITH THAT?!?!?!

Can we get a coach who will hold guys acountable on defense? can we rip up every stupid Excel sheet put together by some MIT egghead that says we should shoot 50 3s a game? Is there a way we can slap Morey upside the head with videos of decent PGs like Kenny Smith or Sam Cassell? Guys who werent superstars but could control the pace or move the ball around?

I can't go through another season of waiting for the next big free agent to come onboard. Every damn year, it's wait for the next big FA to complete our team and then and then we'll go for it. WTH gonna happen after we get Love or Melo? Oh look, Harden's contract is coming up soon. Damn he getting old, time to get rid of him and look for the next one.

Some stability, every damn season for the last 3 or 4 years I've asked for this. This isn't NBA 2K. Tired of this, so damn tired of it. Did Morey not watch our games this past season? Harden and Howard DO NOT MESH. It's so effing obvious. Dwight's great at finishing and Hardens got a deadly long range game so they should be killing on the pick and roll right? HELL NO! takes too much away from our launch 50 3s a game approach!!

I hate hate hate hate the way this tam is put together haphazardly every single effing year. We sat through 2 seasons of BS hoarding assets and picks for what? So we can do more hoarding and trading? WHEN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA HAVE A REAL FUNCTIONING TEAM WITH ACCOUNTABILITY ON DEFENSE, AND A PG WHO CAN LET HARDEN BE HARDEN.

This ***** IS NOT WORKING. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

1 person likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't know. On NBA 2k14 Harden and I share ball handling duties and we just won a championship last season. This season we are already at a 14-5 record. Not too shabby if you ask me. Are you sure you've done the appropriate research?

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

... If I were to rant, why the hell does McFail leave me in the game when we are up by 20 and it's 2 minutes left in the 4th? Digital McFail pisses me off, real McHale, eh I could go either way.

1 person likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Harden is 24, the combination of being simultaneously loud and wrong is an unfortunate one, you should stop posting.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Harden is the best SG of the league. Who cares about ball handling?

People who care about ball handling actually want to win a championship. :rolleyes: geez, don't they know better to not care about that?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the best SG in the league nonsense...LOL.

Thats like saying you got 2nd place in a pool of 3 contestants.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bad day at work? Bro, we lost over a month ago.

8. hotballa

I'm not complaining about Harden!! I want him to be freed up to be even better than he already is. He's the best player on our team who's been put in bad spots by the coaching staff.

9. hotballa

I've been holding it in for a while.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

cool story bro?

11. hotballa

Why would the Internet White Knights of Harden want him to continue handling the ball? It's not his strength and takes away energy that could be focused elsewhere. Don't you want him to do even better? It's like putting Dwight in to shoot tech free throws. It's not gonna work.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

That is what she said.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Last time I checked, there were a lot more than 3 people at SG. There are no better SG's than Harden at this time. It is not nonsense. Is Harden a complete player? No... far from it. He is still young though and has plenty of time to get that he needs to try on D to be a legit superstar.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets won 54 games in a loaded Western Conference, and had ample opportunities to win the first 2 games but botched those two games. They are a VERY good team... that's a fact. Are they perfect... No. Is getting better as impossible as some make it seem.... No.

(And if you think Harden wasn't the primary factor in that success despite his flaws I beg to differ)

Had the Rockets taken care of business(simple mistakes) at home Vs. Portland like they were supposed to, they would have easily closed out the series in 6 games, and we'd have a completely different take on the Rockets season. Lets face it.. the Rockets lost the series playing more against themselves than against the Blazers. They are the ones that put themselves in situations like the Lillard prayer shot.

This was year 1 together. With a few roster additions to the supporting cast, maturity, effort on the defensive end, etc. This team is already a playoff contender for the next 3 to 5 years at least, but can easily get much, much better naturally even without a 3rd star.

I really dont know what else Morey can do to make fans like yourself happy. Its sports... its not perfect science. 29 teams lose every year, and Lebron & the Spurs still exist which makes the task that much harder.

However even if the Rockets would have went past Portland, beat the Spurs, but lost in the WCF (hell maybe even if the won the Finals) fans here would still have issues with the roster, star players, coaches, & front office.

Bring out the Pitchforks & Torches... That's the Clutchfans way.

1 person likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good timing to post this 2 days after Miami put its two point guards into cryogenic storage.

16. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Honestly, it is not Harden's fault. This is the coaches system and the system is a failure. If you had Melo or Love plus Harden and Howard as your big 3 and a great coach like Poppovich, Rockets are in the finals that same season.

17. hotballa

I addressed this point in my rant. If you have a transcendental perimeter player, the PG is not as important. Harden is a superstar and deserving all NBA first team, but he is not a transcendental perimeter player

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Our offense has been elite all season and in the playoffs.

Harden handling the ball has not been a problem for us. Quite the opposite actually.

In fact, two of the more notable high leverage incidents in the series, occurred when a PG was handling the ball, not Harden.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

20. conquistador#11

that's why it's on the coaches to install a "democratic" style. but this team can score 110 points with chuck hayes, kevin martin, brooks and luifa. what we need is to have some clue of what is going on defense.

but who knows, if we get a third and fourth superstar, then we might make it to the second round playing as individuals.