1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: GSW trying to hire Blatt to improve underachieving unstructured Mark Jackson offense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I have to say, Golden State is one hell of an unprofessional organisation, like him or hate him, the way they've gone about attacking Mark Jackson, even after he's gone has been nothing short of despicable.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

No kidding. The "unstructured offense" was on Mark Jackson, while their defense was credited to a former asst. coach.

Come on, man.

4. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Maybe they didn't practice much because their starting PG, PF and C are made of glass.

It will be funny next season when the Warriors are not as good as they have been how they will find a way to blame Jackson.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You're telling me that even Minny wouldn't offer this guy a HC gig? I would think that Love may stick around to see what they could achieve.

6. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Minny will offer. Like Joeger found out, they don't want to pay for a good coach.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They should hire this guy, of course:

[​IMG]

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But i read an article that says Mark was the *******.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Minny already hired their coach. It's Flip, Flip, Flip

10. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

Jackson sounded kinda bummed on the annoucning last nite. but perhaps hes just rusty

11. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Blatt is a hell of a coach, likely will be an NBA head coach in a few short years. Should even be considered one now.

Anyone who follows Euro ball knows he's the best in Europe. Led a team that was marginal talent to the Euroleague championship over a real heavyweight Real Madrid. In the past led the Russian national team to bronze medal in FIBA/Olympics.

What he did this year though is the equivalent of an NBA coach leading the Phoenix Suns (star less team) over the Miami Heat.

Real Madrid have former Portland Blazers players Rudy Fernandez & Sergio "Spanish Chocolate" Fernandez plus soon to be NBA player Nikola Mirotic. Maccabi has a bunch of guys who couldn't sniff an NBA roster.

Good hire.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Euro head coaches wouldn't translate over to the NBA. Two major hurdles for them.

They're too old school in their metho., The prima donnas in today's NBA wouldn't be able to cope.

They also need full control over the roster, personnel decisions, ie who they sign, cut, play, or never play. Like the power SVG was given. Teams are tailored around these "superstar" coaches and their systems.

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Mark Jackson didn't call time outs and had bad rotation/substitutions...and offensively "clippy" was right Jackson has minimum offensive sets. But overall I would say Jackson is an above average coach in my opinion. I am happy that the Warriors got Steve Kerr as the head coach and hopefully sign David Blatt.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah I can see that. I think it can work if the stars buy into it- but that's also rare (you'd have to be built around a guy like Tim Duncan or an international player.)

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They have to be his guys. He has to start from scratch to have the respect of young stars like Brooks in OKC

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

They should flip flip for some draft picks and jackson

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So, this just happened

Yet:
    :confused:

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bet he goes to Cleveland.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Stomach ache? Man this guy Lebron has every excuse in the book when he's about to lose lol. When their winning guess who gets all the credit:rolleyes:

20. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

along with his olimpic bronze medal, he also one the European championship with Russia and another bronze medal( they failed after he left them and tried hard to get him back).
    An Italian league championship and cup, and another 3 European championship with maccabi tel aviv as assistant coach also won the fiba EuroChallenge with BC Dynamo Saint Petersburg, a team that was formed the same year.

a great coach and Perfectionist, that dosent take **** from no one.
    and players respect!

Telling a player to Shut the fu*k up, during timeout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmlXPip1D1Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

David Blatt kicks Shved and Monya on live broadcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMa_5CZHars&feature=youtube_gdata_player