1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official (positive) Kevin McHale offseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 15, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Too much negativity about Coach McHale, who has improved his win total every season as our coach and brought us Dwight Howard.

Since the season ended, he's been busy meeting with Morey and Les Alexander, constructing a better staff and generally being a leader of men.

I hope he works hard to develops his coaching skills, especially his skills at holding people accountable, to fulfill his potential and disguise the limit for a young coach with only 3 years experience.

Morey and Les also need his help recruiting another terrific free agent. Coach McHale got Dwight Howard to sign, without Coach McHale, Morey almost always fails at landing terrific free agents. Guys like Brad Miller, Trevor Ariza, and Steve Francis (the second time around) just didn't work out terrifically.

I am sure Coach McHale will make us even more terrific next season.

4 people like this.
  2. langal

langal Contributing Member

Haha. I guess this sort of makes that other thread sort of silly.

Will I get put in jail if I make a positivity thread for LIN?

3. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Shut the **** up.

Would neg if possible.

1 person likes this.
  4. NotChandlerParsons

He claps on the sidelines like nobody's business. Best clapper in the league, possibly the best clapper of all time.

5. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

You're a dumbass

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

That's not tough to do when your roster improves every year.

He didn't bring us Dwight Howard; Morey's ability to keep cap room gave us the opportunity to do it, Hakeem played a pivotal role, and Parsons was bigger than McHale in this. McHale did help, but he's not bigger than any of those three.

Where the hell are you getting this from?

Since we're sticking with this guy, I hope so too.

Ariza, Miler, and Francis aren't anything like Dwight. Again, I told you why McHale wasn't THAT important in recruiting Dwight. I hope we get a top tier player, too.

I hope you are right.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RsTu-x4S9fs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Yup me too

What a ****ing idiot

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Being unique is an accomplishment, so on the bright side we could be the worst defensive team in the NBA if we remain just as unfocused.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't mind the haters CH. They're against powerful offensive schemes such as "Play harder" and "I don't know." The rockets are fortunate to have Kevin McHale as their coach.

1 person likes this.
  11. Lin On Me

Lin On Me Member

I don't know brotha, I don't see any positive with McHale moving forward with the Rockets. I am praying everyday the Rockets fire McHale. I would love to bring in Mark Jackson. Or somehow persuade JVG to be our coach again.

ANYONE but McHale....... please.

But it's good some people have the positivity light in McHale. I just don't don't. He needs to go.

12. NotChandlerParsons

Don't forget the one where we fail to inbound the ball because we don't set screens at all. No other NBA coach would think to draw it up. People around here just can't appreciate McHale's unorthodox basketball coaching mind.

13. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

lol tell me one positive thing about McHale except for the fact he is used as a bait for bigs because they like him.
    I guess hes also going to be the only Rocket thats got a ring while hes around.

14. Carl Herrera

Kevin McHale is the only likable person in the Rockets organization who attracts a terrific free agent like Dwight Howard. Nobody likes Les Alexander, Daryl Morey, Gersson Rosas and especially the odious Tad Brown. Without McHale, this team's recruitment effort is screwed.

15. Carl Herrera

And you haters should post in one of many McHale negativity threads. This is the official thread for McHale positivity so only positive McHale comments allowed. Thank you haters for you haters' cooperation.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The players seem to like him, so that's good.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Playing hard.

19. anchel

anchel Member

I guess you're just trolling as usual, but maybe having Harden and Parsons it was related with Dwight decision. Morey and his Rockets didn't have two players like them in previous pursuits.

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

He won one more game than RA with almost the same roster in his first season with the Rockets

+