1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge Third Player Drop 40 In Back 2 Back Playoff Road Games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Andrew Wiggins, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Andrew Wiggins

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Tracy McGrady
    3. LaMarcus Aldridge

Aldrdige has shown the ability to take over games on offense and with his rebounding. Do you think he is just hot? Is it a fluke and will he come back down to earth? I don't think he will by much if he does. I know Jones hasn't been playing good defense and lets him get it going early on, but some of these shots he's making are well guarded. Asik and Dwight get a hand up and contest his shots very well taking into account that is good defense in today's NBA where blocked shots are called either goal tends or fouls.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm pretty sure the first two guys on the list did it against double teams though...

1 person likes this.
  3. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I'm willing to say the first two guys did it going 1v5. Isn't Jordans from the Boston series where he dropped 63 in 1983? and T-macs was against a much better Pistons team in the legendary "feels good to be in the second round" collapse lol. Lets hope Aldridge says the same thing and it curses him.

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Did the other two have wide open 15 footers after wide open 15 footers?

LMA is a great player and I've been on record for wanting him over Dwight even before this season began, but a great player shouldn't have a problem dropping 40 against a complete disgrace of a defensive team like ours.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Wow, LaMarcus just joined an elite class of players.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it happened several times before Jordan. The stat is "Since" Jordan.

8. ln3012

ln3012 Member

also Aldridge is first NBA player with 46+ points, 18+ rebounds and 2+ blocks in a playoff game since Hakeem Olajuwon (5/14/87 at SEA).

9. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

10. Andrew Wiggins

Damn izak, way to take a dump on my thread.

11. Andrew Wiggins

If it really is mainly due to poor defense then lamarcus should have no problem averaging 40 for the series. I mean he is an all star going up against a first year starter and 2 players playing out of position.

12. JazzLakerHater

To put Lamarcus Aldridge in the same sentence as Michael Jordan is an absolute disgrace on the part of the Rockets. For the love of god, please fire McHale.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think Michael Jordan at this age can drop 40 on us shooting like +50% with no problem

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

ouch, same list as TMac. TMac sucks in the playoffs

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

FWIW. Jordan lost both games. They abused the existing illegal defense rules so that MJ went one on one from the half court line. They changed the rules after that series to place zone areas on illegal defense

And yeah. MJ scored like 63 points in a really painful display of a lessor team trying to beat Bird, where the bulls were cornering the celtics at half court due to the rules and the Mj driving to the basket

That series was the most abusive display of the rules ever. And they changed the rules after to set zones

#15 heypartner, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  16. Andrew Wiggins

Can you point out in the video what you are referring to? Here is a great quality 3 minute version of jordan scoring 63 in boston.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsRu0x_bQeY

He tied the game with his last basket with 1 minute left. It was a valiant effort. The only thing i noticed is the last play looked off, and the rim looks smaller.

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

If Dwight Howard had a clue, he would have said he wanted the Aldridge defensive assignment and try and shut him down. Instead, he said he needed more touches on offense which gave him good numbers in the boxscore and another loss for the Rockets. Dwight Howard is the definition of fools gold.

18. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Our team is fools gold with Mchale in the driver seat.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Th rockets seem to always be fools gold as well as the texans period.

Asik is doing the best job on him according to the numbers, but lamarcus knows he cant block him.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

Players must love playing against the Rox. Season highs, career highs, and now being on the same list as the GOAT.