1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're going to get swept - these guys have no clue how to win right now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team has no collective soul. No leadership. No humility. No toughness. The way they seemed to give up when there was still 3 or 4 minutes left. The look of defeat. The lack of defensive intensity. Giving up easy lay-ups. Missed assignments. Leaving guys wide open. The lack of fire. The bravado and over-confidence coming in. The bragging about being the best. The lack of cohesiveness on either end of the floor. The losing of cool in front of the media. From the best player to the head coach.

These are the signs of a team that is falling apart in the worst way. That was a paper tiger and has been exposed by a 5th seeded team.

Credit LMA. He is a true-super star. An amazing scorer who doesn't have to work to get a shot off and doesn't have to work on D. How does a guy top 17 for 31 performance? How does the Rockets react? By letting him go 18-28?

There will be no Clutch City, I'm sorry to say. Even when the 1994 Rockets lost the first two games at home, it wasn't because of a lack of effort. It wasn't because they quit. It wasn't because they lacked leadership. They cared. They had heart. They had guys who had pride.

This team doesn't care. Led by the James Harden - the king of uncaring and no pride. He has thoroughly embarrassed himself. When your leaders don't have any fight, you're going to get swept and it's going to be ugly. Expect big blow-outs both games.

I really hate that. I would love to see some fight. But looking at this team, the head coach and the best player - they are deer in headlights and they are going to both get run over badly in games 3 and 4.

It's a good lesson for Harden that you can't just flip a switch and do your thing. Harden has to learn that to really win, you have to truly take your practice to a higher level. It's one thing to be talented. It's another thing to be great.

We have a talented team, but not a great one.

2 people like this.
  2. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/history/lookingback_94finals.html

didn't they say that the first time we won our championship. We were down 2 game to the Phoenix Suns led by Charles Barkley. And guess what? We came back and beat them and won a championship that your boy so shut your mouth and just cheer the team on

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lol at "exposed by a 5th seeded team". Yeah, a team with the exact same record and just one spot below the rockets. This isnt mavs vs golden state in 2007.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Mcfail should preach this to the team tomorrow. I don't think he knows how to get his team fired up. He needs to kick some ass in the locker room. Hold people accountable, including himself.

Rudy T would light fire under his players asses.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Do u feel better, newyorker?

6. Play07

Play07 Member

even last year we were down 0-3 and almost forced a game 7 at OKC, its not over yet, getting a win in portland game 3 is first step

its just crazy because if harden played just a lil better we wouldve won both games, even with LMA getting still gettin ghis.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm going to be an idiot and say we win Game 3. I'm foolishly keeping hope alive.

1 person likes this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Me too.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I agree with the OP and I said this well before game 2.

We have no offensive strategy other than the high pick and roll and individuals creating offense. We don't even run the high pick and roll enough.

We just suck on D.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

edit*

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's actually right about the mentally weak points. They looked defeated in the worst way. I still can't shake off that harden turnover and him just standing there, thank god chandler bailed his ass with the block because that was damning.

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

13. i3artow i3aller

Aldridge has been on cheat code mode, and Big Game James has had two of his worst games as a Rocket. That, in a nutshell, has been the Playoffs.

As far as LMA is concerned, you really can only pray he doesn't keep this up.

As for our SG, the Beard needs to stop being nervous. His shots aren't falling, but even when he shoots it's become more of "Oh I hope this goes in." You think LMA is hoping his shot goes in? Not a chance. He's sitting there with 100% confidence that every time he shoots the ball it's a bucket.

And it's not just on James. Everyone, aside from Dwight, has been turrible. U guess Beverley gets a pass as well because he's injured, but Chandler and the rest of the boys need to wake the **** up.

I also feel like the coaching is trying to have us play a different game vs. Portland. This Twin Tower BS needs to stop. We're not yet talented enough where we can beat any team at their own game. We need to play the new breed of Rockets Basketball that we've become accustomed to watching. Make Portland make adjustments for once.

14. davidghall

davidghall Member

Hakeem Olajuwon is not walking thru that door. Defense is not walking thru that door. Heart is not walking thru that door. And like someone pointed out in another thread, Jeremy Lin can't tie Sam Cassells shoes.

We still have a small shot in this series, but you can forget about a championship. This team plays way too stupid to win a title, and I've been saying it from day one. They need to grow up and mature then we can potentially talk about a title.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No, but I suppose you feel better saying that.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I still believe that we are going to win. Despite McHale

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I wish I could see a way. But there is no silver lining. That was a veteran team that was hungry. That was a team led by Hakeem who was a mature strong individual. A team of Maxwell, Hakeem, Ellie, and others who were gritty and fearless.

This team has Bev. After that, where does the heart come from? Who is the guy leading this team in the locker room? It's not Harden, that's obvious. And Howard is too jovial. Is anyone listening to him?

Who is leading these guys? It's obviously not McHale - whatever he is telling them to do they aren't doing it. That or he has no clue how to coach. I think it's the former. His leadership is lacking.

No leadership = no victory. I'm sorry, but this not the same team. 3 teams have come back from an 0-2 deficit going back onto the road. 3.

Will that number change to 4 in the next few weeks? Possible, but the name of the team to that would be the Chicago Bulls, not the Houston Rockets.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So in the 08 playoffs when we were playing Utah the 2nd time around, and got down 0-2, I actually had hope in us winning. For some reason, this team, their style of play, their demeanor can't instill any confidence. I said this before the playoffs started and got attacked, not because I wanted to, but because that is what my gut feeling has been telling me.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

This is a team that is super young and doesn't know what it feels like to be destroyed like this. Some people will take this and turn it into a fire inside them, others will crumble.

Right now Harden and a few others are crumbling under the pressure.

1 person likes this.
  20. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

If we're going to lose the series I would rather get swept. I think this would force Les Alexander's hand.