1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The return of the Monocle/Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's time for Les to reach out with an olive branch/massive check and coax the Ruler out of "retirement". After our moves this offseason, making us a true contender, he will be by far the best coach for this team.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

I would love to have adelman back but I just don't see it happening. Besides, I think he's taken a job as a consultant for twolves.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I prefer a coach that seems hungry and energetic. Adelman, for whatever reason, at this point in his career, comes off as jaded and defeated.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Adelman's family issues + age have prevented him from coaching like he used to. I loved him here, but he really isn't an option.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

In before tinman, or DudeWah...:grin:

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

True. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you're right. He just doesn't seem to have "it" anymore.

He's 67 years old, I don't think he has much left in the tank...

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Ridiculous. Morey is telling Les that this team is still a work in progress and it is still a year away from being the team he dreams of. And Morey would be correct. This year doesn't really matter to Morey. He never considered this team to be a strong contender. Maybe McHale will be fired, maybe he won't. If McHale does go, then Morey will just replace him with another coach that will be forced to play Morey ball. Adelman isn't going to be taking orders from Morey ever again.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets look like a fringe playoff team as constructed. It goes much further than the 3rd star argument now and it is pretty clear.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You do know this is one of the youngest teams in the league right? After Morey dumps Lin and we get a first rounder out of Asik he'll have plenty to work with along with all of our draft picks.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not happening. Adelman's heart is not in coaching any more.

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The consulting gig would be trumped contractually by a chance like this.

And, I believe some of you are underestimating the difference between coaching the TWolves and going after multiple titles with a stacked team.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. New blood. Fresh approach. Not the same old same old and cross our fingers.

14. torocan

torocan Member

Close to 0% chance of it happening.

Adelman's wife has been ill for 3 years now and he took off serious time this season to attend to her. His wife's health was one of the major reasons he retired this year.

It's doubtful Adelman will return to coaching unless his wife passes away, and even then it would be a significant amount of time before he's ready to return, if he ever does at all.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mcgrady fans hate adelman cause he stood up to that diva
    Plus adelman won a playoff series

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Ooops!! There it is!...

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Do not want. Adelman might improve our offense a bit, but he is no better than McHale as a defensive coach. JVG would be a better fit if we're bringing back a previous coach.