1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons said he is the best SF in this series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThisVoice, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Hello all,

Much attention has been channeled towards Harden and Mchale's epic collapse. But I remember last night's game the commentators said Chandler Parsons stated he is the best SF in this series, combined with how he stated late last year that he was utterly disappointed not making the all american team.

Just wondering what is up with Parsons and his ballooned ego?

Anyone got more info on this?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I like it. He hasn't been playing up to par, but that kind of commentary leads to controversy, and he is not afraid of blame and controversy.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Is this in print somewhere?

4. vernonmaxwell11

must have been during an interview between games 1 and 2. not sure, but i heard it too. sounds ridiculous to me that he would say something like that, but batum did seem to play harder this game. not sure if it was just coincidence, and the fact that webber kept pointing it out.

5. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I heard it in the game and Im sure someone else have too. I saw couple of posters commented on it in the game thread.

I just want to see if anyone has more info on this

6. Play07

Play07 Member

http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/parsons...forward-series

HOUSTON – Chandler Parsons is a young, up-and-coming small forward for the Houston Rockets who is starting to receive some national attention for his play.

The NBA Playoffs will do that to you: catapult you to a higher tier if you perform at an elevated level on a global platform. So far he has gotten off to a great start, registering 24 points and six rebounds in a Game 1 overtime loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday.

He not short of any confidence when it comes to his small forward matchup with Nicolas Batum, who is a more established player. Batum may have the experience, but according to Parsons, he’s the best small forward in this series.

“100 percent, I’m the best,” Parsons told CSNNW.com without hesitation.

So much for being politically correct. However, you have to appreciate the candidness in what should be an intense first round series with the potential to go the distance.

Batum -- who had 14 points, nine rebounds and three assists on Sunday -- was notified of his counterpart’s comment and was a little taken back.

“He said that?” Batum asked CSNNW.com. “He’s not going to say, ‘Nic is the best.’ I understand that, but we’ll see. We’ll see at the end. I don’t care about that.”

Knowing Batum like I do, I believe he cares. He won’t admit it, though, and he probably shouldn’t. The focus needs to be kept on winning the game and how can each team come together to achieve that goal.

This isn’t a knock on Batum. Parsons just has the utmost confidence in his abilities and feels that he’s the best three-man running up and down the court in this series. He wants to be known as one of the best wings in this game. And you become that by outplaying the player opposite of you on a regular.

“Batum is a good player,” Parsons said. “I think for what I do for the Rockets, he does for them, which is a little bit of everything. He can guard one through four, he can shoot the ball, rebound and pass. It’s a good matchup for me.”

Move over Patrick Beverley and Damian Lillard. We have a new matchup to inspect

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

And Batum lit him up like a Christmas tree. Shut up and play!

8. Play07

Play07 Member

9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/parsons-im-best-small-forward-series

Even if taken out of context he should smart enough to give a politically correct answer that doesn't fire up the other team. Or avoid the question completely.

10. JazzLakerHater

Even Chris Webber pointed out that Parsons shouldn't say something like that before a playoff game.

11. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

In these situations where the other option is to say nothing, really makes me slap my forehead. You lost game 1, you're going to come out as say this stupid ****? And after game 2? I understand he has been playing pretty well, but what an embarrassment. The last thing you'd want to do is motivate your competition.

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

Best looking SF, yeah sure.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Parsons is overrated.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Parsons got a cocky attitude for someone making 900k a year. He has stopped playing defense ever since he decided that he wanted to score instead. Not to mention doing modeling gigs and acting like a star off the court when he hasn't done sh**.

15. downbytheriver

Parsons constantly overcompensates and to give off the image of a confident person while all his actions prove otherwise. Even in regular interviews--- I pointed this out before. All us grown folk can see he's a talker not a walker. I feel a lot of his insecurities come from being the little runt of the pack mentally.. but I'm glad the playoffs expose him before Morey gives ANOTHER terrible contract to an average player.

16. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

I don't think Parsons realizes that there's more to the game than just shooting.

17. downbytheriver

In that way--- he's similar to Jeremy Linh who is entirely a creation of a fervent asian base.

Even in mchale ball with a lot of space, parsons still needs to be spoon fed baskets or open shots.

READY for this team to reload.

18. downbytheriver

He does but acknowledging it means he's admitting defeat. Overcompensation 101.

Let's GET GUYS WHO GO OUT AND PLAY

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Less talking, more action

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Best C, SF, SG can't beat best PF, PG lol.