1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are our superstars better than Portland's superstars?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GeneValgene, Apr 24, 2014.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Harden + Howard

60 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Lillard + Aldridge

72 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

Man... I hate to say it. But could it be possible that Aldridge+Lillard are better than Howard+Harden?
    I thought we had this series because I thought we had the two best players on the floor :(

2. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

We have the better combination of the two but the coaching stuff is incompetent.

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

We do have the better duo.

It's just one has quit on the team and the other has to deal with terrible coaching.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

The 2 best players are Howard and Aldridge.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

regular season ours are better.

playoffs, we only have dwight. so by default portland's are better.

6. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

What's sad is Aldridge and Lillard are not even recognized as superstar players (although Aldridge might get there soon), Lillard especially, yet they're outplaying the purchased Superstar talents of Howard and Harden.

Chemistry matters in this league Morey. Too bad you can't track that statistically.

7. strifed169

strifed169 Member

Harden was never a superstar, he should never be mentioend as a superstar again, he's not even top 10 or ever has been, not with what he gives and takes away, mainly his defense which is worst in the league, replace him with any solid SG right now and the Rockets make it out of the first round.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I still believe so... it takes more than 2 games to change my mind. Aldridge has been beast mode against us, but then again we probably have the worst defense at the power forward position of any team in the entire NBA.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LMA should be getting Dwight's money. I say trade LMA for Dwight straight up if you can.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

With Asik on the team, I've always wanted Aldridge over Howard.

I don't think Lillard is better than Harden. But Harden's playoffs performance is just hard to swallow.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Let's put it this way.

Howard = Aldridge
    Harden > Lillard

The problem is that James Harden is not playing like James Harden, and Aldridge just had 2 career games in a row. It happens... Harden has had 40+ point games himself if you remember.

So basically Aldridge is outplaying Dwight this series just because he's on a ridiculous hot streak and we don't have anybody who can guard the 4... and Lillard is outplaying Harden because Harden is playing like dogsh** for some reason.

BUT that doesn't mean Portland's stars are better going forward.

12. yummyhawtsauce

I think Aldridge does not get enough credit. He's definitely all-star borderlin superstar. I mean his numbers in the reg seaoson + now his post season games put him up there.

Beyond Dwight and Harden, we have more talent (Lin, Parsons, Asik). They have Batum, Williams and Mathews.

Our coach < their coach. got out coached

13. yummyhawtsauce

okay fine - but what if Harden consistently does terrible in the playoffs? as in mentally he can't handle the pressure, would that put harden below lillard? it does not matter if you have mj talent but if you can't perform in playoffs then you are no use. I want him to do well, I really do, but it's not just a 'bad' game for harden, but rather, I think mentally he actually gets nervous. Here is where a vet on the team or a coach could also help motivate him and maybe guide him. I think our vet is Garcia, how many times has he been in the playoffs?

harden needs to overcome that mental barrier and we will be fine. maybe he still has nightmares from okc playoffs (when he was on OKC).

also the coach needs to draw simple plays and get wide open shots for harden to get his confidence going. derozen was nervous as **** first play off , jackin gup shots as soon as he touched the ball and tried to shoot his way in.

game 2? he calmed down, took his time and took over in the fourth.

14. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

LMA just has the advantage of a jump shot over Dwight, so everything comes more easily to him, whereas Dwight has to rely solely on his post skills.

Harden is clearly more experienced than Lillard, but so far has been playing below Lillard's level.

15. omgTHEpotential

16. chandlerbang21

Op doesn't know definition of superstar. Houston only has one named Dwight Howard. Harden lacks to much to be in that category

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

We have the better duo I believe but LMA has been flat out ridiculous as of late.

Also, Harden needs to give more effort on D.

18. conquistador#11

they play more mature. even when LMa is taking 1 billion shots, there is movement in the offense to get him those billion shots.

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

This

Harden/Howard are more talented, they just suck right now and LMA is going crazy right now. Harden is playing like **** and LMA is abusing Dwight/Asik/Jones.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll take ours, but Harden has to start showing up in the playoffs. He's given us 1 good playoff game since he's been here and that's just bad.