1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team can easily contend next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by downbytheriver, Apr 23, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

Provided they don't make 2 big mistakes...

1. Plan on signing Parsons to a big deal. Let someone else get stuck with a regular season shooter who absolutely cannot do anything else. NO a knee jerk reaction - I've said it from the beginning he's not worth more than MLE money.

2. Get rid of mcHale. He just isn't a playoff calibre coach.

With Lin set to be waived as no one will take his contract , the Rox have youth and cap space to build around. But they CAN'T DILLY DALLY AROUND and forget about that 3rd option

Or fortify the team with Beverly/esque guys.

Harden is young. Howard is fine. But they need a 3rd guy. Parsons is NOT worth more than MLE money. Morey needs to look for 2 way players like Jimmy Butler, Trevor Ariza etc. to harden up this team.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You can't just waive a player and get the cap space back...

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

as long as they run this brand of basketball they will never contend. They could win 60 games or something, but this style of basketball doesn't work in the post season.

4. i3artow i3aller

No J, Iimmy Butler, is a one way player. Adding guys like him would make us slightly worse.

5. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

This team will contend as long as we have a new coach that will hold our superstar players accountable for their no-show in the playoffs...

Off Topic: Why the fk do we want Melo when we got Melo "lite" in Harden on this team already like some of the posters mentioned on other threads? High volume shooters who are lazy as fk on D.

6. TheRealJames

TheRealJames Member

Larmarcus Alridge

[​IMG]

7. rocketseagles07

This team will contend next year. They're learning right now how to win and we've run into a player who is carrying a team on his back. The best player wins most of the time in playoff series. I laugh because we heard ALL THIS S*** talking on clutchfans about how we don't get enough respect, bspn and blah blah blah. When in reality these are two evenly matched teams. One has stepped up and the other hasn't... end of story. I agree we don't need parsons but mchale can't control one player getting the ball on the block and dominating us.

1 person likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Oh yes, you can... in Bizarro OP=downbytheriver Land!

#8 topfive, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

lol, Right?

I sure do take the OP seriously after thoughts like these.

10. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I think Melo will come here. We are a perfect fit for him.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Let me guess,

you are the same fan who will post : The Texan will easily contend this coming season if they will draft Johnny football.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yup. Its fools gold basketball. I get fooled every year, but true contenders end up being the ones with the best defenses.

13. downbytheriver

Both lin and asik are set to expire regardless, with Asik being tradeable and a playable asset. Lin, welp, maybe with the Shanghai Sharks but not by the NBA team.

You can nitpick over the smaller details or see big picture. Lowball parsons, replace mchale, put morey on a short leash because his nerd talk hasn't done much aside the fact he lucked into Harden --- which resulted in Howard.

14. downbytheriver

nope, not a Manziel fan and have wanted Clowney since day 1.

Even then they aren't as close to being contenders as the Rockets will be 1 year from today.

15. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Trevor Ariza??? No thanks

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If you have a 1 way player like Harden that plays no defense, you will never every be able to contend with him being in the starting line up. Guy doesn't want to defend.

17. downbytheriver

He's already strong and pretty quick, experience will bring intelligence. But you have to make defense a priority at SF knowing JH's weakness

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Dear Houston Sports Teams:

I only have so many "next years" left.

Sincerely,

Me

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Exactly. Reminds me of those Phoenix teams that would win 55 games and suck it up in the play offs. That run and gun offense just doesn't work in the playoffs. The game slows down and it is all half court sets. You NEED a playbook to run a half court offense.

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Because Melo can score in the post, shoot the 3, and score at will. Harden doesn't have the same skillset as Melo when it comes to scoring. Melo as out stretch 4 would put us in immediate contender status.