1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Take a deep breath Clutchfans!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newAge_Rockets, Apr 21, 2014.

1. newAge_Rockets

We are all running around screaming like chickens with our head cut off! We will be fine. Refs kinda screwed us in the first half, and LMA played out of his mind. Their star had one of the best games of his life and our star shot 8-28 from the field. I'm confident we will get back to driving to the hoop and LMA won't hit three pointers!! We took more mid range shots mire than I've seen from this team in a long time, and they sadly started settling for the jumpshot.

Calm down, believe and let's watch our team win this thing in 5 games!!

Lol jk, more likely it will go to 7.

2. dmoneybangbang

No, I was there. We had the game won. This series will go to 7.

3. newAge_Rockets

This is kinda contingent on Beverley not being injured. Overcoming the loss of his perimeter defense and most importantly his energy would kill the team.

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

That was the most demoralizing loss I think I've ever watched.

Blew three double digit leads in the second half alone. Blew a 6 point overtime lead in 50 seconds, blew over 20 leads in the 4th quarter and overtime.

So many chances to win. And we lose.

God forbid we're a little drained emotionally.

5. newAge_Rockets

We all are. It sucks to lose, and it's easy to feel that this team can't win another game. But I can't take more pessimism. Let's stop calling for the coaches head, let's stop dragging players through the gutter, and let's show Daryl Murray on clutchfans here that we believe.

We all want a better coach, sure. But let's support the guy while he is still n charge of OUR team.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Game 7 Utah. Over the past decade, thats the worst I've felt in a while over the rockets.

Lastly, to all the optimists on this board, I admire your strength, but you continue to overlook the flaws. They are glaring and the rockets have a big problem. It just became very difficult for them to pull this series out now. Its also not too encouraging that our timeout plays ...aren't even plays.

7. newAge_Rockets

Dang didn't see "the positivity thread" earlier cause it wasn't bolded.

Mods can delete my thread as these two overlap in meaning.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Pfft. Rookie.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Exactly and bev didn't look good limping.

10. haydenfisher342

took deep breath, choked on it

11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We needed this game.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

So many shyt going on in this game that I can only boil down to one single word: "STUPIDITY." That's what the Rockets team is ....STUPID!! Smart team would have held on and win this game. Smart team would not settle for 3pts when the game is tied up with 3secs left. Smart team would not have settle for 3 when you're down by 1pts with 40secs or so left knowing the other team is in foul trouble. Smart team don't continue jacking up 3 early in the shot clock. Smart team don't continue to allow their leader to settle for outside shot knowing he is one of the best at attacking and drawing foul. Smart team don't have coaches that continuing allowing his best player basically doing jump shots all game long.

On the flip side, did you see Damian Lillard attacking the basket at will and try to draw fouls and not settle for jump shot? That IS SMART because they know they're only down by 1pt and settling for jump shot are not always guaranteed to go in. And who do you think tell Lilliard to attack the basket?? That's right...it's their coaches!!!! They have brains. Our coach McFail is stupid and brainless.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

people are spazzing out.

they needed a career night from aldridge to eek out a win even with out best player playing like ****,

aldridge isnt going to average 46 points a game, and theres 6 games left. We've won 3 out of 5 against them this year and I expect us to close out 4/6

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Okay ..., no chicken littles

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

uhhh, I will take one when we win the series...i advise you to do the same.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. That's the one thing I overlooked. Aldridge got lucky as **** this game.
    This is kinda like Hardens 7-9 3pt shooting game against OKC. It only happened one game.

17. conquistador#11

i didn't have the motivation to watch GOT

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I really wish I didn't get so emotionally invested in sports. I'm gonna be down until Wednesday.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Please. I will assume your new to houston sports. I bet you still think the rockets win it all pr make it to the wcf.....but somehow managing to beat the thunder/clippers and then sweeping the heat.

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Same here. Not going to get much done, and I'm sure the next 3 days will feel like months