1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Robert Covington Named D-League Rookie Of The Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Apr 20, 2014.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

2. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

And yet Trashpi still gets PT

Smh

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

+1. Same thing with tjones, they kept insisting on Dmo.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Lol...

You know how McHale is. He's very selective when it comes to playing rookies. We'll get to see him next year.

1 person likes this.
  5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

He will much playing time next year. Believe me.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And they continue to give minutes to non-shooters Asik and Howard instead of Covington. McFail doesn't know that you have to shoot to score and you have to score to win.

And don't get me started on Jeremy Lin.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think he and daniels have a shot at the rotation next year.

we need points off the bench, and these guys can fill it up (and cheaply!). but will they be liabilities on defense?

if i were to give 1 piece of advice to both of them it would be to work all summer on perimeter defense and become a 3-D player. if either does that he's automatically getting minutes.

8. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Okay you've obviously never played basketball before. Is Covington gonna box out deandre Jordan and get boards, without a center, they will score literally every possession off a make or putback... How many guys can score per possession? 1. How many guy can box out and play defense? 5. That's the nature of basketball. You don't got to score a lot to help the team. See Patrick Beverly.

Now does mchale misuse Lin's talents? Absolutely. But that was the choice we made when we signed harden. Jury's still out on that one. I'd like to see some more defense and +/- from harden and less free-throw inflated stats before I make that call. But regardless, harden has huge upside if he could put it all together. Basically be like lin 2.0

1 person likes this.
  9. cardpire

cardpire Member

Asspee

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

OMG can't wait until next year when he gets some playing time. I love love his game

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

[​IMG]

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Great pick! He was a leader, played well and did what the NBA dreamed of when they got the idea to make the NBADL: developed an NBA game.