1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What IF we did Get C.LEE?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHOKI3, Apr 18, 2014.

1. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

WOW!.. PBEV ON BALL PRESSURE PLUS C.LEE PASSING LANE DEFENSE WOULD BE AWESOME!...Plus it would shred Harden's minutes!..

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It'd give us a pretty awesome small ball playoff lineup of Howard, Harden, Parsons, Lee, Bev

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I would prefer Ariza for defense alone, I hear he knock down shots. We need a shutdown defender. C.lee seems a little bit undersized to me.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think he needs some UFC lessons.

5. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K40RvUbQVXg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Imagined this when Beverley pressure the Ball Handler. C.lee Would create a lot of this = Free Fastbreak points

6. bmd

bmd Member

You trance UFC brah?

7. bmd

bmd Member

*fixed

8. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8OuxjWwoIjE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Better add this too

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I've never seen another Rocket look like he was playing lockdown defense (i.e. blanket his man) yet still get scored on at the very end quite like Courtney Lee.

Essentially, what happened was he became overrated as a defender because of this phenomenon.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

still rather have Asik over C. Lee for this team - which i guess we're playing the what if game and at the time the trade was Asik + filler for C. Lee and Bass

11. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

HAHAHAHA!!! I forgot about this -Matt: "Guy's got rockets in his shorts" Bill: "And somewhere else too"

12. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

yah thats my problem too!.. Thats why i was thinking how can we get C.Lee without Giving up ASIK!.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

never liked him…..shrinks and chokes like few other players in the league today

14. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

Remember when he saves us against OKC?

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

To be fair, it was Asik for C.Lee + Bass. So we'd be getting another PF/C who can actually catch the ball score (that was soooo uneccesary)

16. NotChandlerParsons

We'd all be b****ing about Brandon Bass and his stupid contract and enjoying small ball lineups with Jones at the 5 every time Dwight went out.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The problem is we would've had to give up Asik with no one waiting in the wings to replace him(since Greg Smith's knee is shot to hell apparently). And that would've been devastating when Dwight had to miss a few weeks late in the season.

Obviously during the offseason, Morey needs to find a suitable replacement for Asik since he's a goner no later than 2015. Then he does need to come up with a decent backup for Harden so he doesn't have to log as many minutes. Maybe Daniels can become that guy. If not, he better come up with something.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I really liked Lee during his time here and was sad to see him go. I think people tend to overrate his overall defense but he was above average at best with the elite skill of shooting the gaps for a steal.

It would have been amazing if he and Beverley played together because Pat would pester the point guard until he made a mistake and Lee would jump the gap and capitalize of those mistakes. Harden does that now but Lee is quicker. That's why Lin and Beverley work defensively. Lin is quick enough to shoot the gaps effectively. But unlike Lin, Lee would be a more natural shooting guard.

But Lee and Bass do not have the same impact as Asik, so you can't blame Morey for not doing that trade. In order to win in the NBA, you must win the trades you partake in. 48 minutes of elite rim protection is probably the most valuable impact in the NBA.