1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale TIES: Drakes, Loro Piana, Barba, Brunello Cucinelli, Burberry, Bizzocchi, Apolis

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by crossover, Apr 16, 2014.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

All items are without stains, odors, or major defects. Length for all ties is classic 56"-60". Payment by Paypal. Shipping CONUS is free and an additional ~$5 USD internationally depending on country. My goal is to be as transparent as possible so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

[​IMG]

Loro Piana Silk Navy White Dots - in NWOT, never-worn pre-owned condition. This tie was on the Loro Piana website just a month ago retailing for around $200. Very heavy silk, solid construction, 3.75" width.
    SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brunello Cucinelli Brown Wool - NWT condition. Last Fall/Winter collection retailing for $225+. Absolutely fantastic wool(89%)/cashmere/silk blend, 2.75" width.
    SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drakes Silk Red Blue Dots - overall in excellent pre-owned condition, needs a good steam to get hard wrinkles out, 3.5" width. There are a pair of barely visible 1-2cm lines in picture 1 (just above the roll) &3 that are difficult to show in photos and mostly unnoticeable in-person. I can't tell if it's a hard wrinkle or a minor razor slash (arrived in this condition) but I am trying to be honest in the sale.
    Asking $55

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Massimo Bizzochi Silk Silt Bronze Blue Floral Geometric - This tie rocks, love the color. In excellent pre-owned condition, 3.25" width. Has the Bizzocchi spinal stitching. It has a similar look to this gentleman's tie: http://www.styleforum.net/t/104040/soporific-tie-pr0n/1950#post_7016778 .
    Asking $50 OBO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Burberry Silk Pink Blue White Florals - Excellent pre-owned condition with minimal fraying, from of an older Burberry collection. The texturing is probably the best characteristic of the tie (see pics), 3.75"-4" width.
    Asking $45 OBO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barba Napoli Linen Silk 7-Fold Silvery Blue White - Good pre-owned condition. This tie is 50/50 silk linen, 3.75-4" width. Partially due to the linen silk construction, this tie has seen better days. It still has a lot of life in it but because of the used condition, I am asking at a reduced price.
    Asking $45 OBO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apolis Grey Flannel Wool Tie - NWOT. Skinny and definitely a bit hipster. Very impressed by the construction and wool quality. Still selling on their website for $68: http://store.apolisglobal.com/accessories/flannel-wool-tie/#charcoal
    Asking $35 OBO

[​IMG]

#1 crossover, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. crossover

reserved for future updates on item status

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

They're all nasty-looking. I have nothing that can match any of those... I don't think I do, at least. :eek: I will check.

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Very nice ties, but my job doesn't call for me to wear a tie. If I had more use for one I'd probably be interested. Hopefully someone will be looking for one.

5. crossover

Nasty good or nasty nasty? :grin:

I posted the same classified on styleforum and am going to have to compare clutchfans and male fashionistas comments as a social experiment :p

6. SwoLy-D

:mad: Those fudgepackers don't know style!

Neither do the peeps at 'styleforum'. ;)

nasty BAD, not Michael Jackson BAD.

7. crossover

They're staple and classic designs from quality tie makers; how can it be not Michael Jackson BAD :p. I await more of your picture contributions to your neckwear thread that I just bumped. (I have a feeling I'm going to see Charvet, Stefano Ricci style ties from you Slowly)

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In general, ties don't go along with wife beaters. I think those ties look nice.

9. SwoLy-D

Good play-on usernamewords, crossover.
    **** off. :eek:

^ cross-threading. :grin: