ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/29/2014
Tags:  2014, basketball, clutchfans, comcast, comcast sportsnet houston, game thread, history, houston, houston rockets, los angeles clippers, nba, nbatv, philadelphia 76ers, sixers, video Tags
Clutch is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Game Information, Rockets History vs. Clippers
http://www.clutchfans.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=3512

Game Chat Starts At 7:00pm
http://www.clutchfans.net/chat.cfm

Previous Game: Rockets 120, Sixers 98
  • Box Score | Game Videos

The Rockets2K TV Listings
    Game is televised nationally on NBATV and locally on Comcast SportsNet Houston. Click here to see a list of current providers for CSN Houston.

Thanks,
    Clutch

• __________________
    CLUTCHFANS ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | ITUNES | FLICKR | BLOG | err... CLUTCHFANS

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
    WinkFan is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
    WinkFan
    Contributing Member
    WinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
    Since: Feb 2002
    Member: #3487
    Go Clippers. Maybe we should bench the starters so we don't accidently win this one and hurt our chances at the 4 seed.

LosPollosHermanos is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
    LosPollosHermanos
    LosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
    Since: Aug 2009
    Member: #43443
    I rarely use caps....

BUT PLEASE BEAT THIS ****ING TEAM ALREADY.

If we're not going to win, then just rest Harden and Howard early on.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
    Fans may want to be more flexible with their season ticket money and preserve it for 2015.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
    The only thing more pathetic than twitter are the twits who aren't intelligent enough to create their own tweets.

Yellow is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
    Yellow
    Yellow is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
    Since: Feb 2010
    Member: #45696
    Lin better step the f up! Don't have much faith in our defense. Greg Smith was the only guy who could hold Griffin down is also out.

roxallways is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
    roxallways
    roxallways is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodroxallways is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
    Since: Apr 2008
    Member: #31458
    I have a feeling the Rox are going to win this game, I don't know...just a hunch.

J Sizzle is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
    J Sizzle
    J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
    Since: Feb 2012
    Member: #50387
    Can we get at least 1 against LAC?

DarkRock is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
    DarkRock
    Rookie
    DarkRock is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
    Since: Nov 2013
    Member: #57003
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos View Post
    I rarely use caps....

BUT PLEASE BEAT THIS ****ING TEAM ALREADY.

If we're not going to win, then just rest Harden and Howard early on.
    Beverley needs to help the team beating these ******* Clips. Bring his clutches and start the game swinging!!!

torocan is offline Old 03-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
    torocan
    torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
    Since: Oct 2012
    Member: #52386
    This is going to be a very tough match up.

Griffin is playing the best he's played in his career. He's legit in the 2nd tier MVP discussion. Do we even have a player that can slow him down?

And the Clippers were already a bad match up. Their strengths play directly into our strengths. We're not going to outrun them in transition, they're athletic and can shot block (making the paint difficult for Harden). And they can match up decently with Howard down low (DJ).

CP3, as always, is going to get his.

I slot OKC and Clippers as the worst pure match ups for the Rockets. Spurs are as good or a better team than either of them, but we match up far better against the Spurs.

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/22/yo...games-so-what/

coachbadlee is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
    coachbadlee
    Rookie
    coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
    Member: #45147
    We're screwed.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
    "Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

redglare92 is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
    redglare92
    redglare92 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
    Since: Oct 2013
    Member: #56863
    This is a good litmus for McHale to test out some playoff scenarios as far as substitutions at the 1 spot. CP3 is a top notch point guard. If they can contain him and limit their offense, I'd feel better going forward without Bev in the rotation.

solid is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
    solid
    Contributing Member
    solid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
    Since: Apr 2001
    Member: #2406
    Need to build confidence by beating this team. We are due against them.

We have entered a new era of Rocket's basketball; not since the championship years have I been this optimistic. (Correction: the jury is still out) (Update: the jury has been sequestered, this may take a while)

DreamShook is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
    DreamShook
    DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
    Since: Jun 2008
    Member: #32128
    This game will depend on how well TJ plays against Blake.

AvgJoe is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
    AvgJoe
    Contributing Member
    AvgJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAvgJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAvgJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
    Since: Apr 2009
    Member: #39870
    Rockets Sunday: #3 of the West!

djperm is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
    djperm
    Contributing Member
    djperm is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
    Since: Mar 2008
    Member: #30857
    U got the East now its time for the West. Build Confidence and Momentum especially if we end up playing the Clipz/Okc in the playoffs!

I agree that the Rox *+@#!achieved in the playoffs. Fortunately, there is Always Room for Improvement...

Yiiipppeee.........../\................_................./\

.............................................\/

Karolik is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #15
    Karolik
    Karolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
    Since: Jan 2010
    Member: #44968
    Probably no Howard (ankle) and no Bev. This will be a tough game to win..But Rox have pride, I don't think they will get swept 4-0...at least I hope not.

Deuce is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #16
    Deuce
    Contributing Member
    Deuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDeuce is James Harden -- racking up the points
    Since: Aug 2001
    Member: #2940
    I don't care what happens. Just no one get injured. Thank you.

“I think with this [acquisition of Dwight Howard], we move into one of the top teams in the West,” Morey said.
    "Teams mistake at times like this when they make rash moves, rather than well thought-out moves.
    My concern is our playoff team coming in has chance to beat every other team in the playoffs; it’s not on having the best team in the league July 6, 2013.”

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
    Rip Van Rocket
    Contributing Member
    Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
    Since: May 2002
    Member: #4070
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karolik View Post
    Probably no Howard (ankle) and no Bev. This will be a tough game to win..But Rox have pride, I don't think they will get swept 4-0...at least I hope not.
    No Howard? He played last night.

scolandry1 is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
    scolandry1
    scolandry1 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodscolandry1 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
    Member: #45440
    They better put Asik on Griffin

AvgJoe is offline Old 03-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #19
    AvgJoe
    Contributing Member
    AvgJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAvgJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAvgJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
    Since: Apr 2009
    Member: #39870
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rip Van Rocket View Post
    No Howard? He played last night.
    Apparently hurt his ankle during the 3rd.

mikus is offline Old 03-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
    mikus
    mikus is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
    Since: Jan 2013
    Member: #54232
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AvgJoe View Post
    Apparently hurt his ankle during the 3rd.
    If Howard's not good, he shouldn't play, we'll need him at his best in the playoffs.