1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It is clear where thee last 12 games are headed. The rivalry will take on new life in the playoffs. Mark Jackson returns to face the team for which he couldn't hit a shot.

Rockets in 6? Much rather would have played Portland.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Premature ejockularity

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Derp Derp

[​IMG]

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We're going to play either GS or Portland . I really hope we can get that 3rd seed.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I hate them and need to avoid them.

6. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Any one of these 5 teams could be #5 or out of the playoffs. We are not even safe at #4 yet.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

With the caveat that it's sports, and of course anything can happen....this team has no business being nervous about either Portland or GS. They're better than both. Portland and GS better be damn nervous about having to play the Rockets.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

9. AggieRocketFan96

Speaking of GS, I just saw something on ESPN ticker that Coach Jackson booted Asst Coach Calabrine to their D league team after a difference in coaching philosophy. Reference was made that he something similar (coaching philosophy differences) with Asst Coach Jeff Malone last year to the point that they wouldn't speak for weeks and Malone left GS to take the Kings job. Sounds like some disfunction going on there.

10. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Wait what? Why? I sure as hell don't want that 3rd seed. I'd much rather we stay 4 and POR stays 5 so that we can beat them in the 1st round :D

Then, since it appears SAS will finish 1st seed, we'll get them in the second round.

If we move to 3rd seed, we either play GSW or POR, depending, but then have to take OKC in the second round...no thanks. I'd rather they tire themselves out vs. LAC in the second round then meet us up at the WCF.

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The only team I fear from the bottom 4 are the Grizzlies. They have the playoff experience and size to give the Rockets fits. I still think the Rockets are the better team, but it wouldn't be an easy series. As it would if they played against the Warriors or Blazers.

12. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

the way things are going, very likely Gizz will climb up to num5

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Portland is the easiest. In order after that I prefer PHO,DAL,GSW,MEM (obviously only 3 of those 4 will make it barring a Portland collapse).

Thing about GSW that scares me is Iguadola. If he can manage to negate Harden over the course of the series then we could be in trouble. Obviously the Suns have someone like PJ Tucker but GSW just has elite firepower on offense.

14. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I agree Portland is easiest but because I think they have collapsed already. 3-7 for the last 10 games is a collapse for any playoff Western team.

Portland reminded me so much of GSW of last year when they were the hunter for much of the season then became the hunted near the end.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LosPollos has been trying to make this happen in many of these threads because he thinks that losing in the first round would be a disaster (it would). Los wants to desperately play Portland at all costs despite what lies ahead in the 2nd round. Many people have been trying to tell him that Rockets dominate GSW and he shouldn't be worried about them at all.

Rockets need to stay in 4th position as long as the spurs are in the #1 position. Rockets are not better than the Clippers, Thunder or the Spurs but Rockets Match up the best against Spurs with our best defenders at the PG and Center spot.

ROCKETS CAN BEA(S)T PORTLAND OR GSW DOESN'T MATTER.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am not worried at all about golden state, I would rather face them if anything.

Whether it's Portland or GS, I expect the rockets to win in 5

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Curry/Thompson get hot Rockets have no chance to defend them. Not even Beverley would be able to stop him. That's what happened last year in the 1st round against Denver and the first 2 games of the Spurs series.

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

You live and die by the jumpshot. I'm tired of hearing that curry and Thompson can't be beat when they get hot. I don't care if you're the GOAT shooter or not, you live and die by the jumpshot.

When's the last time Thompson has gone off against the rockets? He can't create his own shot, just a shooter, a poor mans Kevin Martin.

The only one I'm concerned about is curry but we match up well against him because of Beverly.

I really want gsw cause I want to beat Espn media darling and show how overrated they are.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ill be glad to go up against GS. They are unraveling and their coach isn't as good as Portland's

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You must've missed a couple of blowouts this year where Curry was clueless what to do coming off the pick at the 3 point line and seeing Dwight with his hands up right in front of him.

If memory serves me correctly he racked up his points in the second half as our starters sat.

Can't wait to play GS.

Seeing Bogut and Draymond walk off the court after a series loss without a smug punk look on their face will be priceless.