1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Mark Jackson forces Brian Scalabrine reassignment

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Mar 25, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrio...-of-assistant-brian-scalabrine-184142899.html

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

3. smr6

smr6 Member

Jackson's done a good job with Golden State during his time there. The few years before he arrived they had done nothing. They had one good playoff run knocking off the #1 seeded Mavs but then missed the playoffs ever since until last season I believe.

I just never liked the guy though.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lawrence Frank and Kidd, I understand, but is Scalabrine seriously a threat to Mark Jackson?

And what the hell does this mean?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mark Jackson's contract is up after this season. It's one of the speculated reasons Dwight didn't find GS as desirable.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Makes sense, but I am curious as to why the writer is implying that GSW may go forward with Scalabrine over Mark Jackson...

Really?

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

when these assistant coaches are hired, didn't the management run by the head coach to see if they mesh, work well or ok with the hire?

8. Nook

Nook Member

We don't know the dynamics behind the scenes.

Jackson already had a sex scandal, did that upset ownership?

Is Jackson really difficult to deal with behind the scenes?

Have a number of players complained about Jackson?

Did ownership expect a #1 or #2 seed after moves this off season?

Just way too many variables, and sometimes the raw record does not accurately reflect what is really going on. I remember knowing that Avery Johnson was on thin ice even when he was winning 60 games because of his inability to work with other people. Rick Adelman has been in a similar situation as well.

It wouldn't shock me if Jackson is gone after the season unless they go really deep in the playoffs. The Warriors paid a LOT for Iguodala as well (in terms of money, draft picks and cap space) and management probably was promised a deep playoff run.

9. Nook

Nook Member

There is a myth out there that all the assistants are choosen and hand picked by the coach.... that often is not the case. If a GM wants someone on a coaching staff, they will be on the coaching staff.

The Celtics, Rockets, Heat, Denver and Nets all had the front office choose one or more assistants.

Sometimes the front office even fires or does not resign a head assistant when the head coach wants them back.... although that is more rare.

If you are asking if Jackson was told about Scal being added? Sure... and I am sure if he had a real reason to not want him, they would probably not hire him.... but I doubt there was bad blood prior to the hire.

Kind of helps shed light on the Adelman situation...... which was all about a power struggle between GM and coach and a coach wanting more money and say in how the team was constructed.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sounds like he's history after the season unless they make an unexpected run in the playoffs. Maybe he's just a very insecure person.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mark Jackass.

12. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

The article from the link is slightly different from the one quoted. In that article, it said Mark Jackson actually hired Scal.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's just not good management to hire someone without the consent of that person's immediate supervisor. I wouldn't like my boss to force someone on me that I didn't like. If my boss doesn't like what kind of people I hire, he should just fire me. And that just means one thing. He doesn't trust my judgment. That, of course, is his right to do so. But it's not about power struggle. It's about whether the boss values my job performance.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The Warriors sucked before Jackson got there. Now they wanna get rid of him? I wonder who'll they'll blame when they suck again:rolleyes:

15. itony

itony Member

I didn't realize there were so many pro-jackson people. I assumed he was a dunce lol...but was it really jackson coming in or the emergence of certain players and roster changes that put them in to the spotlight?

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Don't know the details, but in generally find jackson to be a douche and overrated coach

17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That's a douche move.

18. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Still mad he didn't let us break the 3 point record lol

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Perhaps both.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not mad about falling short of the record, but Jackson's postgame comments about the tactic being "old school" were a joke. What a stupid thing to say. He should have just said, "we didn't want to be in the record books". Simple as that.