ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Rio Grande Valley Vipers

[Video] Isaiah Canaan highlights vs. Canton Charge (02/18/2013)
Tags:  2013, 2014, all-star game, canton charge, highlights, houston rockets, injury, isaiah, isaiah canaan, league, nba, nba development league, new orleans, rio grande valley vipers, robert covington, video, youtube Tags
Crabdribbles is offline Old 02-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Crabdribbles
Contributing Member
Crabdribbles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCrabdribbles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCrabdribbles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2013
Member: #53683

Quote:
It came at an unfortunate time for Canaan, who was named the NBA D-League Co-Perfomer of the Week for games played between January 20-26. In the four games played over those seven days, the 6-foot guard averaged 25.8 points, 6.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds and led the Vipers to a 3-1 record. On top of that, he was unable to join his teammate, Robert Covington, in New Orleans last week to participate in the NBA D-League All-Star Game. However, after being sidelined for nearly three weeks, he was finally able to make his return last night when the Vipers went on the road to take on the Canton Charge.
The rest of my recap is up on Ridiculous Upside.

Sponsored Link
Mirri3000 is offline Old 02-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
Mirri3000
Mirri3000 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49215
Thanks for the highlights and writeup

xiki is offline Old 02-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
The kid looks like a willing passer, willing to take contact. How will he do against the 'big boys'?

Aruba77 is offline Old 02-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
This kid looks really good. Morey may have done it again.

j3i is offline Old 02-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #5
j3i
j3i is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54558
Hope Canaan and Covington are kept around. They are paying their dues just like Jones and Dmo and that looks like a good system/culture to me.

cerophilik is offline Old 02-20-2014, 02:56 AM   #6
cerophilik
cerophilik is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2013
Member: #55962
we should sign Daniels too
then trade Brewer and Casspi or Garcia and get them some minutes. Then put Cannan, Covington and Daniels in the line up. They hit a ton of 3s and most of them are nothing but net

...( )......\ ( )
._/||\_......|| \_
_/ \_.._/ \_

Clutch is offline Old 02-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
... and Canaan bumps up to the third point guard spot.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

RoxDaBeard is offline Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
RoxDaBeard
RoxDaBeard is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #54766
Looks like he has been practicing with Harden. Even took some of his moves.

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 02-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #9
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
I have a good feeling about Canaan. He definitely is doing well with the Vipers. I think playing in the D-League has really helped him.

coachbadlee is offline Old 02-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #10
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Canaan has a smooth style of play. When he gets comfortable, he can be a problem.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Progs is offline Old 02-21-2014, 03:30 AM   #11
Progs
Progs is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodProgs is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52405
Yhe jury is still out. I question his quickness and lateral movement for a pg.

Voice of Aus is offline Old 02-21-2014, 05:07 AM   #12
Voice of Aus
Contributing Member
Voice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progs View Post
Yhe jury is still out. I question his quickness and lateral movement for a pg.
For a second round pick, their are always going to be flaws, their really shouldn't be a jury out for him considering how many lottery picks in his draft are looking terrible

Recent Thread - Statistical Analysis on Ariza vs Parsons contracts

bmd is offline Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #13
bmd
bmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
This is the first time I've ever watched Canaan's highlights, and he reminds me of Aaron Brooks on offense, but a better passer.

nobie is offline Old 02-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
nobie
nobie is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #54787
Cannon looks like smaller Harden