1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ilyasova for Casspi / Ariza for Casspi - Would it be an improvement? (stats-wise)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Jabberwock, Feb 8, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jabberwock

Well, I saw threads about trying to get either Ersan Ilyasova or Trevor Ariza (again!) to the Rockets, to fill the 3/4 positions with quality.

Ilyasova is having a noghtmare year, actually, so this may be a bit unfair,
    but I took the liberty to compare the contributions of Casspi, Ilyasova & Ariza this year (per 48 minutes), to see if we would be better off...

Notes:
    The other 2 are starters whereas Casspi is a bench player.
    The other 2 are in bad teams, and that may be a factor on their personal numbers (for them or against them)

The numbers:

[​IMG]

Ilyasova is really miserable...
    Casspi is only last in FT% and TOs (all 3 make too many of those)

Your thoughts?

2. Play07

Play07 Member

That moment when you thought a source was discussing a trade. Then you open the thread & it's someone random trade idea. Lol smh

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

I thought, how can you trade Ilyasova for Casspi or Ariza for Casspi .

4. The Jabberwock

We cannot TRADE "Ilyasova for Casspi or Ariza for Casspi".
    I meant we can GET "Ilyasova for Casspi or Ariza for Casspi"

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Ilyasova is just suffer from being on a bad team. He is the perfect stretch 4 we're looking for. He is an excellent shooter (shot 46% from 3 in last 2 seasons), decent rebounder, much better ball handler than Casspi.

I don't hate Casspi because I think his production is fine for his contract. But Ilyasova and Ariza are flat out better than Casspi and that's not even debatable.

6. noone

noone Rookie

Casspi problem is he is very gifted physically but his game isn't sharp. It's not his fault he didn't get what he needed as a player from Sacramento and Cleveland. You need to be sharp to get along here. I don't think it's realistic because if you're trying something new you will be dull but americans have an hate and anger against dullness.

7. dragician

dragician Member

I think having Ariza now is a BIG help.

8. noone

noone Rookie

What Casspi lacks in sharpness and stats against Illyasova and Ariza he makes up in tone. He's willing to get physical and play around the basket. Getting hit doesn't seem to bother him much. If Omri Casspi gets sharper he'll be a better player than both those guys.

9. noone

noone Rookie

The rockets defense will be as leaky as a hotel bathrooms plumbing in Sochi.

10. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

This,Ilyasova isn’t a guy who creates his own shot. He needs chemistry in a pick and roll or pick and pop game. He had a solid comfort level with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis by the midway point of last season and a lot of his best looks came either when he set screens for them or floated to the top of the arc as they ran pick and rolls else where.

Current Bucks' roster is incapable of finding cutters or hitting people on pick-and-rolls.

And lol at the hardcore COF OP saying Trashpi is better that is hillarious,I would rather have Delfino or Marcus Morris.

1 person likes this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

What makes you think we can get them for Casspi? He's just lucky to be on a team that has been plagued by injuries. He would be third stringer forward on other contenders at best. And with Asik back, D-Mo will take Casspi's minutes.

12. The Jabberwock

Thought that the +/- is meaningless without stating the teams' +/-
    so here it is:

Casspi's +/- is 7.0, and Rockets' overall +/- is 3.8.
    Ilyasova's +/- is -10.4, and Bucks' overall +/- is -9.6.
    Ariza's +/- is 2.6, and Wizards' overall +/- is -0.3.

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

NO WAY! Ever since Trevor left the Rockets he has become a much more mature player. I watched a couple of Wizards games and was very impressed by Ariza's maturity. He has grown into one of the league's best wing defender and a very reliable 3 point shooter. And Ilyasova is basically better than Casspi in every aspect. Casspi gives us decent production for his contract but that's it. He is vastly overrated by Israeli fans.

14. The Jabberwock

Everything is debatable. It's a forum for debates.

Stats say otherwise...:rolleyes:

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what am i missing here? ur saying we can get ersan or ariza for casspi? is that what you're saying?

16. noone

noone Rookie

Trashpi really is this trailer park problems or billionaire problems.

Marcus Morris, Defino I'll pass.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Meaningless stats. We have a better team so we should have a better plus minus. Also plus minus includes a lot of random things on the court that have nothing to do with the ability of the player.

18. The Jabberwock

Never said he wss better.
    I DO say he is not significantly worse
    (And he costs 10% the money)

"Trashpi"?
    It seems you have a real issue with Omri...
    Care to tell us what your agenda is?

19. noone

noone Rookie

I think he gives great production for his contract. Casspi needs to be sharper which is part of wing defense and reliable shooting.

20. noone

noone Rookie

This thread is counterproductive for those with an agenda of promoting Omri Casspi. I'm going to watch and see if he does what he needs to succeed on the Rockets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.