1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragician, Jan 29, 2014.

1. dragician

dragician Member

It's about time to make some noise for DMo. First career double-double tonight and slowed down Dirk the dick Stern Novitzki.

Well done DMo. I hope you retire as a rocket. ;)

2. Clarinetmonster

Only one that could actually guard Dirk at all. I'm impressed by his post game and his poise in tight game situations. He's been playing great lately.

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Yes, definitely impressed by his poise, and his defense (and also his rebounding). He's a different player from last year. I just wish his teammates would pass to him more in the post. DMo is very high percentage within 8 ft. from the basket and that hook shot is basically unguardable.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I hope he gets more play time, more development, and won't ask to be traded.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

really coming along nicely, how funny is his swinging hook shot to watch, it is un-blockable

7. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I hope Asik get traded for a wing, because I like the idea of DMo getting backup C minutes as well as backup PF minutes. With his post moves, I think we'd be able to run similar sets that we do for Dwight, and maybe even more effectively. He's slowly evolving into a pretty good rebounder and defender, and with his size I think he could handle the 5.

In a year or two, a frontcourt lineup of Dwight, Tjones and DMo could be a force to be reckoned with, assuming TJones and DMo keep getting consistent minutes and continue developing.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Oh damn did he get traded?

/s

9. Progs

Progs Member

Dmo is a keeper.

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

That's the kind of play that gets you more minutes. Well done big fella, well done!

11. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Yes Dmo skyhook !

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

When I saw the "appreciation" thread I thought he had been traded. Those threads are usually reserved for the "departed."

13. anchel

anchel Member

:confused::confused:

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Motiejunas is FAST for a guy his size. He can handle the ball pretty well also.

Guy seems to have ideal size, athletic ability and touch. Just needs to become less awkward. He is getting there.

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

The most annoying part about DMo right now (and I'm a big DMo fan) is that he does the same thing Scola did. He picks up stupid fouls when he losses the ball or is on the other side of the court. High risk, low reward moves that he needs to learn to stop.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Appreciation threads used to be for players that were just traded

17. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Still needs more to prove. Guys here jump on bandwagons so fu**ing quick here! Sheesh!

18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

19. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

actually the funny swing hook is exactly Sabonis's form, DMo learn how to play Bball in Sabonis basketball School in Lithuania.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm pulling for DMo. I thought last season he was the best candidate for the PF position but when he was given an oppertunity he just could not give consstant results.

This season when he has gotten oppertunities it has been largly mixed results. He had a terrific game against Memphis and looked like a Zebo stopper but followed that game up with a couple of duds against NO and OKC. McHale brought him off the bench early against NO but he was so bad (hard to watch him that game) that McHale pulled him after 4 minutes and never used him again. Against OKC he got more minutes but he was just horrible in that game.

DMo just needs to build on every game and continue to give the team consistent results and not just flash every couple of weeks. DMo is solid with his man to man post defense but really f'n slow on his rotations when trying to get back to the post after defending the pick and roll.

Fundamentally speaking he is a better defensive rebounder than TJones. TJones is more effective because TJones has been mostly consistant.

I would love to see DMo finally start to figure it out. You can see his height really bothers people when his defense is sound. It bothered Zebo earlier in the year and it botherd Dirk the other night.

On the offensive end, DMo has really good post moves but sometimes it seems the game moves a little faster than him. He does look to be getting more and more consistent on that end and it does appear that his teammates are starting to look for him a little more in the post.