ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Talking Rockets with CSN Houston's Adam Wexler
Tags:  adam wexler, basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, nba, podcast Tags
Clutch is offline Old 01-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6143/a...uston-rockets/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Captain Hook is online now Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
Captain Hook
Captain Hook is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47312
We are a veteran Point Guard away from being serious contenders. We are missing that leadership and a player that can be that coach on floor and settle things down when time is right. Boy I would love Rondo on this team. I also wouldn't mind Andre Miller being here for a veteran presents.

Voice of Aus is offline Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Voice of Aus
Contributing Member
Voice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55834
Love wex

Recent Thread - Statistical Analysis on Ariza vs Parsons contracts

ItalianRocket is offline Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
ItalianRocket
ItalianRocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2013
Member: #56268
Lol why do these Csn reporters look like Clowns?

First that guy who did an interview with T-Mac and know him.

dobro1229 is online now Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Oh yeah... I'm gonna need you guys to do that again... like once a week please. Thanks!

Tristan_fiore is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
Tristan_fiore
Tristan_fiore is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52756
This team needs a backup center that actually plays, a veteran PG like Rondo or Miller, a backup SG to reduce Harden's minutes and take some of the wear and tear off of him, and maybe a 4. There are two trades that come to mind that answer two of the four things that we are missing. One trade is with the 76ers for Hawes and Turner and the other is with the Celtics for Rondo and Bass. Right now I am leaning towards the 76ers trade just because I think they would make more of an impact but I am not sure which one I like better. The only other thing that I think would make this team an instant contender and I know that Morey loves the guy is somehow acquiring Carmelo Anthony. I know a lot of people hate him but the guy can flat out ball. The only thing he needs is a second star next to him. Look what he did in Denver with Chauncey Billups next to him. Think what he could do with Harden and Howard next to him. Western Conference Finals at least IMO. They could even make it to the finals with a starting lineup of Howard, Jones, Anthony, Harden, and Beverley. It would be sick.

TMac'n is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #7
TMac'n
Contributing Member
TMac'n is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTMac'n is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianRocket View Post
Lol why do these Csn reporters look like Clowns?

First that guy who did an interview with T-Mac and know him.
The Big Show with Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson was an awesome listen on the drive into work. These guys use to talk a lot of Rockets when others wouldn't. That show had really good insight.

However, I've slowly learned to really enjoy, their replacement, The Proper Gentlemen of Sports (with Lance and Adam)

Thanks for the podcast, Clutch

saleem is online now Old 01-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2094
Great insight from Adam. Great job Clutch!

FTW Rockets FTW is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #9
FTW Rockets FTW
Contributing Member
FTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49046
Good job Clutch!

Hope Wex gets a job back at 790. Him and Matt used to talk Rockets. Now its all football with Lance in there despite Adam Clanton trying his best to talk basketball. Lance would just divert back to football or some random story

tallanvor is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
tallanvor
Contributing Member
tallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25649
where was the ho chen interview last year? jk

thx for putting in the time to give us this awesome content. Adam knows his stuff.

across110thstreet is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
across110thstreet
Contributing Member
across110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2331
was wexler the in-studio guy with Ackerman during game broadcasts going back to last season and before that?

FTW Rockets FTW is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #12
FTW Rockets FTW
Contributing Member
FTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49046
Quote:
Originally Posted by across110thstreet View Post
was wexler the in-studio guy with Ackerman during game broadcasts going back to last season and before that?
I believe that is Joel Blank.

Wexler used to work the big show on 790 in the mornings with Matt Jackson.

kidcave9 is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #13
kidcave9
Contributing Member
kidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointskidcave9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45975
Great stuff ! Let's make Wexler a honorary clutchfan.

across110thstreet is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
across110thstreet
Contributing Member
across110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW Rockets FTW View Post
I believe that is Joel Blank.

Wexler used to work the big show on 790 in the mornings with Matt Jackson.

Joel Blank is definitely doing it these days, I was wondering if anyone knew if that role used to be Wexler's when he was with 610 before he went to 790.

I'm trying to remember if maybe he was the guy Jim and Gene used to turn to for halftime radio analysis.

dobro1229 is online now Old 01-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #15
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
I thought the Lowry conversation was very interesting.

There are plenty of concerns now from Toronto's POV for doing that trade but you have to wonder whether or not they would do a deal with Houston (despite downgrading talent) to move Lowry & a "poor" contract like Steve Novak (who might turn into a revelation again in Houston) for Lin & a pick?

The concerns from Houston's angle right now are pretty minuscule IMO. Lowry and McHale not getting along probably had more to do with Lowry getting butthurt over Dragic stealing his starting stop, and the situation is a bit different now in Houston now with a completely new cast with him tailor made to lead this team deep into the playoffs.

Also the "about the be a free agent" talk doesn't really concerns me. If he works out for the Rockets I think he resigns to a reasonable deal, and I think you go ahead and lock up him and Parsons to long term deals.

If he doesn't work out, than you let him walk, possibly pick up the last year on Parsons' deal and play the free agency market this Summer and the one after.

rocketblood713 is offline Old 01-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #16
rocketblood713
rocketblood713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketblood713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48769
Adam Wexler should tell his hair cut person to keep the sideburns lol

Ziggy is online now Old 01-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #17
Ziggy
Contributing Member
Ziggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsZiggy is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #543
I'm gonna shave my sideburns to be like Wex.

Smeg's Fantasy Football Coach of the Year 2013

Nook is offline Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #18
Nook
Nook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32535
Hmm....

Landry Fields, Steve Novak, Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson ($18,000,000)

for

Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Terrence Jones, Ronnie Brewer ($18,000,000)

Bad:
- You lose Terrence Jones
- You take on Novak's deal
- Lowry will be a free agent and will he cause problems?

Good:
- You get your starting point guard
- You get a good fit at the PF spot with Patterson
- You add a 3 point shooter in Novak
- Beverly goes to the bench

C - Howard/Smith
PF- Patterson/Parsons/Montie
SF- Parsons/Novak/Fields
SG- Harden/Beverly/Fields
PG- Lowry/Beverly/Brooks

solid is offline Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
solid
Contributing Member
solid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresolid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2406
Fans STILL can't see the Rockets on TV. Two years! TWO YEARS!

We have entered a new era of Rocket's basketball; not since the championship years have I been this optimistic. (Correction: the jury is still out) (Update: the jury has been sequestered, this may take a while)

Voice of Aus is offline Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #20
Voice of Aus
Contributing Member
Voice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55834
Just from what you said clutch, it would be pretty cool if you managed to get Jason Friedman and Craig Ackerman with yourself to recreate what was rocketscasts. I use to love them because they were so frequent it seemed after every home stand/ road trip they would be doing anouther one. I realise they are not allowed to do them anymore for the risk of another fine but surely it's not in breach if they talk about other players when they're on clutchfans?

Recent Thread - Statistical Analysis on Ariza vs Parsons contracts