ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Morey Q&A: Expect Asik to remain a Rocket for duration of contract
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, daryl morey, donatas motiejunas, houston rockets, nba, nuggets, omer asik, toyota center, trade, video Tags
The Cat is offline Old 01-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
The Cat
Contributing Member
The Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemThe Cat is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1090
This and loads of other nuggets (D-Mo trade talks, Parsons' contract, playoff matchups, etc.) from Morey's season-ticket holder Q&A session at Toyota Center last night. Of course we don't know what the private stance is, but he's being very strong publicly.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/daryl-...-asik-rockets/

Last edited by The Cat; 01-25-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Sponsored Link
aball1991 is offline Old 01-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
aball1991
aball1991 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33298
first

Play07 is online now Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Play07
Play07 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPlay07 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPlay07 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2013
Member: #56270
everytjme Morley does one of these I never get a invite. I've been a lower level season ticket holder since 2011. Is this only for club ticket season holders or floor seat season ticket holders ?

I got a invite to all the other events, x-mas party with players, Halloween event, got my harden jersey for resigning, the breakfast with the tour of the new locker room when they played pacers over seas during preseason.

Play07 is online now Old 01-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Play07
Play07 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPlay07 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPlay07 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2013
Member: #56270
Teams arenít going to give away better players than the ones we have. The Celtics won the title with a first-year starting point guard [Rajon Rondo in 2007-08]. Itís definitely possible to do it.

(In a separate question on recent Rondo trade speculation to Houston, Morey declined comment.)

-interesting RONDO's name was brought up a rockets event.

jbasket is offline Old 01-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
jbasket
Contributing Member
jbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50214
Anybody can provide a transcript? Will rep.

Edit: Just kidding, I am stupid.

Rotating is a gimmick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtownbrown View Post
Why don't we give out a book assignment on Clutchfans. All of us posters can be on the same page and understand what it takes to post a good post. We can all be one.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Baske.../dp/0345520106

crash5179 is online now Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Awesome interview!

A couple of cool things that I got out of that interview:

- Chandler will get A LOT of money and the Rockets plan on keeping him
- Other teams interested in DMo

Captain Hook is online now Old 01-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
Captain Hook
Captain Hook is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47312
Morey will trade for a player that nobody is talking about. I hear Josh Smith maybe on the trading block. He is not a fit playing SF. I wouldn't be surprised if Morey attempted to trade for him.

swyyyguy is offline Old 01-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
swyyyguy
swyyyguy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsswyyyguy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsswyyyguy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29829
we need omer asik if we want to contend for a championship.

HOUSTON ASTROS

u mirin' brah?

Raven is offline Old 01-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #9
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Let's hope he's bluffing, because 8 million is a lot of dead weight to be carrying on the roster.

LosPollosHermanos is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #10
LosPollosHermanos
LosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Let's hope he's bluffing, because 8 million is a lot of dead weight to be carrying on the roster.
he's lying through his teeth. Don't understand why he always plays these stupid mindgames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
Fans may want to be more flexible with their season ticket money and preserve it for 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
The only thing more pathetic than twitter are the twits who aren't intelligent enough to create their own tweets.

chenjy9 is online now Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #11
chenjy9
chenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos View Post
he's lying through his teeth. Don't understand why he always plays these stupid mindgames.
He probably doesn't want to get pounded with lowball offers. If teams perceive we are desperate to trade him, they will be less likely to offer worthwhile deals. Just my opinion of course as none of us know how much opposing GM's actually know behind the scenes. For all we know, GM's could be working with the NSA! I am joking of course, please don't take that comment seriously!

LosPollosHermanos is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #12
LosPollosHermanos
LosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43443
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
He probably doesn't want to get pounded with lowball offers. If teams perceive we are desperate to trade him, they will be less likely to offer worthwhile deals. Just my opinion of course as none of us know how much opposing GM's actually know behind the scenes. For all we know, GM's could be working with the NSA! I am joking of course, please don't take that comment seriously!
I see what you are saying but I don't think opposing GMs are that dumb. Most of us on CFs can see that Asik has put Morey in a pickle, if he wants to win in this window of Harden & Howard he better get something in return...or you get seasons like 04-05 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
Fans may want to be more flexible with their season ticket money and preserve it for 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
The only thing more pathetic than twitter are the twits who aren't intelligent enough to create their own tweets.

basketballholic is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #13
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54577
Quote:

I don't think so. He's just making assumptions that are not disclosed. Those assumptions are:

1. They get Asik back on board and he plays like last year backing up Dwight.

and

2. He gets a tweak trade at the deadline or a free agent signing down the stretch for a guy that can defend on the perimeter and shoot the heck out of the ball.

If we got back Asik back to playing at last year's level and we got another guy that can allow Chandler to play the 4 and be an upgrade from Garcia/Casspi then we could be better than everyone but OKC.

Now to get past OKC....he's saying we gotta have more than just Asik back and some little tweak trade or signing for another 3&D perimeter guy.

Trade targets: Ricky Rubio, Amare Stoudamire, Ersan Ilyasova, Cody Zeller, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams, Darrell Arthur, Chuck Hayes, Jonas Jerebko, Gerald Green, Andrei Kirilenko, Channing Frye, Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass

chenjy9 is online now Old 01-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #14
chenjy9
chenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35375
Quote:
I see what you are saying but I don't think opposing GMs are that dumb. Most of us on CFs can see that Asik has put Morey in a pickle, if he wants to win in this window of Harden & Howard he better get something in return...or you get seasons like 04-05 again.
There is a huge difference between assuming something though and seeing it published by the media. All GM's play these smoke and mirror games. Just part of the business, is all.

rocketsmetalspd is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #15
rocketsmetalspd
rocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5424
Morey is selling snake oil once again. This guy never shows his hand and has one great poker face. I will believe it after the Feb. 20th trading deadline.

Entropy is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #16
Entropy
Entropy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEntropy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5352
Quote:
Asik and Lin's contract have put Morey into a bind. I can easily see them both riding out their contracts, and this team suffering because of it. So yeah, first round exits here we go.

Lovemachine2000 is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #17
Lovemachine2000
Lovemachine2000 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30205
“The other day, when Terrence wasn’t playing, I thought Coach McHale’s dog had been shot by the look on his face. Because Terrence has really been saving us. We’re excited to have him back.”

Terrence Jones is McHale's Dawg, yo! :D

I love Basketball Jones.

DreamShook is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
DreamShook
DreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
It's always funny reading post about Morey's comments being duplicitous in nature. IMO Morey has always been forthcoming about his intentions with the team and what he is thinking of doing with trades. when we didn't have Howard or Harden Morey would routinely call all the players on the roster "assets". When we picked up Trevor Ariza/Kevin Martin/Royce White he didn't try to sell the fans on them being a stars, he hoped they would turn into some. I dont understand what some of you want from this guy. Can someone point me to a time when he has been disingenuous with the fan base or other GMs?

NotChandlerParsons is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
NotChandlerParsons
NotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52762
Quote:
Honestly given that he seems to get the better of most trades, I dont mind it. Don't know that it actually helps but hey.

ThatBoyNick is offline Old 01-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #20
ThatBoyNick
ThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49886
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShook View Post
It's always funny reading post about Morey's comments being duplicitous in nature. IMO Morey has always been forthcoming about his intentions with the team and what he is thinking of doing with trades. when we didn't have Howard or Harden Morey would routinely call all the players on the roster "assets". When we picked up Trevor Ariza/Kevin Martin/Royce White he didn't try to sell the fans on them being a stars, he hoped they would turn into some. I dont understand what some of you want from this guy. Can someone point me to a time when he has been disingenuous with the fan base or other GMs?
He has said at like the last 3 trade deadlines that nothing was goin to happen, and had ended up making a trade evey deadline. I think my minds a little cloudy.