ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba, patrick beverley Tags
Clutch is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6001/p...er-jeremy-lin/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Raven is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
The numbers are clear, Lin should be traded. He's not with 8m coming off the bench.

tim562 is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
tim562
Contributing Member
tim562 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtim562 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15860
Agreed. He brings a swagger and confidence to the team that is needed.

"As to Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon, I am not worthy even to tie his shoe laces for him; he is over 40 some years old now; but he is still so quick. That kind of speed, that kind of rhythm, that kind of directional change....to tell you the truth, I don't think I can learn much from him, as I just do not have that kind of speed as the foundation. He has taught me alot of moves, but to me, they seemed just like eye-openers that broaden my horizon." - Yao Ming On Dream

Donate
H E R E

Haymitch is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
Good article.

Quote:
Granted, this article won’t stop some of Lin’s fanatics from continuing to claim that the Rockets have it in for one Jeremy Lin. Just understand they’re wrong. Dead wrong.
Yeah, this is why I don't even participate in these "arguments" anymore.

chandlerbang21 is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
chandlerbang21
chandlerbang21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55855
It's easily seen by the REAL Rocket fans.

chenjy9 is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
chenjy9
chenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the pointschenjy9 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35375
Great article Clutch, as usual!

danoman is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
danoman
Contributing Member
danoman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddanoman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43842
Linsanity is a good player, but we don't need his scoring that much anymore. Hopefully he can be a championship trade chip along with Omer Asik.

T_Man is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
T_Man
Contributing Member
T_Man is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineT_Man is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2000
Member: #1096
Clutch,

Nice article....

But you know you just painted this on your back..

So I think you may need to wear this for a while...

Tuck and Roll... Tuck and Roll..

T_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo
That's what they call a "Turkey Vulture." 20 years past a cougar - still likes to hunt but can't take down the prey.

Miguel is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
Miguel
Contributing Member
Miguel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMiguel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMiguel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsMiguel is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10747
Great stuff, a statistical breakdown of what we've seen since late last year...

Unrelated:

seclusion is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #10
seclusion
Contributing Member
seclusion is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineseclusion is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineseclusion is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10982
Anyone who disagrees is just biased at this point. I like Lin a lot, and I believe he's proven that he has a place in the nba. With that said, Beverley is obviously better with the starters. Lin needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, and Beverley really doesn't.

Zergling is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
Zergling
Zergling is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodZergling is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46691
michael_jackson_popcorn.gif

wfeebs is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #12
wfeebs
wfeebs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51281
Great article Clutch. When it passes the eye test AND the math test there's really no argument against it

WinkFan is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
WinkFan
Contributing Member
WinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWinkFan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
The numbers are clear, Lin should be traded. He's not with 8m coming off the bench.
This isn't clear at all. Even if Lin weren't worth his salary, that doesn't mean there is a trade that would improve the Rockets situation.

sabonis is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #14
sabonis
Contributing Member
sabonis is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #10074
Great research.

I'll catch heat for this, but that last paragraph is so unnecessary and counter-productive -- the numbers are strong enough to speak on their own. All it's going to do is create more of a LOF witch hunt in the forum.

Outlier is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
Clutch has started a war with LOFs, and we real Rocket fans are behind him.

LabMouse is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
LabMouse
LabMouse is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32442
Yes, well said, Beverley is a better starter for the team. After watching last night game, I got an impression that Beverley's toughness is just badly needed for this group of players on the rockets.

Ricksmith is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
In on first page.

This post is officially for sale.

Zergling is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #18
Zergling
Zergling is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodZergling is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46691
Clutch, what are your thoughts to the possibility of getting Rondo (I imagine this would ship Lin/Asik to Boston)?

Is Rondo too redundant to Beverley? Does Rondo's lack of shooting hurt us more than all his other tangible/intangible skills help us?

bongman is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #19
bongman
bongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2002
Member: #3931
Great well thought off article.

What's that I hear? I think that might be the sound of the WAR horns invoking the legions of Lin only fans to stand up and unite against this blasphemous claim..... wait for it.....

haoafu is offline Old 01-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #20
haoafu
Contributing Member
haoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodhaoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18655
PER shows Bev is a below average PG, and Lin is better. Bev may fit better in the system under current coach.