1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WWE 2k14 online multiplayer....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hmm, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

Is nothing more than the waiting game with a soundtrack....

Why can't they just put WWF Wrestlefest (the classic arcade game) on Xbox live already...? I bet it'd be easier to get a four player tag-team or royal rumble game going there than it is in WWE 2k14... Much like X-men the arcade, and The Simpsons arcade...

I stopped following it in the late 90's when I was in my early teens - got the game mainly for the desire to re-live the Wrestlefest arcade experience online - but, I thought the WWF/E is more popular(mainstream) now than it ever was...?

The usual turnout since I've had the game in online multiplayer has been absolutely pathetic... I guess I should've gone with either Fifa 14 or Madden 25......

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

i have 13 and i never once tried to play online... other than online do you like it? i was thinking about getting it, but i have just got my 13 universe working right.

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

I really have nothing to compare it to... I haven't owned a wrestling game since Raw in the mid 90's. Showdown: Legends of wrestling was the most recent I had even bothered to play... and even then it was mainly for the nostalgic roster...

My main reason for even being interested in this title is clear, if you read my opening post... Apparently most share in your disinterest towards online multiplayer, since it's always a weak turnout... I've practically given up on ever finding a game; I feel like I'm trying to using an obscure version of an arcade emulator with a highly incompatible arcade rom... Inexcusable for online multiplayer gameplay on a contemporary mainstream console...

The best I can offer you as far as a review of the game, is simply this... The online multiplayer is dreadfully poor... The counter system is unstable, nothing like the Batman: Arkham series, or similar games... as is character motion, mainly with the AI... a bit buggy, really: one minute your opponent will be making a move towards you, idle suddenly, then cover quite distance before you realize you're already in their grappling animation - this is offline, mind you... This also affects your ability to counter... Graphics are terribly poor for a 2k14 title... wrestlers look like lifeless ragdolls, with blank lifeless expressions... and, so is the animation... Hulk Hogan himself, looks like parts of his body are being jostled and shaken about by a gmod gravity gun just doing the theatric motions of his entrance... He frankly looks frightening during his "hulk up" routine... Body proportions are off on several wrestlers... Grappling, and move animations are just bad...

The 30 years of Wrestlemania has an inaccurate, and dull presentation throughout... I've yet to try Universe mode, but from what I understand, it's par for the course with previous titles that had this feature... On the plus side, you can add custom tracks for your CAWs entrances...