Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

[ILLUSION] Chris Angel splits 2 people in half
Tags:  2021, facebook Tags
TexasStake is offline Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
TexasStake
TexasStake is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49851
Does anyone know what is going on here? I know its just an illusion and what Im seeing is not actually happening, but do they put in stunt doubles or something after the 2 people lay down? Whats the story behind this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

The boy and woman start walking away on their 2 hands. I don't understand this one bit.

Sponsored Link
Rokkit is offline Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Rokkit
Contributing Member
Rokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRokkit is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStake View Post
Does anyone know what is going on here? I know its just an illusion and what Im seeing is not actually happening, but do they put in stunt doubles or something after the 2 people lay down? Whats the story behind this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

The boy and woman start walking away on their 2 hands. I don't understand this one bit.
Not that I know how the trick is done, but they are probably mostly all actors from the beginning.

droopy421 is offline Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
droopy421
droopy421 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdroopy421 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdroopy421 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdroopy421 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdroopy421 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdroopy421 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46464
Criss Angel's illusion is done by camera editing and a lot of actors.

SwoLy-D is offline Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
SwoLy-D
Contributing Member
SwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2873
Paid actors. Lots of camera work. SELLING IT.

1) Look at the angle of the sun's shadow of the benches. From :52 to 3:10... the sun never moves THAT fast in less than three minutes.

2) You never see the ½ woman's face up close, because she's not the same one from the FULL woman. At 2:07, you can clearly see it's the same woman he's used for this trick before.

3) You watch too much magic and probably think ghosts are real, too.

Jontro is online now Old 10-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
It's all CGI, all of it. Technology has come a long way.

Yonkers is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Yonkers
Contributing Member
Yonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5020
This is a really old video. They use actors and camera editing. I believe I read an article where it was stated that they swapped out people. Someone with a better eye than me saw something about the ladies dress changing. And someone else recognized the 'half guy' as an actor who only has a torso... no legs.

BamBam is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
BamBam
Contributing Member
BamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2003
Member: #14997

That's some stupid scary stuff, Scooby-doo!

smoove shoez is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
smoove shoez
smoove shoez is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmoove shoez is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmoove shoez is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19420
No matter how you slice it, it still comes up peanuts.

BamBam is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
BamBam
Contributing Member
BamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoLy-D View Post
Paid actors. Lots of camera work. SELLING IT.

1) Look at the angle of the sun's shadow of the benches. From :52 to 3:10... the sun never moves THAT fast in less than three minutes.

2) You never see the ½ woman's face up close, because she's not the same one from the FULL woman. At 2:07, you can clearly see it's the same woman he's used for this trick before.

3) You watch too much magic and probably think ghosts are real, too.
After watching it for the second time, it's obvious that there has been some major editing! Like you mentioned, shadows don't lie, especially between :057 to 1:00.......the shadow completely changes to the opposite side....

AXG is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
AXG
AXG is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAXG is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2006
Member: #19720
Criss Angel was my favorite tv show a few years back.

Yonkers is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Yonkers
Contributing Member
Yonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYonkers is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5020
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXG View Post
Criss Angel was my favorite tv show a few years back.
I never liked him because he used too many shills/actors and camera edits. With CGI nowadays, you can just make up stuff so why would I be impressed with this stuff? At least with the other magicians it's slight of hand or some complicated setup that has to be done in one take in front of real people.

durvasa is offline Old 10-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Magic is something that needs to be experienced live, or in a setting where you know there aren't paid actors. Penn and Teller's "Fool Us" is a good example of televised magic.

AXG is offline Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
AXG
AXG is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAXG is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2006
Member: #19720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
I never liked him because he used too many shills/actors and camera edits. With CGI nowadays, you can just make up stuff so why would I be impressed with this stuff? At least with the other magicians it's slight of hand or some complicated setup that has to be done in one take in front of real people.
He's done segments with continuous shots and multiple camera angles before. I agree it's less complicated when done on tv, but at least it's interesting as opposed to a David Blaine.

Kam is offline Old 10-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Weird conspiracy. Makes you think.

Hmmmm.

#911insidejob

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

SwoLy-D is offline Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
SwoLy-D
Contributing Member
SwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSwoLy-D is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2873
^^ ToyCen? Give KAM back his account, man. Quit playin' around, yo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXG View Post
He's done segments with continuous shots and multiple camera angles before. I agree it's less complicated when done on tv, but at least it's interesting as opposed to a David Blaine.
"interesting" for the gullible, only.

across110thstreet is offline Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #16
across110thstreet
Contributing Member
across110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
This is a really old video.
of course it is.

it's a ToyCen thread

TISNF is offline Old 10-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
After watching it for the second time, it's obvious that there has been some major editing! Like you mentioned, shadows don't lie, especially between :057 to 1:00.......the shadow completely changes to the opposite side....

That's when the camera switched to the "Cell Phone Cam" which was previously established, so that's a non-factor.

ABrooks0 is offline Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
ABrooks0
ABrooks0 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44993
Somebody make a thread, Chris Angel or David Blaine!! I've always been a fan of David Blaine

DFWRocket is offline Old 10-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
DFWRocket
DFWRocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDFWRocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDFWRocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDFWRocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDFWRocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDFWRocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrooks0 View Post
Somebody make a thread, Chris Angel or David Blaine!! I've always been a fan of David Blaine
I've always thought that David Blaine is a much better magician. In a street setting (not on camera) Blaine is much much more believable. Chris Angel relies very heavily on camera angles and helpers.

"If you stay in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you, for I am grieved over the disaster I have inflicted on you" - Jeremiah 42:10

I think the belief that all people are entitled to certain tangible lifestyle items has created a class in debt and in indentured servitude. - Rocketman1981

BamBam is offline Old 10-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
BamBam
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TISNF View Post
That's when the camera switched to the "Cell Phone Cam" which was previously established, so that's a non-factor.
You're right, my bad! (camera non-factor)

The holy grail lies on the blonde woman, notice her arms, more specifically her wrists, her left wrist has a thick bracelet (watch?) :20 , and her right wrist has several skinny wrist bands :30 .

Now look at the (other) woman crawling on the floor and stop at 2:27 or 2:34.... where is the thick bracelet??.......looks like he cut her in half AND made her bracelet disappear...