ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Interviews/Clips from Day 7 of Training Camp
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, donatas motiejunas, dwight howard, houston, houston rockets, isaiah, isaiah canaan, james harden, nba, robert covington, shooting, tracy mcgrady, training, training camp Tags
Clutch is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5071/h...ng-camp-day-7/

No media viewing of the scrimmage today. There are a few clips from after the practice, including Tracy McGrady talking with James Harden and Dwight Howard as well as Isaiah Canaan, Robert Covington, Parsons and Motiejunas going through shooting drills.

There are also interview clips with Harden and Howard.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
bmd is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
bmd
bmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
LOL.. I literally just made this thead. Well from now on I know to wait and let you make the thread with your clips.

Clutch is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
No worries bmd I just removed it so it didn't conflict. Thanks!

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sydeffect is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Sydeffect
Sydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47064
Am I being a homer in thinking Covington can shoot 40% from three this season?

An Optimist...Usually

kaitanuva is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33580
This guy reminds me of a bulkier, taller Jeremy Lamb

vstexas09 is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
vstexas09
Contributing Member
vstexas09 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finevstexas09 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finevstexas09 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27651
Covington looks sick. I'm stoked for this dude. I hope he sees time at the 4. If he could make shots in the game, man, deadly ass offense.

John 1:16

clos4life is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
clos4life
Contributing Member
clos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29124
Always look forward to viewing these threads. Thanks Clutch.

I'll stop when we get Love for Harden. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
The James Harden signing is Trevor Ariza magnified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROF2012 View Post
He did not play at star level in the last 3 games.

CXbby is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Shooting is not going to be a problem for Covington, he has proven as much over 4 years. It is like a layup drill out there.

The issue for him will be his positional transition to the NBA. When I was saying Marcus Morris could be an all star, the caveat was that he would have to transition to the SF, which he never did. With Covington, he is the anti-Morris in that sense, where he has to prove he can play the PF, something he already did in college. Because on this team specifically, a stretch 4 next to Howard will be the niche he has to carve out in order to earn playing time.

Last edited by CXbby; 10-05-2013 at 07:55 AM.

FTW Rockets FTW is offline Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
FTW Rockets FTW
Contributing Member
FTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFTW Rockets FTW is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49046
His shooting looks pure. How are his other aspects of the game? Rebounding? Boxing out? Defense?

Rox23 is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
Rox23
Rox23 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRox23 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52468
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW Rockets FTW View Post
His shooting looks pure. How are his other aspects of the game? Rebounding? Boxing out? Defense?
Covington is 6'9" 215 so he's really more of a small forward. I doubt very much that McHale would throw an undrafted rookie into a situation where he would have to guard league PF's like Blake Griffin, Aldridge, Jefferson: it would destroy his confidence. Covington should make the cut but shooting isn't everything and he will be given time to develop in the D League. Jeremy Lamb had a nice stroke too last summer. People don't realize that it takes time for rookies right out of college to transition immediately to the NBA. To put an undersized rookie like this into the power forward spot on a contender would be way over his head. I think it's safe to say that if a guy can shoot this good but didn't get drafted then there are other holes in his game.

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Robert "New Big Shot Bob" Covington?

Rox23 is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Rox23
Rox23 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRox23 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
In his draft profiles Covington is listed at 6'7" 210. A guy that size can't play PF in the NBA. He can play SF though...!!

NotChandlerParsons is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
NotChandlerParsons
NotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52762
He can definitely play PF in our system. He can't be trusted to guard the Duncans and Aldridges of the world, but then which of our guys can? I'm thinking Omer and Dwight draw most of the really tough big man defensive challenges.

Whoopy is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
Whoopy
Whoopy is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38086
Don't get too excited about him. There's a reason he wasn't drafted.

Rox23 is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
Rox23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotChandlerParsons View Post
He can definitely play PF in our system. He can't be trusted to guard the Duncans and Aldridges of the world, but then which of our guys can? I'm thinking Omer and Dwight draw most of the really tough big man defensive challenges.
Chandler gets abused by most league PF's, meanwhile Covington is 2 inches shorter than Parsons and 10-15 lbs lighter. Yeah, good idea. Why don't we start Aaron Brooks and PF too and Garcia at center while we're at it.

just a word is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopy View Post
Don't get too excited about him. There's a reason he wasn't drafted.
I heard from somewhere that it'd been concerns about an injury, does anyone have more details?

Rudyc281 is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
Rudyc281
Rudyc281 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49114
H-town does have your back d12

xiki is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #18
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
Thanks, much, Clutch. Again, always.

Re: Cov. Can he hit like that in a 4Q of a close game? Can he do anything other than spot up 3s?

Whoopy is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #19
Whoopy
Whoopy is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38086
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a word View Post
I heard from somewhere that it'd been concerns about an injury, does anyone have more details?
On film, it’s clear that he shows a tendency to float around the perimeter, play passively, and as Joe Treutlein noted in November, “become decidedly one-dimensional, as he just doesn't have the skill, strength and athleticism to consistently contribute outside of his superb outside shot.”

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...vington-17037/

durvasa is offline Old 10-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Agreed, mature responses from Dwight Howard on Kareem's comments. He's going to have to deal with a lot of negative crap from people this season. Hopefully he can tune that out and make them eat their words with his play on the court.