ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Interviews/Clips from Day 5 of Training Camp
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, free, fun, funny, houston, houston rockets, james harden, kevin mchale, nba, shooting, training, training camp Tags
Clutch is offline Old 10-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Not a whole lot today because, like Day 3, practice ended ridiculously early and media didn't get to see any of it (just the aftermath).

Video of Dwight shooting free throws and interviews with Dwight and McHale. Howard was funny though talking about James Harden's Eurostep and his own success with the Eurostep.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5019/h...ng-camp-day-5/

Hoping we will get to see scrimmage tomorrow.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
ArtV is offline Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
ArtV
Contributing Member
ArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boardsArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boardsArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boardsArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5167
We don't need no stinkin' practice.

Thanks Clutch

saleem is offline Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2094
Great job Clutch. Thanks.

Commodore is offline Old 10-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Clutch, is there anything they won't allow you to show as far as defensive schemes and such?

PrawnJ is offline Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
PrawnJ
PrawnJ is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47715
howard's free throws really suck

rockbox is online now Old 10-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
rockbox
Contributing Member
rockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2000
Member: #1746
Howard thinks way too much when taking free throws.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Lie-Statis...ith+statistics

Clutch is offline Old 10-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Clutch, is there anything they won't allow you to show as far as defensive schemes and such?
Not really, but they're aware of when the media is in. McHale gives the go-ahead to that, so if they're working on something that they don't want to be shown, then we won't be in there.

This is far and away the longest we've ever gone without seeing some scrimmage action. In the days of Rudy T, I was at a few practices where we saw full scrimmages, lots of real practice where players are divided into groups and working through drills. It's dwindling down now. In fact, I think it's a league rule the media needs to be allowed in 15 minutes before practice is over (it changed this year to 15 from 30). It just doesn't really happen here.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

allaroundplayer is offline Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
allaroundplayer
allaroundplayer is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51307
Is Dwight (foot) out for tonight's practice?

Clutch is offline Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
Clutch
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaroundplayer View Post
Is Dwight (foot) out for tonight's practice?
He went in today's practice and said "we'll see how it feels tonight."

I don't think it's a big concern at all.

allaroundplayer is offline Old 10-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
allaroundplayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
He went in today's practice and said "we'll see how it feels tonight."

I don't think it's a big concern at all.
Sore feet is not a minor problem. First players complain of sore feet, then it is discovered they have a stress fracture that requires surgery.

That is what happens when you play injured. It causes another injury. It could be that playing with a bad back which couldn't absorb the pounding of running up & down the court meant additional pounding to his feet.

bmd is online now Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
bmd
bmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
One thing that I think would help Dwight with his free throws, which my coach taught me when I was in high school, is to look at the rim, then look down when dribbling, and only look again at the rim for a second before you shoot.

The point of it is so that you aren't thinking too much about putting the ball where the rim is. You get a natural look like you'd get from a jump shot. You don't stare at the rim when you shoot any other shot. You get a quick look and let it fly. Should be the same with free throws. He will rely more on his muscle memory and rhythm and less on his brain.

ArtV is offline Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
ArtV
Contributing Member
ArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boardsArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boardsArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boardsArtV is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5167
I suspect it's to keep players healthy or let them heal that is causing the short practices.

bmd is online now Old 10-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
bmd
bmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchbmd is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
Quote:
Sore feet is not a minor problem. First players complain of sore feet, then it is discovered they have a stress fracture that requires surgery.

That is what happens when you play injured. It causes another injury. It could be that playing with a bad back which couldn't absorb the pounding of running up & down the court meant additional pounding to his feet.
Players constantly have aches and pains.

I played in college and I had something new every day. Usually not enough to keep me off the court... but it was always something.

Commodore is offline Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #14
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Quote:

is this your medical opinion?

allaroundplayer is offline Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #15
allaroundplayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
is this your medical opinion?
Any sports doctor will tell you the same thing.

woket is offline Old 10-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
woket
woket is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38669
Dwight supposed to close his eyes for those FTs ...

daywalker02 is offline Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
thanks a bunch CL

alethios is offline Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #18
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552

Jenopogi is offline Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
Jenopogi
Contributing Member
Jenopogi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52179
Dwight is a loose young guy. Liked him. I wonder what's this drama are in orly and la. Hope doess not happen here.

knote32 is offline Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Dwight takes his left "guide" hand off the ball extremely early...