ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Houston Rockets Salary Cap Update: 2013 Training Camp Edition
Tags:  2013, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, training, training camp Tags
BimaThug is offline Old 10-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #359
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4696/h...training-camp/

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.

Sponsored Link
Pull_Up_3 is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Pull_Up_3
Pull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPull_Up_3 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44820
hehe ty men

hikanoo49 is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
hikanoo49
hikanoo49 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7791
wow. Howard and Harden earn $33 million a year combined! crazy. can pay for a ton of baby mamas and strippers

Converse Weapons

J.R. is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628

SuperLintendo7 is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
SuperLintendo7
Rookie
SuperLintendo7 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52571

phantoman is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
phantoman
Contributing Member
phantoman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26291
good write up, Crazy to see how morey & team has done this. It is a very interesting analysis that gets in to the mind of how the FO works. This year you can definitely see a synergy between the FO and the coaching staff and this analysis gives more proof of it.

the Bet Thread

If the rockets make the play off this year I will fly to houston to watch a play off game.

2011 Bet Thread

Nero is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Nero
Nero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4588
I just don't see how Greg Smith makes the team this year. What is the likelihood of being able to trade him for some far future 2nd round pick? It would be nice to be able to get at least something for the kid, as well as help put him on a team where he will be able to play and excel.

"Don't count that chicken before it gets laid." - Milo Hamilton

"Gay marriage is not unnatural and happens in many different species in nature." - FranchiseBlade

"Give it to me!" she screamed, "I am so wet, please please give it to me!" She could scream and beg all she wanted, I was not giving her my umbrella.

LonghornFan is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
Morey is a genius. Thanks Bima!

CCapps is offline Old 10-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
CCapps
Contributing Member
CCapps is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51710
congratulations. you just murdered my productivity at work... and i like it.

Thanks!

Artie_Fufkin is offline Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Artie_Fufkin
Artie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArtie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46428
Podcast! Podcast! Podcast!

Sorry, I got a little excited. As usual, thanks Bima! You're the tits!

Andre0087 is offline Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Andre0087
Andre0087 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50155

mikol13 is offline Old 10-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
mikol13
Contributing Member
mikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2009
Member: #42553
Fantastic piece. One of the many reasons this is by far the best site going. Thanks Bima.

Morey has done a remarkable job at landing top level talent, while still having so many ways to improve the team moving forward.

Can't wait for the season to begin, it should be a helluva ride.

TheresTheDagger is offline Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
TheresTheDagger
TheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2010
Member: #46202
Bima does it again. Proof positive Clutchfans is the best fan site in the NBA!

Someday in the future, there will be a 10 minute Youtube clip, with an intro that includes that Damian Lillard 3. And god damn if that's not going to be your favorite part of the clip, as you feel the disappointment wash away celebrating a title when you've crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of sh-t smelling foulness, and come out clean on the other side.~ HI Mana

dobro1229 is offline Old 10-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemdobro1229 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Great writeup. Thanks Bima as always.

Ultimate6thMan is offline Old 10-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
Ultimate6thMan
Ultimate6thMan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I just don't see how Greg Smith makes the team this year. What is the likelihood of being able to trade him for some far future 2nd round pick? It would be nice to be able to get at least something for the kid, as well as help put him on a team where he will be able to play and excel.
I have seen a few posts that keep talking about how Greg Smith needs to be traded for 2nd round picks, etc. But actually, he was a better player last year than TJones or DMo. So until they show me on the court that they are better than he his, and not just the POTENTIAL to be better than Greg is, I don't see how we get rid of it. I don't know what he did over the summer to improve, but he is just as young and has just as much opportunity to improve in areas of his game as either DMo or TJones. Which one of those three worked the hardest and improved the most will be know in just a few short weeks though, so we will all see. I'm just not ready to completely write Greg Smith off just yet.

Great article Bima! Thanks for all of your hard work and contributions to Clutchfans! repped. 5 stars.

Joe Joe is online now Old 10-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLintendo7 View Post
This gif is more appropriate to the Brooklyn Nets style of cap management.

Joe Joe is online now Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate6thMan View Post
I have seen a few posts that keep talking about how Greg Smith needs to be traded for 2nd round picks, etc. But actually, he was a better player last year than TJones or DMo. So until they show me on the court that they are better than he his, and not just the POTENTIAL to be better than Greg is, I don't see how we get rid of it. I don't know what he did over the summer to improve, but he is just as young and has just as much opportunity to improve in areas of his game as either DMo or TJones. Which one of those three worked the hardest and improved the most will be know in just a few short weeks though, so we will all see. I'm just not ready to completely write Greg Smith off just yet.

Great article Bima! Thanks for all of your hard work and contributions to Clutchfans! repped. 5 stars.
I could see Smith traded. I could see Smith start at PF.

basketballholic is offline Old 10-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsbasketballholic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsbasketballholic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsbasketballholic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsbasketballholic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsbasketballholic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post

I would be surprised if GSmith were cut. If there is no trade the 4 cuts will most likely be Henriquez, Young, Brooks, and one of Brewer/Williams. I would be very surprised if Brooks makes it out of training camp if there are no trades and no injuries to Lin/Bev/Canaan. And I would be very, very surprised if GSmith is cut.

Gimmmethemike is offline Old 10-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
Gimmmethemike
Gimmmethemike is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40957
Bima You are the best! You are the reason why CLutchfans is the best sports forum in the world!

Ultimate6thMan is offline Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #20
Ultimate6thMan
Ultimate6thMan is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe View Post
I could see Smith traded. I could see Smith start at PF.
Agreed.