ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Interviews/Clips from Day 2 of Training Camp
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, donatas motiejunas, dwight howard, hakeem olajuwon, houston, houston rockets, james harden, jeremy lin, nba, olajuwon, retro rockets, training, training camp Tags
Clutch is offline Old 09-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Interviews with James Harden, Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin, Donatas Motiejunas, Hakeem Olajuwon and a clip from right after the scrimmage (we did not get to see any of the scrimmage).

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4968/h...training-camp/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
pkothari1013 is offline Old 09-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
pkothari1013
pkothari1013 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34481
Awesome - thanks for these vids!

moose is offline Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
moose
moose is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodmoose is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33961
Where is Asik in the first video?

Clutch is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
Where is Asik in the first video?
I had the same question, but when I asked, I was told he was here today so I don't know.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Yang_Wenli is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Yang_Wenli
Yang_Wenli is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54797
Who was the guy that shot before Jones?

tehG l i d e is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
It always seems as if asik is never around and very distant from the team

CXbby is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
This is like crack to a crack fiend.

A couple of meaningless observations:

McHale mentioned one team missed shots and got blown out.

Lin mentioned Dwight got all the rebounds and they ran off of that.

Connect the dots, Dwight's team blew the other team out.

Judging from the first video, the teams were:

Black

Lin/Brooks
Williams/Young
Parsons
Casspi
Dwight

White

Beverley/Canaan
Harden
Brewer/Covington
Tjones/Dmo
Asik/Henriquez

Not surprising which team got blown out, 3 starters including Dwight vs Harden + bench, I'd take team Black too. But just one scrimmage so doesn't mean much. Looks like they are testing small ball with Casspi at PF.

No clue where Asik was, not in the huddle at the end, which is weird.

EDIT:

Last edited by CXbby; 09-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.

ROXTXIA is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
When I was showing old Hakeem highlights to my wife, who came to the States 3 years ago from Brazil and thank God became a Rockets fan, she looked at me and said, "Are you crying?"

I wasn't, but I almost could have. Dude was inhumanly good. I'm glad to see him out there with the team again.

(sniff) "Tito, get me some tissue. Jermaine, stop teasing."

coachbadlee is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Nice! Thanks.

JustAGuy is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
JustAGuy
JustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53274
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXbby View Post

Judging from the first video, the teams where:

Black

Lin/Brooks
Williams/Young
Parsons
Casspi
Dwight

White

Beverley/Canaan
Harden
Brewer/Covington
Tjones/Dmo
Henriquez

3 starters vs 2, not surprising which team got blown out. Looks like they are testing small ball with Casspi at PF.

In connecting the dots, if Dwight got all the rebounds, then Asik wasn't. McHale said one team was missing shots, so it would be offensive rebounds, but still...

Easy is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
DMo said Hakeem was moving faster than him.

jscmedia is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
jscmedia
Contributing Member
jscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #118
Clutch thanks so much. Geez.

Ok management, let us see at least SOME of Monday's scrimmage k ?

CXbby is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy View Post
In connecting the dots, if Dwight got all the rebounds, then Asik wasn't. McHale said one team was missing shots, so it would be offensive rebounds, but still...
Harden's team was missing shots, so Dwight got all the defensive rebounds and his team ran off of that, blowing the other team out. Not sure what kind of dots you are connecting and how you got offensive rebounds from that...

Carl Herrera is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
EDIT:

Dentyne is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Dentyne
Dentyne is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2013
Member: #53740
Thank you for posting!

Too bad they didn't let you guys see the scrimmage

JustAGuy is offline Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
JustAGuy
JustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53274
Quote:
Harden's team was missing shots, so Dwight got all the defensive rebounds and his team ran off of that, blowing the other team out. Not sure what kind of dots you are connecting and how you got offensive rebounds from that...
Just saying if Dwight is getting all the rebounds then that means Omer isn't getting them. Not a deep penetrating insight.

coachbadlee is offline Old 09-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:

Judging from the first video, the teams where:

Black

Lin/Brooks
Williams/Young
Parsons
Casspi
Dwight

White

Beverley/Canaan
Harden
Brewer/Covington
Tjones/Dmo
Asik/Henriquez

Not surprising which team got blown out, 3 starters vs Harden + bench, I'd take team Black too. But just one scrimmage so doesn't mean much. Looks like they are testing small ball with Casspi at PF.

EDIT:

And so it begins.

Johndoe804 is offline Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
Johndoe804
Johndoe804 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJohndoe804 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJohndoe804 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJohndoe804 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46510
Hakeem's insight was invaluable. Thanks, Clutch!

Morey's methodology is right. In Morey I trust.

bmd is online now Old 09-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
bmd
bmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
I love these practice videos. Takes me back to when I played in college and even high school.

Practice is still run the same. Shoot around, Doing drills, working on the offense and defense/fast break/press/etc., scrimmaging, and then free throws, then call it up and get individual work in.

Kind of cool to know that no matter what level you are at, practice is the same. I mean, I know that... it's just cool to see it. Guys in the NBA still working.

bmd is online now Old 09-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
bmd
bmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebmd is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy View Post
Just saying if Dwight is getting all the rebounds then that means Omer isn't getting them. Not a deep penetrating insight.
If they are on opposing teams, I would expect the defensive player to grab the rebound because he is in better position to do so.

If Dwight's team was making a bunch of shots, Asik didn't really have a chance to grab a bunch of rebounds.