1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FFB - Help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by CheezeyBoy22, Aug 29, 2013.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a first timer to FFB. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how to handle having 7 bench players. What should I be targeting for bench players?

Secondly, are there any good websites to get FFB information from?

Will rep for any information.

Thank you

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Is it a standard league? Like 1 QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE and 1 team defense? If so, I'd be filling my bench with a couple of back up RB's or another starter or 2 if one is available, this for match up problems (maybe you're starting RB's backup in case of injury, especially if they have previous injuries) a couple of WR's for Sundays your starters have a bye, a decent back up QB. I never draft an extra kicker as they're pretty much all the same, and the same with a Team Defense, unless a really good one is available. I usually just pick up a Team D off of waivers by watching upcoming match ups.

1 person likes this.
  3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This thread we talked a little about where to get FFB info:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=243097

I think a bench is determined by how your draft is going. 7 bench is a good size. If you're really strong with 3 solid RBs you might want to focus on some upside for your RB depth, so a Giovani Bernard over a DeAngelo Williams (although they're not being drafted right next to each other). If you got one of the last QBs you may want to grab a back up QB earlier than others, I would recommend the high upside of Vick, Palmer or maybe Dalton.

General bench rules:
    Fill up on RBs, they get injured the most and you need depth there badly.
    Don't draft a back up K, DEF or even TE if you drafted Graham.
    If you have an elite RB, grab their backup in the 10th round or later so you're secured if they go down.

1 person likes this.
  4. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a standard league.

I'm concern on how to draft. I read a few articles today and everyone has an opinion.

I was thinking about focusing on drafting RB's first. At least the first two rounds and switch to WR's. I just don't know when I should be looking to draft a QB,TE, K, and defense.

I know a lot of this depends on who is left on the board. I'm sure if Aaron Rodgers is on the board in the 5th round then it would be smart to pick him up.

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Kicker and Defense should be your last two picks.
    Kicker: if you look at kicker points for any season, there isn't much difference between the top kickers so you're not missing out on any points if you have the 12th kicker, instead of 1st.
    Defense: This is the hardest position to predict how they'll do in fantasy. Good NFL defenses are not necessarily good fantasy defenses. Lots of points are tied to TDs for DEF/ST and TDs are the most unpredictable part of fantasy. Also, historically DEF is the hardest to predict, if you take preseason rankings/average draft position, defense does the worst in being able to predict it.

The other positions:
    QB: use to be a solid 1st round pick to pick up a top QB, but things have changed in the NFL. QBs are EXTREMELY deep this year. There are 12 QBs that can be fantasy starters. The difference between Brees/Rodgers and Romo/Griffin III is not that large. Look at some point projections online and you'll see how many points you would lose by waiting on QB. RBs drop off A LOT from top guys to guys some people will still start on their team. RB is always very thin, QB is deep this year. I like Romo (easiest fantasy schedule) and Stafford (TD bounce back year) as my main values. Backups look at Vick/Palmer, if you have Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Cam I would consider not drafting a back up QB as you would never start them besides bye week when you can pick someone up.
    TE: Graham is by far the best healthy TE available. He'll get you a big advantage over every other fantasy team in your league because he'll perform better at that position. Gronk for NE, when healthy, is better than Graham, by a bit. Gronk has been slipping and could be a good value if you want to take the risk. But if you do take him, take a solid back up. After that, TE starts to get real thin, real quick. Personally, I think the other better TEs are being drafted too high because people think they "need" a TE and are drafting them above their value. Because of that, wait till very late and take two TEs you like. I recommend looking at Jordan Cameron and Zach Suddfield later.

Other tips, have fun with fantasy. This is YOUR team. Not mine, not Matthew Berry's, not Yahoo Fantasy Sport's. If you like Andre Johnson, take him. But be smart about it. Don't draft 4 New England Patriots because you like them so much, that might be over doing it, and will hurt you on their bye week.
    Other tip for this year: do not draft a QB AND TE in the first 5 rounds. If you do, you'll be too weak at RB and WR.

6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Thank you very much!