ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Top 10 Stat Lines of 2012-2013
Tags:  2012, 2013, basketball, lebron, lebron james, nba, nba.com, trying too hard Tags
Jet036 is offline Old 07-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
Jet036
Jet036 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43249
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...=iref:nbahpt3a

Pisses me off that they have Lebron at #1. 40-16-8 is definitely a top 5/10 performance but it doesn't deserve #1 (considering some of the others). The media and NBA want to have a new MJ and are just trying too hard to be sensationalist. I mean Lebron is obviously hands down the best player in the NBA anyway. They don't have to go out of their way EVERYTIME to make sure Lebron is ALWAYS #1 on EVERY list. So annoying.

Sponsored Link
nolimitnp is offline Old 07-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
nolimitnp
Contributing Member
nolimitnp is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29339
Yeah that might not have even been his best game. Ho-hum stats for LeBron.

nolimitnp is offline Old 07-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
nolimitnp
Contributing Member
You can't forget this is a business too. Would it surprise you if he was taking a PED? Strange baseball gets all the steroid hype when its clearly done in basketball and football.

plutoblue11 is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
plutoblue11
plutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2006
Member: #19851
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitnp View Post
You can't forget this is a business too. Would it surprise you if he was taking a PED? Strange baseball gets all the steroid hype when its clearly done in basketball and football.
Not really, for one the NBA seems to be more of a red-headed step child among those three. Moreover, the players seem alot more naturally cut and lean, more so than those bulky home-run hitters or stocky NFL players. I'm not saying they cannot be users or great degree of them are not, but still basketball tends to require alot higher degree of skill for one to be successful than some of the other team sports. LeBron James is such an easy target, but he does not seem overly mature for his size ... some people are just naturally gifted or well-endowed.

Well, @guardian it makes for a nice change...at least I didn't wake up to the internet telling me I was dead again.

ó Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) February 18, 2014

durvasa is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
No mention of Harden's game against the Thunder?

meh is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Seriously? Against the Kings? That's the #1 stat? I mean, I can understand if he put that up against the Spurs or the Pacers. But seriously? The Kings?

To me, Noah's 23-21-11 blocks was definitely the most amazing. Double digit blocks in general are just ridiculous. But he also was 8-12 from the field for efficient scoring, and 8 offensive rebounds so he wasn't taking away boards from teammates either.

nolimitnp is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
nolimitnp
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoblue11 View Post
Not really, for one the NBA seems to be more of a red-headed step child among those three. Moreover, the players seem alot more naturally cut and lean, more so than those bulky home-run hitters or stocky NFL players. I'm not saying they cannot be users or great degree of them are not, but still basketball tends to require alot higher degree of skill for one to be successful than some of the other team sports. LeBron James is such an easy target, but he does not seem overly mature for his size ... some people are just naturally gifted or well-endowed.
Well when people think PED they automatically think muscle mass, strength, and endurance. A PED could also be used to help the body recover faster from game to game or speed along the healing process of an injury. We're constantly seeing reports of X player will be out 4-6 weeks, yet comes back in 3 like he never missed a game.

kevC is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
kevC
Contributing Member
kevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemkevC is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24766
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
No mention of Harden's game against the Thunder?
Seriously, I believe that game was this season's GameScore record. He had 46 points on 19 freakin' shots against the best team in the West in a comeback win.

nolimitnp is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
nolimitnp
Contributing Member
I don't want to turn this into a steroid debate, but can you name anyone from football or basketball that has tested positive off the top of your head? If you keep up with baseball at all, you can name 10 easy. I'm not saying it's as prevalent in basketball or football, but to believe no one is taking them is very naive.

Air Langhi is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
I don't want to turn this into a steroid debate, but can you name anyone from football or basketball that has tested positive off the top of your head? If you keep up with baseball at all, you can name 10 easy. I'm not saying it's as prevalent in basketball or football, but to believe no one is taking them is very naive.
Football players get popped all the time. It is just that no one cares. They take their four games and just move on.

What if Ryan Braun had said oops I just overtrained. No one even seems to talk much about cushing getting popped.

Garner is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
Garner
Garner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #43118
Considering a 40-16-8 has never happened, yea. . . It's pretty impressive

nolimitnp is offline Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
nolimitnp
Contributing Member
The Rockets team box score against the Warriors. It doesn't say individual

Off topic, again, but Olajuwon 29 points, 18 rebounds, 10 assists, 11 blocks, 5 steals, 0 turnovers.

Air Langhi is offline Old 07-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garner View Post
Considering a 40-16-8 has never happened, yea. . . It's pretty impressive
Actually if you make it 40 points and 15 assists it has happened 7 time. Lebron is the only guy to do it twice. The other time he had 13 rebounds.

elindio23 is offline Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
elindio23
elindio23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42799
Quote:
The Rockets team box score against the Warriors. It doesn't say individual

Off topic, again, but Olajuwon 29 points, 18 rebounds, 10 assists, 11 blocks, 5 steals, 0 turnovers.
Wasn't there an issue with one of the assists? They originally didn't credit him with it or something

Fefo is offline Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
Fefo
Fefo is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39400
Noah is probably the most impresive, but curry was also ridicously. 54 points on 11-13 3point shooting, thats sick. Also Harden is missing there, and lebron had no bussiness being number 1. The media is really trying to sell stuff and i hate that.

King1 is offline Old 07-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
King1
Contributing Member
King1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsKing1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsKing1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsKing1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsKing1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15949
Noah's should have been 1

QazQay is offline Old 07-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
QazQay
QazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodQazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50284
Quote:
The NBA doesn't even blood test though. They have no test for steroids or HGH.

RedRedemption is offline Old 07-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
RedRedemption
Contributing Member
RedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #43241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet036 View Post
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...=iref:nbahpt3a

Pisses me off that they have Lebron at #1. 40-16-8 is definitely a top 5/10 performance but it doesn't deserve #1 (considering some of the others). The media and NBA want to have a new MJ and are just trying too hard to be sensationalist. I mean Lebron is obviously hands down the best player in the NBA anyway. They don't have to go out of their way EVERYTIME to make sure Lebron is ALWAYS #1 on EVERY list. So annoying.
40, 16, 8 has never happened before in the history of the NBA. Not even Jordan did that.

NotChandlerParsons is offline Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #19
NotChandlerParsons
NotChandlerParsons is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52762
Quote:
OJ Mayo and Hedo Turkoglu and...okay you got me

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazQay View Post
The NBA doesn't even blood test though. They have no test for steroids or HGH.
I think they're starting to test for HGH this offseason.

Pieman2005 is offline Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #20
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPieman2005 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPieman2005 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPieman2005 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
My fantasy league mouth is juicing right now at those stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbertoe
Harden's sucking ass this year.. might be the biggest contract mistake in nba history
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBA
Howard is not a star. He is an overpaid overrated scrub. He will be a worse contract than Stoudmire next season. Trade him now or stuck with him forever.