1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger draws interest (UPDATE: Bud reaches $3 year, $16M deal with TWolves)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Panda23, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

UPDATE:

<HR>

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-free-agent-buzz--tony-allen-draws-interest-from-grizzlies--pacers--bucks--knicks-234954522.html

Hey Bud lets party!

Reportedly the "Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks and New Orleans Pelicans have made his signing a priority, and several teams have secondary interest, including Utah, Indiana and Memphis."

Which team would best cater to Chases' skillset?

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Insert morey pic

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Adelman is coming back, Minny is the place to be. If Bud doesn't feel like he's coming back, I think New Orleans would be the ideal situation. I have a feeling that they are going to end up being a legit thorn in the side of alot of teams in the West including the Rockets in about two years from now. If they sign another guy like Iggy this offseason, they could be a thorn to everyone in the West this year even.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah his skillset definately fits best with Adelman, will be interesting to see how much money he commands, my guess would be 4yr 16-20m. See him as a very solid player off the bench, couldn't really quite cut it when he got the starters gig with us.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>T-Wolves going heavy on 2-guard front to start free agency-visiting Chase Budinger in person to start free agency. Calling Kevin Martin too.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/351551859938439168">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Wow. That would be a fun team. Might need to make T-Wolves my '2nd team' since Air Bud and KMart are my favorite former Rocket and K-Love is my favorite non-Rocket.

Rubio-Martin-Budinger-Love-Peko starting 5 under Adelman would be pretty fun to watch.

2 people like this.
  7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What are you thoughts on the wing defense? Martin/Budinger weren't exactly plus defenders for us, and personally i think Rubio (while very good defensively) is a bit overrated in that regard.

8. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

Goodness gracious the defense is gonna be terrible

1 person likes this.
  9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Does anyone else think Minnesota could make a push for Rondo?

They seem to have the mixture of kids, picks and ability to absorb salary that Boston would probably want.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

From memory I thought they were pretty high on Rubio? I assume he'd be part of a package to send to Boston

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

As others said, Minnesota WITH ADELMAN is the best fit for his skills

Memphis needed some wing scoring after Rudy Gay left. While Quincy Poindexter had an underrated good performance in the playoffs for them, they coulda used another scoring threat. Budinger might not fit their "grit & grind" theme (who knows what it'll be past Lionel Hollins) but it fits a NEED.

Indiana's offense is VERY ugly. They could use a scorer as well.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rick Adelman homey team.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Memphis, for sure. Bud will probably be cheap, and Prince could mentor him. Bud's offense is good, but his defense could use work.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kahn was, Is Flip? (new gm remember) I'm not so sure. At this point I think they need to make a play to keep Love. Love's quickness (I know he's white, but look at his draft combine results) and ability to stretch the floor would work awesomely with Rondo.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Frankly I really don't get the Rubio hype. His jumpshot is beyond horrendous and I just feel his game is predicated on more flash then fire. I think if you're Flip and you can get Rondo for a Rubio/picks/whatever package then you bite on that 7 days a week. Loves versatility would go very well with Rondo.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Haha, the defense obviously wouldn't be a strong suit for this team. But this kind of seems like an Adelman dream team offensively. You have great scoring and shooting with Kevin Martin and Budinger, a great distributor with Rubio (though his lack of a jump shot hurts) a stretch four who can also light up a scoreboard and a great rebounding front court.

That team could be pretty competitive. Just think back to Adelman's final few years with the Rockets. It's almost identical to those teams with a Luis Scola on steroids and a true center. Although there is (arguably) a slight downgrade at PG from AB/Lowry

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do not want.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>There is definitely strong mutual interest between Chase Budinger and Bucks.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/statuses/351711563733938177">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hmmm... wonder where a white boy ends up? Utah or Minny.

20. HeyBudLetsParty

Gonna be a 20 point scorer next year