ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Podcast: The Dwightmare for Thomas Robinson
Tags:  basketball, chandler parsons, clutch city, clutchfans, dwight howard, dwightmare, feedback, free, gif, houston, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba, podcast, royce white, thomas robinson, trade, wanted, work Tags
Clutch is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4031/d...ckets-podcast/

Bima couldn't make it for this one, but he'll be in one soon. We've added Andrew Stewart and Lance Thompson to the team and this is their first podcast with us as the three of us have an open discussion on the offseason, discussing Dwight Howard, Thomas Robinson and some thoughts on Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons and Royce White.

We've also had comments set up directly on the articles recently, but I wanted to have a comments thread for this one on the forum since we're welcoming Lance and Andrew to the podcast.

Any feedback is certainly welcome. Thanks!

(Also, I was going to add an image to the story but Rodman23 delivered that hilarious GIF so I had to include it. Great work that he posted here)

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
srrm is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
srrm
Contributing Member
srrm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesrrm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesrrm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36926
I can't concentrate on the podcast, that gif is too funny!

xiki is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
I'll get to the podcast, I will. So, first a question: if DM the GM is or becomes convinced in the inevitability of a Dwight Houston er Howard to Houston then why wouldn't DM the GM market Asik first to make the money work? The belief seems universal that OA3 would bring back positive assets.

To Charlotte for the #4? $$$ = enough room to sign DHoHo outright, produces an asset (and a TE?)? Then if TRob is to go it isn't a proverbial fire sale? (Or along with Asik and in return a future lotto protected #1?) I believe Blazers would trade their pick, but I wouldn't do that deal (Western Conf, lower pick). I am certain other (better?) deals could be available.

I want to deal from strength, and this assumes a strong level of confidence in the ultimate DH12 signing here.

Deckard is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
I've got to run do some stuff, so I'll listen a bit later, but damn, that gif is hilarious!

faraza84 is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
faraza84
faraza84 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28736
Gif is awesome

Fair Dinkum is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Fair Dinkum
Fair Dinkum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodFair Dinkum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54978
Just finished listening.

Thanks for making the podcast.

To be honest, it's a little dry and played it a little too safe for me but that's just personal taste. I actually like the Jalen Rose Grantland podcast style. Anyways, great effort and I'm sure it's only going to get better.

Look forward to listening to BimaThug on there in the future.

lookabove is offline Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
lookabove
Contributing Member
lookabove is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51880
Great GIF

Nice Rodman23

basketballholic is online now Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54577
Interesting.

My prediction: TRob is still on the roster after the draft on June 30th and we've added several mickey mouse players to the roster (bought them for cash) that nobody wants and most of the board is panicking because we didn't trade TRob, jumping to the erroneous conclusion that nobody will take him.

megastahr is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31828
cant listen to it yet...anything of note about trob?

Lin, Harden, Parsons, ???, Howard

joesr is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
joesr
joesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejoesr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33500
Quote:
Originally Posted by srrm View Post
I can't concentrate on the podcast, that gif is too funny!
lol, it took me a while to actually start the podcast, too busy looking at GIF

MyPlayer on NextGen, please change 'The Park' method of multi-player.

Fair Dinkum is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
Fair Dinkum
Fair Dinkum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodFair Dinkum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54978
Quote:
Originally Posted by megastahr View Post
cant listen to it yet...anything of note about trob?
They said they're confident he'll be traded by Draft Night.

skyline07 is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
skyline07
skyline07 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2009
Member: #42242
lol love the gif

megastahr is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #13
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Dinkum View Post
They said they're confident he'll be traded by Draft Night.
any inside info or just their opinion I guess?

skyline07 is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
skyline07
skyline07 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2009
Member: #42242
can we please get monthly podcasts please?

pwnyxpress is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
pwnyxpress
Contributing Member
pwnyxpress is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finepwnyxpress is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2013
Member: #55393
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic View Post
Interesting.

My prediction: TRob is still on the roster after the draft on June 30th and we've added several mickey mouse players to the roster (bought them for cash) that nobody wants and most of the board is panicking because we didn't trade TRob, jumping to the erroneous conclusion that nobody will take him.
For posterity haha. Your trade scenarios/predictions are either going to be REALLY off or REALLY on. After this offseason, I will know how to react properly when I see them in the future :P

basketballholic is online now Old 06-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnyxpress View Post
For posterity haha. Your trade scenarios/predictions are either going to be REALLY off or REALLY on. After this offseason, I will know how to react properly when I see them in the future :P
trade predictions?

This is what i'm predicting here. Not willing to go further at this time. I have shown several trade possibilities but not predicted them. Too many variables right now.

If I am right on this prediction, I'll make another one after the draft.

basketballholic is online now Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
basketballholic
Contributing Member
By the way, my prediction doesn't necessarily conflict with TRob being traded draft night. He could be traded on draft night and still on the roster.

Clutch is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #18
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
For those who love the GIF, I just want to reiterate this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
(Also, I was going to add an image to the story but Rodman23 delivered that hilarious GIF so I had to include it. Great work that he posted here)
I did not put that pic together -- Rodman23 did. He's an animated GIF genius. I just wanted to highlight his work because it really made me laugh last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megastahr View Post
any inside info or just their opinion I guess?
My opinion based on info I've heard. Unless the Dwight pursuit is completely killed and cap room isn't the name of the game (doubtful), I'm pretty confident the Rockets will pull the trigger before they get to July. We talk a little bit about that in the podcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline07 View Post
can we please get monthly podcasts please?
That's the hope. Bima and I probably can't do them that frequently. Lance and Andrew should be a good fit to help us there. If you enjoyed the podcast or have any feedback for them, please let them know.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

megastahr is offline Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
megastahr
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
For those who love the GIF, I just want to reiterate this point.

My opinion based on info I've heard. Unless the Dwight pursuit is completely killed and cap room isn't the name of the game (doubtful), I'm pretty confident the Rockets will pull the trigger before they get to July. We talk a little bit about that in the podcast.

Awesome,
thanks clutch! I am at work so cant listen to it, until I get off. Good news is kinda cheering me up. My car got stolen last night!!!

Raven is online now Old 06-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
Interesting to see Chandler Parsons mentioned as the third star, but I'm not sure how the Rockets can afford to keep him if his game continues to improve. He has a team option for two more seasons.