1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

So I have zero voice having screamed at the refs screwing us in q1, harden in the last two minutes, and the ups and downs in between. I'm going to game 4 with the terrible, terrible knowledge that we could be 1-2 or even up 2-1 in this series, and it kills me.

This team was sooooo close to making a playoff run. Where are you Sam I Am to hit the irrational confidence pull up three? Where are you Carl Herrera to come out of nowhere and be near perfect from the field? Where is Yao Ming coming out of the tunnel like a champ, refusing to be restrained by rockets staff, to lead us to victory? Where are you Hakeem Olajuwon to turn The Admiral inside out, and elevate his game and show moves his teammates have never seen?

But the next step is big, and very hard to take. That's why Clutchfans treasure the two championships ... Because we remember potential, missed opportunities, and losing. Steve Francis, cutting mobley, kelvin Cato, Stacy McLady, George Karl's sonics, twin towers and the celtics, wigginns, Lucas and Lloyd. We remember bad, bad basketball. Mike Woodson, Purvis Short, Allen Leavell, the Blade, Chievous, Two Sandwiches,

So now, we must say our words. The words of the Southron, the lords of Clutchfans . . . "Summer is coming."

While the fight for a championship rages on in other cities, we have to freaking wait. But as we wait, the anger needs to fester in Harden. He needs to hear the whispers -- choker, can't close, Overrated, i told you he was just a sixth man... Where will he elevate his game. Will he train or shrink.

Beverly needs to shoot a thousand threes a day, and make himself the perfect compliment to harden. Lin needs to decide what he is going to be, and whether he can play with confidence every night, regardless of how many touches he gets.

And there's Morey and McHale. Healthy, OKC is the class of the West. But we can play with them. We have proven that much. Morey must make the move that will shift power in the West. All in for Howard or Love? Is it a cheap Pau Gasol rental (I think so). Do we pull the trigger on Millsap? (I think not) Where is the backup SG to provide scoring punch off the bench when harden sits? Is Jeremy Lin our Manu Ginoblihe? (I think so).

So It's Sunday morning and I'm still mad. We could be in that sweet spot of fandom --upset potential right there, pivotal game 4 on tap for Monday. Freaking refs, freaking harden turnovers, lucky ass Durant, damn lin injury. Damn it all. We could be right there to make a charge in a wide open west. Instead, Summer is coming. ****.

1 person likes this.
  2. guntownfan

guntownfan New Member

Great post!

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I remember those years too.....I remember sitting in front of my tv in complete frustration watching my rockets lose to those supersonics.

I agree, championship breeds don't just happen. Lbj even had to get a sour taste of defeat coming so close before he took it to another level. I didn't expect much out of this team. I'm happy they're just moving in a good direction with youth, talent, and being in a good financial situation to improve like no other playoff team.

So while we build for the future, his experience is priceless for our young team. They need to make they're mistakes now, to feel the pressure playing against the best. I'd rather them learn these lessons now than when we have a legit contender and waste a season of real contention making the mistakes they should be learning from now.

Summer is coming....but so is next summer too....we have time on our side finally.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Summer will be quite something to look forward to for us Rockets fans.

5. Rileydog

Anyone have hardens post game comments

6. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s6qxPb7nhoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rileydog

I wanted to see if harden took the blame for the turnovers and his overall demeanor. Wasn't much in the clips. Did anyone get more?

8. bmd

bmd Member

I can't wait to see what the Rockets do in the summer and I can't wait to watch them play next year.

9. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Let the next season begin!