Kelvin Cato 14 2.12%
Terrence Williams 14 2.12%
Other 39 5.90%
Voters: 661. You may not vote on this poll

Most hated Rocket player ever.....
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, jersey, nba, quitten, royce white Tags
Canadiandude is offline Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #81
Canadiandude
Canadiandude is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCanadiandude is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCanadiandude is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42657
Olajuwon.

Most hated by opposing teams
and and their respective fans.

Sponsored Link
JuanValdez is offline Old 03-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #82
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
Quitten cost us when we had a chance to still be great and we invested heavily in him. White is a sideshow we weren't really counting on in a season that doesn't much matter anyway. And, I don't see how anyone can vote for EG over even White. The hopes for EG were higher, but at least he suffered from a genuinely debilitating mental illness, severe depression. I don't want to make too light of White's problems, but half of his offenses come more from his attitude about his illness than from the illness itself. I don't think I can hate a guy for suffering severe depression.

jayhow92 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #83
jayhow92
jayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48093
I don't get why Royce is garnering so many votes. He's no where near Pippen level of hate.

King1 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #84
King1
Contributing Member
King1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKing1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15949
Quitten. It's not even close

jmwilliamson is offline Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #85
jmwilliamson
Contributing Member
jmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejmwilliamson is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhow92 View Post
I don't get why Royce is garnering so many votes. He's no where near Pippen level of hate.
I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the people who vote for White aren't old enough to remember Scottie Pippen's tenure with the Rockets.

Will889 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #86
Will889
Will889 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30460
Clarence Weatherspoon.

Go Rockets!!!

yunac010 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #87
yunac010
yunac010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52474
No one I really hate, but my dad absolutely despises Pippen.

Red Hova is offline Old 03-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #88
Red Hova
Red Hova is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will889 View Post
Clarence Weatherspoon.
When I think of Rocket players I hate, it has to players that did not play hard and or disrepected the coach or players on the team. Ryan Bowen should not be on that list. While he just was not very good, he did play his best. Think more like Maurice Taylor one of the worst signings in Houston Rocket history. Stromile Swift did not play very hard for Houston either. He preferred to dunk on Yao Ming than rebound as a power forward with him. I am not sure yet but Marcus Morris if he plays well like he did in the game Houston lost to Phoenix he may soon be on this list.

BTW if Houston is dumb enough to offer Andrew Bynum a long-term contract he will definitely be on this list maybe even over Scottie Quitten. I would not be overly estatic about getting Howard either but at least when healthy he plays hard for his team not his next contract.

Pieman2005 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #89
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
Royce White is MAJOR scum. Not only is he a bad Rocket, he's just a douche person..

-Says he's okay to fly in pre-draft interviews so he'll get drafted
-Missed 1st day of training camp without letting team know
-Publicly called out team after team allowed him to bend the rules
-Made it seem like team wouldn't play him because of his anxiety
-Is a bad role model for people with anxiety
-Got girl pregnant and told her to get abortion and said it was her fault
-Has 2 kids, 2 on the way and doesn't support any of them
-Says team assigned him to D-League because of his condition
-Didn't stay in shape, showing his laziness
-#BEWELL

And I also REALLY don't like Kevin Martin. Like AT ALL. Even before he was a Rocket I didn't like him, I hate the way he plays basketball.

Germany - 7
Brazil - 1

My autographed Trevor Ariza jersey isn't useless anymore!

RocketsFan0 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #90
RocketsFan0
RocketsFan0 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2013
Member: #53599
Derek Fisher.

Asian Sensation is offline Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #91
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
I too hate Pippen and he can suck a big fat d. Yes he underperormed, yes he wasn't what we thought he was, yes he had the audacity to call out his teammates and burn bridges. With that said part of the blame has to go to CD. Who the hell offers a 33 year old swingman who relied heavily upon his quickness and athleticism throughout his career a 5 year/67 Million contract? One could say they were hoping for the same result as when Drexler was traded here but they're completely different situations if you really think about it. 5 years/67M? You serious with that?

The same CD that gave Cato a 6 year/42M and Mo-Tay a 6 year 48M deal and Maloney a 7 year 18M contract? I guess CD sure liked locking up his players with ridiculous contracts so much so that he couldn't give Dream what what he wanted thus forcing us to see him in a Raptors uniform.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

Rudyball is offline Old 03-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #92
Rudyball
Contributing Member
Rudyball is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #837
Pippen - far & away the most hated - no contest - most expensive limp noodle in rockets history.

juicystream is offline Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #93
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
Kenny Thomas is so random. Scottie is the only player I probably hated while still being a Rocket.

Royce White has never played for the Rockets.

JuanValdez is offline Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #94
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hova View Post
BTW if Houston is dumb enough to offer Andrew Bynum a long-term contract he will definitely be on this list maybe even over Scottie Quitten. I would not be overly estatic about getting Howard either but at least when healthy he plays hard for his team not his next contract.
If we sign Bynum to a long-term contract, Morey's going to be the one going on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Sensation View Post
I too hate Pippen and he can suck a big fat d. Yes he underperormed, yes he wasn't what we thought he was, yes he had the audacity to call out his teammates and burn bridges. With that said part of the blame has to go to CD. Who the hell offers a 33 year old swingman who relied heavily upon his quickness and athleticism throughout his career a 5 year/67 Million contract? One could say they were hoping for the same result as when Drexler was traded here but they're completely different situations if you really think about it. 5 years/67M? You serious with that?

The same CD that gave Cato a 6 year/42M and Mo-Tay a 6 year 48M deal and Maloney a 7 year 18M contract? I guess CD sure liked locking up his players with ridiculous contracts so much so that he couldn't give Dream what what he wanted thus forcing us to see him in a Raptors uniform.
I can appreciate that argument. I was against the Pippen signing since the beginning. In Dawson's partial defense, the long contracts were part of a larger strategy that I think was aimed at creating team stability and fending off salary inflation. We can see now the strategy was ill-conceived, and sacrificed too much flexibility, but I don't those bad signings were as much due to bad player evaluation as bad long-term strategy.

WinkFan is online now Old 03-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #95
WinkFan
Contributing Member
WinkFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineWinkFan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2002
Member: #3487
Have to go with Quitten. Royce is a douche, but I can't find enough care to vote for him.

rocketballin is offline Old 03-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #96
rocketballin
rocketballin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11705
Ok at least now I know I wasn't the only one who didn't like Kenny Thomas

TheresTheDagger is offline Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #97
TheresTheDagger
TheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2010
Member: #46202
Voted Quitten with White a close 2nd.

No hate for Stromile Swift?

Someday in the future, there will be a 10 minute Youtube clip, with an intro that includes that Damian Lillard 3. And god damn if that's not going to be your favorite part of the clip, as you feel the disappointment wash away celebrating a title when you've crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of sh-t smelling foulness, and come out clean on the other side.~ HI Mana

davidio840 is offline Old 03-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #98
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
Scottie Quitten easily

but why isn't Stromile Swift on here? He was horrible.

EDIT: TheresTheDagger beat me to the Swift comment.

Last edited by davidio840; 03-21-2013 at 04:52 PM.

CasaDolce is offline Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #99
CasaDolce
Rookie
CasaDolce is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCasaDolce is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineCasaDolce is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillycheese View Post
How come no one has the guts to say J Lin?
Haha... If you hate Jeremy, you probably also hate puppies, kittens and baby seals...

Sounds like Pippen is very hate-able.

vstexas09 is online now Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #100
vstexas09
Contributing Member
vstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvstexas09 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27651
i don't remember the days of scottie, i was too young. can anyone post vids or tell me why he gets all the hate?