ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Rio Grande Valley Vipers

D-league salaries this year
Tags:  2013, givony, league, nba development league, range, rio grande valley vipers, tax, twitter Tags
sinobball is offline Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
sinobball
sinobball is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsinobball is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44286

Sponsored Link
TheRealist137 is offline Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
with housing included, that's not all that bad.

Joemambo is offline Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Joemambo
Joemambo is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19701
Wow, these guys will have to play until they are 70

juicystream is offline Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
juicystream
Contributing Member
juicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjuicystream is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2001
Member: #2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist137 View Post
with housing included, that's not all that bad.
Depends on the housing. They'll eat, but the guys that went to college could do better in the corporate world easily.

smr6 is offline Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
smr6
smr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50992
It's hard out there for a pimp.

jogo is offline Old 03-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
jogo
jogo is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14661
That pay is pretty terrible. That likely encourages players to leave the NBDL and go overseas for more money. That hurts the chances of the NBDL growing into a more legitimate feeder league to the NBA.

Amel is offline Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
without another job that really would suck

I hope they increase them by 100%

I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Willís rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.

TheRealAllpro is offline Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
TheRealAllpro
TheRealAllpro is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51831
that should be damn good motivation to get called up...btw I saw that D-Leaguers also get 30 a day on the road for food.

dragonz is offline Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
dragonz
dragonz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogo View Post
That pay is pretty terrible. That likely encourages players to leave the NBDL and go overseas for more money. That hurts the chances of the NBDL growing into a more legitimate feeder league to the NBA.
EuroLeague is the legitimate feeder league for NBA, they are not trying to take that away from them.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #10
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
It's not actually that bad with housing and food. About the same as entry level government work for college graduates.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

nobie is offline Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #11
nobie
nobie is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54787
In europe alot of players in nbdl would get 10x the amount they are getting if not more.. srsly even with housing this is joke pay for professional basketball player.

bootsdaddy is offline Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #12
bootsdaddy
bootsdaddy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50298
If it was even something like $35K to $60K they would get better players and the league would be more successful you would think. I've been watching the games to see the Rockets' assignees and RGV is actually one of the top teams but they are really hard to watch.

NotChandlerParsons is offline Old 03-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #13
NotChandlerParsons
NotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52762
For comparison, WNBA salaries range from $37k to $107k

dharocks is offline Old 03-16-2013, 02:49 AM   #14
dharocks
Contributing Member
dharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredharocks is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12819
Seems reasonably consistent with what minor league baseball players make.

PureElement is offline Old 03-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #15
PureElement
PureElement is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39625
That is awful. I think in the american hockey league (minor league for the NHL), the players get a minimum of 50k.

Deckard is offline Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #16
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement View Post

That is awful. I think in the american hockey league (minor league for the NHL), the players get a minimum of 50k.
I agree that it's awful. In fact, I'm shocked that it's that low. Had anyone asked me what I thought the range was, I would have guessed around $50 grand, plus or minus a bit. How does that compare to the upper to mid-level European leagues, I wonder?

Rocket Booster is offline Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
Rocket Booster
Rocket Booster is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobie View Post
In europe alot of players in nbdl would get 10x the amount they are getting if not more.. srsly even with housing this is joke pay for professional basketball player.
The current average Euroleague salary is supposed to be about $1.3 million per year. However, very, very, very few D-League players are good enough to stick on an average Euroleague roster.

teebone21 is offline Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amel View Post
without another job that really would suck

I hope they increase them by 100%
26k a year is what families of 4 are raised on the players will be ok

DreamShook is offline Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
20 grand to play basketball for 7 months? shrug*

gnozahs is offline Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #20
gnozahs
gnozahs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52705
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebone21 View Post
26k a year is what families of 4 are raised on the players will be ok
Agreed. I think my mom makes around that much. And that's with a household of 7 people.