1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Texans sign ________???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I expect to see a load of these threads over the next few weeks, however please think before you start them. The Texans have more cap space than they had last year (about 13 mil vs. about 3 mil) but they also have several holes to consider filling. Most of those holes are of the backup variety, which means they really don't have a large chunk to spend on a top name or even decent starter caliber player. If the player is expected to get a large payday the Texans will not have an opportunity to sign them.

Realistically, I see the Texans signign a few of their own free agents back and then picking up some decent backups to fill in some weak areas. I will be more than surprised if they make any kind of huge signing giving the fact they just don't have the funds to spend.

1 person likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Maybe we can get Schaub to restructure like AJ did a few years back and how Brady a 3x Super Bowl Champion did just a week ago so we can splurge on a top name.

Not advocating these "should we sign" threads by any means, I just want us to get better at the right spots to get max talent, especially if we're not replacing our borderline 2nd tier quarterback.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why not see if Dunta will come back and play safety for a low fee? He can hit like Pollard and has to be faster than him too

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

A) because he has been decent enough at a fairly need position so someone will pay him way more than he is worth and more than the Texans should offer.

B) didn't he leave under bad terms (vocal about being cut)

I'm not against the should we sign threads either, but it needs to be reasonable. I'm fairly surprised we didn't get a Robinson or even a Michael Turner thread this morning.

5. msn

msn Member

what about threads with just a guy's name and a question mark? those are so epic.

Lawrence Taylor?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dwayne Bowe

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Re-sign GQ.

Sign Richard Seymour.

8. 713

713 Member

Danny Amendola

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

One name Charles Woodson.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

MIKE WALLACE

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Says: Pay Me Rick

[​IMG]

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

yeah....**** that guy. Would rather our money get spent elsewhere.

13. 713

713 Member

Randy Moss

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Would be interesting...provides instant help...would be fun with both AJ and Randy Moss...that would instantly make our WR corp much better than last year...Then solely focus on the draft to stock up on Defense...I'd still be on board for asking Smith to restructure or cut him... resigning Quinn, Draft a NT

But i do think Moss may return back to NE...scary to think how Moss will fit with Gronk, Hernandez and Welker...

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Something tells me you're greatly overrating Moss. Instant help? Much better?

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

36 year old 6-4 Randy Moss >>>>>>>> Kevin Walter, K. Martin, Lestar Jean, Devier Posey...

So yes...Moss instantly makes our WR corp better...

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why do you think Moss is so good or an instant upgrade? Moss is not, at this point, really an upgrade over Walter. And hey, at least Walter will block for you!

3 teams in 2010, sat out 2011, had trouble finding work before the 49ers took a chance on him last year and he'll probably have trouble finding work again this year.

Player A
    Regular Season: 16 GP, 41 rec, 68 targets, 518 yards, 2 TD, 27 first down
    Postseason: 2 GP, 6 rec, 7 targets, 41 yards, 0 TD, 2 first down

Player B
    Regular Season: 16 GP, 28 rec, 50 targets, 434 yards, 3, TD, 22 first down
    Postseason: 3 GP, 7 rec, 13 targets, 112 yards, 0 TD, 6 first down

Any guesses?

#17 J.R., Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  18. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

I think you proved his point lol, I would take player B (moss) over player A. Moss was like the 4th WR there here he would be the #2 and be the 3rd option on passing plays maybe 4th at worst. Your argument is a bad one, he got the same amount of yards on 13 less catches and he was much better in the playoffs. Moss would be an upgrade, not the final piece we need but he.would spread the field and can still be a dynamic player. He is just part of the puzzle that rick needs to figure out.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

B was Moss, A was Walter.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. 36 year old Randy Moss is not an upgrade to Walter. Not an upgrade, no longer a "dynamic" player.

20. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

I said B was moss, his stats are better than Walter's #'s