ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
pgabriel is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
pgabriel
Contributing Member
pgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9145
Early in the season when the rest of you were catching up on up on how good this guy is, in one thread I wrote something to the effect of one of the best things about Harden is he is no nonsense.

In the eighties you never questioned whether guys like magic, bird, jordan, or even hakeem were concerned about winning. some people thought jordan and hakeem even didn't understand they had to pass the ball for the team's sake, but no one ever really said these guys were selfish and concerned about stats, the point was more that they didn't understand how to win.

nowadays the only superstar you really whom really is never questioned about their motivation is tim duncan. now some of that (as in the case of lebron) maybe strictly hating. i think lebron has only ever been concerned about winning minus the stupid lack of matruity antics like the pre game cleveland crap.

but no one will ever say that about james harden and this maybe the best of the best things about him. it really came to fruition in the golden state game. the rockets have a historic offensive performance and james harden had one of his tamer games of the seasons offensively. he didn't even score twenty points. he just played in the flow of the game. at one point lin was hot at one point parsons was hot and harden didn't let his ego get in the way of these guys beasting on golden state.

it is said that lebron is a mix of magic and jordan, but really a better mix of magic and jordan is harden. actual basketball skills harden can rack up assist but he can do what lebron still can't do, that is face you up and either take you off the dribble or knock down a reliable jumpshot. and he is jordan and magic mentally, whatever the teams needs on a particularly night, harden will get for you. because he is concerned about one thing, winning.

to the nickname thread: charlie sheen

Mario Elie commenting on Hakeem telling him that David Robinson was holding his MVP trophy before Hakeem destroyed him in 95' WCF.

"i put four in a two call that a kobe bryant" paul wall

Sponsored Link
conquistador#11 is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
I think that's what we all liked about him from the get go when he was with the thunders. Even when he argues with the refs, it's not in a condescending fashion like the south beach biotches or kobe.

tallanvor is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
tallanvor
Contributing Member
tallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25649
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgabriel View Post
Early in the season when the rest of you were catching up on up on how good this guy is, in one thread I wrote something to the effect of one of the best things about Harden is he is no nonsense.
Stopped reading after this. Go jack off somewhere else.

ROXTXIA is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Says Mr. Civil.

Do you just stay angry at the world? Damn.

Karolik is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Karolik
Karolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineKarolik is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44968
He's definitely alot better now. Early on however, he was selfish, looking for his own shots and not trusting his teammates. Chandler Parsons said so himself.

blathersby is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
blathersby
Contributing Member
blathersby is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodblathersby is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22065
Quote:
In the eighties you never questioned whether guys like magic, bird, jordan, or even hakeem were concerned about winning. some people thought jordan and hakeem even didn't understand they had to pass the ball for the team's sake, but no one ever really said these guys were selfish and concerned about stats
Actually, no. I heard this all the time. Jordan was a ballhog; that was the argument. I never liked him as a kid. I respect him now, but I still don't like him.

Classic is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Classic
Classic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneClassic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29455
Big fan of this guy's game

With a good showing in Sacramento tomorrow, he's looking at a player of the week award

Studly.

JeffB is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
JeffB
Contributing Member
JeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolik View Post
He's definitely alot better now. Early on however, he was selfish, looking for his own shots and not trusting his teammates. Chandler Parsons said so himself.
Don't know if that was selfishness or trying to learn his role. It takes time to learn how to use the green light, how to balance the fact the team needs you to score with the fact the team needs to get rolling, something Harden admits to. That doesn't make you selfish. Parsons called it "pressing" and forcing the action, not selfishness. Kobe is a selfish chucker.

pgabriel is offline Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
pgabriel
Contributing Member
pgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepgabriel is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by blathersby View Post
Actually, no. I heard this all the time. Jordan was a ballhog; that was the argument. I never liked him as a kid. I respect him now, but I still don't like him.
They also said hakeem was a ballhog, but hakeem or jordan weren't playing next to shaq. in the case of kobe, he was obviously not concerned about winning with his stupid feuds with the big man.

Mario Elie commenting on Hakeem telling him that David Robinson was holding his MVP trophy before Hakeem destroyed him in 95' WCF.

pgabriel is offline Old 02-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
pgabriel
Contributing Member
Quote:
i'll say this, scoring wise i never thought he would be this good

burlesk is offline Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
burlesk
Contributing Member
burlesk is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXTXIA View Post
Says Mr. Civil.

What of it, sport?

zdrav is offline Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
zdrav
zdrav is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finezdrav is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51828
Harden just loves basketball. It's his life.

Frankly, I hope he can find other passions in life so that he doesn't become despondent after he retires. I don't want him to pull an Iverson and journey through Europe just to keep playing competitive ball.

crash5179 is offline Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:

In the eighties you never questioned whether guys like magic, bird, jordan, or even hakeem were concerned about winning. some people thought jordan and hakeem even didn't understand they had to pass the ball for the team's sake, but no one ever really said these guys were selfish and concerned about stats, the point was more that they didn't understand how to win.
I gotta call you out on that one. A ton of people including other NBA players thought Jordan was increadibly selfish. Players in Jordan's 1st all star game (primarily Isiah Thomas) froze him out of the game and would not pass him the ball because they were trying to teach him a lesson. A lot of people think those actions by Thomas against Jordan are the reason Thomas was not on the 1st Dream Team.

sew is offline Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
sew
sew is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsew is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40017
I'll admit I didn't think he would be this good.

I mean, I knew he was good, but not THIS good.

tallanvor is offline Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #15
tallanvor
Contributing Member
tallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXTXIA View Post
Says Mr. Civil.

I am not angry at anyone. What gave you that impression?

That smug opening sentence certainly turned me off to the rest of the post.

While the rest of us inferior stooges were 'catching up' pgabriel was a step above and beyond..............

pgabriel is offline Old 02-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
pgabriel
Contributing Member
Quote:
I am not angry at anyone. What gave you that impression?

That smug opening sentence certainly turned me off to the rest of the post.

While the rest of us inferior stooges were 'catching up' pgabriel was a step above and beyond..............

its just a fan web site, relax

pgabriel is offline Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
pgabriel
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash5179 View Post
I gotta call you out on that one. A ton of people including other NBA players thought Jordan was increadibly selfish. .
i think a lot of veterans maybe saw the writing on the wall that jordan couldn't be stopped and probably didn't like the fact that a rookie came in and was dominant. i remember the 87 all star game when isiah threw a nice alley oop off the backboard on a fast break to jordan, so i think he got over it.

the dream team was after thomas acted like a punk when the bulls were finally able to get over the pistons hump in 91

Last edited by pgabriel; 02-09-2013 at 01:36 PM.

JMAD21 is offline Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
JMAD21
JMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44870
I agree with everything you said about Harden. He does have a good mixture of Magic and MJ. But I think people throw those names around to easily. I would say he is more a mixture of Dwade (with a jump shot) and CP3.

When it comes to Lebron, you really cant limit is comparisons to just "Magic and MJ". Its more like Magic, Carl Malone, Pippin, and MJ. You could probably throw some more names in there. Passes like Magic. Has size, strength, and rebounding ability of Mailman. He plays on-ball D like Pippin and his jumper is about like Pippin. He plays off-ball D and has explosiveness comparable to MJ.

Having said all that, I still dont think Lebron will ever pass up MJ. Im a HUGE Lebron fan, but I dont think anyone has ever had the mindset to do what MJ did, the way MJ did.

GunsUP!!!

Follow me on twitter- @joshreed21

BraveFox is offline Old 02-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52628
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAD21 View Post
Having said all that, I still dont think Lebron will ever pass up MJ. Im a HUGE Lebron fan, but I dont think anyone has ever had the mindset to do what MJ did, the way MJ did.
Wilt Chamberlain?

tonguyen is offline Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
tonguyen
Rookie
tonguyen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2010
Member: #46276
Ok Lebron is 28 now and Harden is only 23 and he is already getting close to LBJ except defense but because he is still raw talent and Lebron is taller. Let's do the math imagine Harden 6 years from now.