ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Which players in the NBA have the most aesthetically pleasing game?
Tags:  basketball, fun, houston rockets, james harden, league, lebron, lebron james, nba, stephen curry, stupid, ugly Tags
charles_zed is offline Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
charles_zed
charles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcharles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51755
Harden has a smart, efficient style of play. That is when he's not going into chuck mode. But his game isn't explosive or filled with acrobatic displays, his jumpers are pretty ugly and he's got one move to the basket, the euro-step.

Watching other stars around the league, there are some enjoyable or electric play-styles. For me I enjoy the following.

Irving
- Even though he carries the ball and travels a lot is quite fun to watch with his cross-overs, spins and the way he holds the ball with one hand driving to the basket and can double-clutch, or tear drop it off of the glass.

Stephen Curry - When he's on fire has a silky stroke and is difficult to cover running around screens.

Lebron - With his power game, driving to the basket he'll absorb contact and finish at the rim effortlessly. His ethereal passing game. Just a freak of nature, a guard trapped in a power forward's body.

Westbrook - Transcendent athleticism. He's so fast running up the court and so explosive around the rim, just hammers it down with authority. Then he'll make a series of selfish plays or stupid mistakes that are hilarious to watch.

Sponsored Link
RedDynasty is online now Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
RedDynasty
RedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50154
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, HANDS DOWN.

crash5179 is offline Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemcrash5179 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
I'm not sure about the present but here is one from the past:

Morlock O is offline Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
Morlock O
Morlock O is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53133
Rubio

Jamers is offline Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Jamers
Jamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJamers is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49600
eremy Lin

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Steve Nash imo.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

atomicanderz is offline Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
atomicanderz
atomicanderz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodatomicanderz is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44905
LBJ & Melo.

Steph Curry too...

"This may sound morbid and mean, but I'll choke a baby if we get another pick 14! I swear it!" - Dubwerth

rwienert is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
rwienert
Contributing Member
rwienert is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6108
Quote:
Harden has a smart, efficient style of play. That is when he's not going into chuck mode. But his game isn't explosive or filled with acrobatic displays, his jumpers are pretty ugly and he's got one move to the basket, the euro-step.
I think you're selling Harden a little short. His between the legs move on the fast break happened only a few days ago, and he has his fare share of impressive finishes at the basket. He's not the machine you make him out to be.

My 2 cents:

Hakeem had an incredible array of moves...his spin around Ewing in the finals probably tops the chart for me in terms of "aesthetics", but I'm a tad biased.

Lebron's combination of explosiveness and court vision make for some beatiful plays.

Steve Nash's ability to see something no one else did and/or try something no one else would try was always fun to watch.

Blake Griffin does ridiculously athletic things.

Jamal Crawford isn't always efficient, but he has a smoothness to his game that makes every move seem effortless.

I could watch Ray Allen shoot jump shots all day long

munco is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
munco
munco is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10850
No Durant? The way he scores is incredible to watch.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691

just a word is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52812
Depends on one's definition of aesthetics, if it includes more passing or more hops or what. (ie. looking pretty in any context is probably won by Parsons)

And if you mean current players, in which case: Lebron.

If you're talking all time... Hakeem or Earl 'the Pearl', because of their body-movements/control and overall grace.

ShiniKashi is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
ShiniKashi
ShiniKashi is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodShiniKashi is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30190
Durant's jumper.

Ridiculer-in-training of the Official Clutchfans Statistical Genius.

saleem is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2094
Dream for sure, KG too at his peak.

CertifiedTroll is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
CertifiedTroll
CertifiedTroll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCertifiedTroll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50246
Ben Wallace

lean is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
lean
lean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finelean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47810
Jamal Crawford for sure. Like someone else said, he's not super efficient and you wouldn't want him as your starting PG but I just loving watching that guy go to work on someone.

fangtiago is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
fangtiago
fangtiago is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52785
Chris Paul--He is like a general on the court. The pace of game seems to be controlled by him. He moves like a snake, steady but fast. He attacks like a tiger, bites on your weakest spot.

LeBron James - A born warrior. He is like a lion, roared with power where enemy has no place to hide. Fearless play scorches enemy bases from anywhere!

Kevin Durant - A calm and peaceful heart is his biggest strength. But when he explodes, the opponents don't even know where the attack comes from, then PEW, PEW, PEW, they are all down.

aesthetics80 is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
aesthetics80
aesthetics80 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodaesthetics80 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52402
I personally like D-Rose. His lateral movement with the ball as well as explosiveness is powerful yet buttery smooth.

tehG l i d e is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #18
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock O View Post
Rubio
broke jumpshot and flops like crazy on D.

Spacemoth is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
Kyrie Irving gets my vote.

apollo33 is offline Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Brandon roy

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH