ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
DaneB is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
DaneB
DaneB is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #782
He is now averaging over 10 points per game more this year than lady. I would think that he would be getting heavy consideration because that appears to be the greatest difference in the NBA this year and people were really doubting that he could be the man I'm Houston. If not, I would think that Omer Asik would be up there. How do you go from getting hardly any playing time to averaGing a double double and the 4th leading rebounder without heavy consideration?! I would think one of them would win it over Kemba Walker!

Sponsored Link
DaneB is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
DaneB
Wow! Last time I am an OP using my cell phone! Ha ha. Lady = last year!

TriCkz is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
TriCkz
TriCkz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2006
Member: #17997
MVP??? Lol

don grahamleone is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
don grahamleone
Contributing Member
don grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3034
Kemba is playing 9 more minutes per game than last year. Harden is only playing 7 more. Kemba's shooting % is up, Harden's is down. Kemba is rebounding less, James more. Assists and steals are both up roughly the same. Harden's turnovers are not looking great, but he is the primary ball handler.

I don't know how voters weigh these numbers, but Harden is certainly in the limelight a bit more than a losing Bobcat team. After inspecting the numbers myself, I give the nod to Harden, but I'm a Rockets fan and Kemba should definitely be considered.

don grahamleone is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
don grahamleone
Contributing Member
don grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3034
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCkz View Post
MVP??? Lol
Don't laugh about that. This team is on Harden's shoulders. He will compete for MVP along with King James and KD.

DaneB is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
DaneB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCkz View Post
MVP??? Lol
Our team has a long ways to go before Harden gets into serious contention for MVP. I think that is a lot more likely when Houston is in the same realm as the Spurs, Thunder, or Heat. I would think that in the meantime he should be considered Most Improved Player (MIP)

Viola is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Viola
Viola is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53148
MIP: HOUSTON ROCK iT```S!

vcchlw is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
vcchlw
Contributing Member
vcchlw is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodvcchlw is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5198
He will be MVP if we can somehow end up being the 4th seed in the West.

DreamShook is online now Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #9
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128

mvpcrossxover is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #10
mvpcrossxover
mvpcrossxover is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemvpcrossxover is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemvpcrossxover is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33363
subject been brought up here more than couple times

and no to the award. it's cursed
also the mvp award is cursed. mvp winners don't usually win the chip the same year

ClutchFans' Achievement

Naija Texan is offline Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #11
Naija Texan
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38304
No, because the MVP usually isn't a true 'season' reward and MIP would be out of the question since he won 6th man last season and thus his talent was never in question for it warrant a legit Improvement.

JJ23 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
JJ23
Rookie
JJ23 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52752
Missing In Portland stripclub?

Luckkky is offline Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
Luckkky
Luckkky is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodLuckkky is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36655
w....t.....f......

crazy? I was once crazy, they locked me in a room, room full of rats, eww I hate rats.. they drive me crazy! crazy? I was once crazy, they locked me in a room, room full of rats, eww I hate rats.. they drive me crazy! crazy? I was once crazy, they locked me in a room, room full of rats, eww I hate rats.. they drive me crazy! crazy? I was once crazy, they locked me in a room, room full of rats, eww I hate rats.. they drive me crazy!

trock is offline Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
trock
trock is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53167
Most Emancipated Player

lookabove is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
lookabove
Contributing Member
lookabove is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51880
In last 30 years 23 of 30 MVP winners where on #1 seeded teams. MVP awards have huge bias toward team records. Unless you think Houston will be #2 seed, I think Durant, LBJ, Melo, Chris Paul and even Tim Duncan would get more votes because they are alpha male on the best teams.

LCAhmed is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #16
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
IDK about MIP. If we wanna go there, I would pick Asik over Harden. Harden has proven he is an effective player where Asik was just a backup Center. I think Harden will be in the MVP race, but will end up being short to those mentioned above. I see an ALL NBA 3rd team and perhaps ALL NBA 2nd team for him though.

Grigori is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #17
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Well, he didn't really improve as a player, he just chucked that Westbrook chucker is all, so no, I don't think he'll win the MIP. As far as MVP goes, nah, by the time we eliminate OKC in the playoffs this year, it'll be too late for the MVP vote.

RedNation is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
RedNation
Contributing Member
RedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRedNation is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46407
No to the MIP. Remember brooks?

SamFisher is offline Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
SamFisher
Contributing Member
SamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11807
MIP is for scrubs who develop into viable players, whether by improvement or by chucking like Aaron Brooks. Harden was an Olympian beforehand and given a max extension, so no.