ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White could land in Europe
Tags:  basketball, europe, houston rockets, nba, royce white Tags
kastuul is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
kastuul
kastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51938
Miguel Angel Paniagua: Royce White's representatives will start exploring options in Europe next week. His contract would have to include a "no fly" clause.

so, he is leaving.

Sponsored Link
kastuul is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
kastuul
kastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkastuul is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51938
http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...in-europe.html

QazQay is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
QazQay
QazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodQazQay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50284
I wonder if he'll boat over there

TechieOne is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
TechieOne
TechieOne is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5011
Sounds great to me. Hopefully he grows up over there.

I'm pretty sure we don't have to pay him if he goes to Europe.

HTown_TMac is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
HTown_TMac
HTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #18002
How, if hes under contract?

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
If true, this is ridiculous.

He'd rather play in Europe than in the NBA D-League?

mike_lu is offline Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #7
mike_lu
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16422
Traded for Patrick Beverley?

Play in Taiwan like Shawn Kemp did. Travel by subway and express trains.

Akim523 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
Akim523
Akim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAkim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2008
Member: #31714
What? How the f is he gonna get there? Swim?

J Sizzle is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #9
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
I really just couldn't care less about Royce White anymore. He's completely ruined any sense of support I could have had for him.

ERC is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #10
ERC
ERC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52267
As long as we don't have to continue paying him and his salary doesn't count against our cap space, that sounds like a great news.

Part of me is saddened at how things turn out with White. I was so rooting for him when he was drafted. The sad thing is, not only is he ruining his career, he's also doing a disservice for those suffering from mental illness that he's supposedly advocating for.

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #11
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
If true, this is ridiculous.

He'd rather play in Europe than in the NBA D-League?
He obviously feels that he is treated as a human there.

dragonz is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #12
dragonz
dragonz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25443
I hope he is a good swimmer

gate470 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
gate470
Rookie
gate470 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53338
This makes nooooo sense. I was really hoping to see him develop this year.

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #14
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by gate470 View Post
This makes nooooo sense. I was really hoping to see him develop this year.
there will be other talents..
of that I am pretty sure.... no need to get emotionally invested in someone who does not want to play in the league

jaxwithanx is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #15
jaxwithanx
jaxwithanx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjaxwithanx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42678
I work in mental health. Truly believe in my work....and am already checked out on what he is saying. I don't know him, but it's starting to sound more like an interesting case of Munchhausen Syndrome...although it would be the first time I've really seen a mental illness used to this extent.

meh is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
If the Rockets keep his rights, then this is the best solution possible. He gets to sort out his problems elsewhere, and the Rockets treat him like a euro-stash.

A_3PO is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #17
A_3PO
A_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
This is great news for the Rockets! The quicker they dispose of this mistake, the better.

I predict Royce will flame and burn in Europe. Whatever bush league he joins will be much less sensitive and patient with his nuttiness. If he ever plays in an actual game, opposing crowds will taunt him mercilessly. I wonder how his anxiety will react that.

If he actually goes over there, he'll be back in the U.S. soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

ERC is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #18
ERC
ERC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akim523 View Post
What? How the f is he gonna get there? Swim?
LOL! That's funny.

I'm pretty sure the #Protocol prohibits him from swimming...

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #19
daywalker02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC View Post
LOL! That's funny.

I'm pretty sure the #Protocol prohibits him from swimming...
get him on a LIFEBOAT with a Bengal Tiger!

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 01-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #20
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
#BeWell