ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Greg Smith ties his shoes in the paint, gets called for three seconds
Tags:  2013, ball don't lie, basketball, chandler parsons, clutchfans, greg smith, hornets, houston rockets, kevin mchale, lol, nba, new orleans, new orleans hornets, offensive, shoes, yahoo, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
If you're wondering how the Rockets can cut down on turnovers, maybe take a look at this one. In the middle of an offensive set in the Rockets game against the New Orleans Hornets on 1/2/2013, Greg Smith decides to tie his shoes...

... while standing in the paint.

Chandler Parsons said after the game that this was "one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a basketball game."

The reaction from the coaching staff says it all.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
muas2010 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
muas2010
muas2010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52765
If it was Lin....benched for the rest of the game! That and Wade tossing Bibby's shoe away in last year's Knicks and Heats game.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
What's with Rockets centers and shoe laces tonight? Guess this is why Pat got crunch time minutes tonight. A proven elite level shoe tier.

This reminds me of Yao trying to steal the basketball from Billups at half court, drawing a foul while in penalty. Dikembe jumped up in disbelief and losing his warmup pants in the process.

OremLK is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Hahaha, coaching staff looks like this:

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
http://www.locklaces.com/

Belated stocking stuffers for our bigs.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

OremLK is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurprescott2 View Post
http://www.locklaces.com/

Belated stocking stuffers for our bigs.
That plastic thing looks like it would be whipping around while you run, I wouldn't want that slapping my ankle while I was trying to play.

BeeBeard is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
That McHaleface is so great.

dragonz is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
dragonz
dragonz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25443
ohhhhh, this will be on Shaqin a Fool for sure lol

rocketlauch is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #9
rocketlauch
rocketlauch is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52459
That's the same reaction McHale has as when Kelvin rips a silent fart on the bench

OldYelllowDog is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
OldYelllowDog
Contributing Member
OldYelllowDog is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50398
He must have thought he was at practice. And then it took Asik 2 possessions to get his one shoelace tied while his teammates ran up and back the court. Ugly win.

tokenbk is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
tokenbk
tokenbk is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47846
Since we won, that's hilarious.

gnozahs is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #12
gnozahs
gnozahs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52705
smh. lol

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenbk View Post
Since we won, that's hilarious.
Hahaha so true

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #14
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
That plastic thing looks like it would be whipping around while you run, I wouldn't want that slapping my ankle while I was trying to play.
You just tuck that end under the laces down the middle. Simple.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

rimrocker is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
rimrocker
Contributing Member
rimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1038
Double bows anyone? It works for my kids.

Hippieloser is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
Hippieloser
Contributing Member
Hippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #11063
Watching that live was surreal. Methinks a lesson was learned.

Dei is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Lesson learned, I hope. Better now than when it really matters.

CantGoLeft is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #18
CantGoLeft
CantGoLeft is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53372
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Double bows anyone? It works for my kids.
Most of the players on this team are probably younger that your kids. Maybe you can help the team tie their shoes.

Hail to the V is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #19
Hail to the V
Hail to the V is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52298
Just tie 'em faster next time, Greg.

trock is offline Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
trock
trock is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53167
This actually made me like Smith more for some reason.

... since we won the game.