ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
kaitanuva is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33580
I know we are all pissed from the Spurs game, but keep in mind:

-This is our developmental year
-We just kept up with arguably the best team in the NBA atm
-2-3 years down the Spurs won't be relevant anymore (Duncan and Ginobili retires, maybe Pop wil too)
-2-3 years down we will be very, very relevant. Our bench blows, our PFs are laughable, our coach is a dumbass - we're far from a complete team. Yet we're still the 6th seed in a very strong Western Conference

Sponsored Link
Yao4REAL is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Yao4REAL
Yao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24623
Yea even though we lost, i feel good about this team. Who would have thunk they're able to compete with the Spurs AT SAN ANTONIO and were right there toe to toe with them. You can clearly see that if we have a couple more pieces, we would took over the game. Guys like Adrich and Osik are not good offensively...horrible at catching and finishing at the rim. I think that's a huge problem and i am not sure what the Rockets is going to do in the off season. Of course, you can't replace Osik because he is the foundation of the defense, but his offensive skills in term of catching the ball and finishing it off quickly is very lacking.

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝@ HEAT, LAKERS 2013-2014

OremLK is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitanuva View Post

-2-3 years down the Spurs won't be relevant anymore (Duncan and Ginobili retires, maybe Pop wil too)
-2-3 years down we will be very, very relevant. Our bench blows, our PFs are laughable, our coach is a dumbass - we're far from a complete team. Yet we're still the 6th seed in a very strong Western Conference
Wouldn't count on the Spurs not being relevant. Great depth, great front office, and Parker is only 30. If I were them I'd trade Parker as soon as Duncan retires and go for a fast rebuild like the Rockets did. They should be able to accomplish it.

OremLK is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao4REAL View Post
Yea even though we lost, i feel good about this team. Who would have thunk they're able to compete with the Spurs AT SAN ANTONIO and were right there toe to toe with them. You can clearly see that if we have a couple more pieces, we would took over the game. Guys like Adrich and Osik are not good offensively...horrible at catching and finishing at the rim. I think that's a huge problem and i am not sure what the Rockets is going to do in the off season. Of course, you can't replace Osik because he is the foundation of the defense, but his offensive skills in term of catching the ball and finishing it off quickly is very lacking.
You upgrade PF with an offensive-minded player so we can stop having these stinker performances at the 4 constantly.

rocketsmetalspd is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
rocketsmetalspd
rocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5424
Even Homer Spurs Sean Elliot was impressed with the Rockets effort tonight.

kaitanuva is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Wouldn't count on the Spurs not being relevant. Great depth, great front office, and Parker is only 30. If I were them I'd trade Parker as soon as Duncan retires and go for a fast rebuild like the Rockets did. They should be able to accomplish it.
What I mean by relevant is being a title contender. Without HoFer Duncan and possibly Ginobili, there is no way they would still be a contender.

Scarface281 is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Scarface281
Scarface281 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineScarface281 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineScarface281 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39573
Quote:
What I mean by relevant is being a title contender. Without HoFer Duncan and possibly Ginobili, there is no way they would still be a contender.
It really depends on who is coming out. They will just tank that year like they did for Duncan, once he retires. Their franchise has always been good and has always had some type of franchise player.

I like to smoke Marijuana, It gives me a deep meditation, I love to draw marijuana, It give me a deep meditation, It keep the natty dreadlocks jumping, It keep the natty dreadlocks rocking, It keep the natty dreadlocks swinging, The white man love to smoke marijuana, The black man love to cultivate it

I love to smoke marijuana, It give me a deep meditation. Marijuana!! I love it with my heart and soul, So I can't stop smoking.

meh is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #8
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
I've thought all along that we likely lose against the Spurs, because they are basically us except with more talent. That is, they play the same style and same efficient manner, but do so with better players. OKC is the same way. They can play the Rockets game and beat us at our own game. These are by far the two worst matchups for the Rockets style wise.

Once the Rockets go back to playing teams that can't punish us from 3pt land and transition, we're going to have the upper hand again in matchups.

sergio is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
sergio
sergio is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43569
I just hope we beat OKC tomorrow. Lets worry about the Spurs in the playoffs.

Sweet Lou 4 2 is online now Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Sweet Lou 4 2
Contributing Member
Sweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28838
Spurs exposed our weaknesses

1. Youth & Inexperience
2. Lack of interior post presence
3. Weak defense

Nothing you can do about 1.
And 2. - just have to find that player who can prevent SA from throwing 4 guys at lin & harden. They were trapping at times, playing physical one on one. Giving the drive then brining charge takers in. giving the drive than boxing players in. they just threw all sorts of stuff at us and basically unnerved harden a good deal and forced both lin and harden to make poor passes at times. with a stronger interior post player, they wouldn't be able to leave that guy one-on-one and thus it would keep the perimeter a bit more open. Spurs pulled the rug out from underneath the Rockets there - in the 4th, and limited them to 10-23 shooting and had 7 steals. Incredible attacking defense.

3. the weak defense was a joke. McHale really needs to find a solution to this. what's the point of shooting 52% when you let the other team shoot 57%? It was too easy for the Spurs to score in the half-court. Got to put a lot more pressure on their perimeter players....execpt they have Tim Duncan.

I think the Spurs are the perfect model for us to emulate. THey have two amazing penetrating perimeter players in Parker/Genobli, and of course Tim Duncan. Of course we can't find a TD, but we can get someone who will make it harder to let the defense basically run a 3-2 zone.

"If I had to pick a center...I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Ewing…Wilt. It leaves out a lot of people...It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals...For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." —Michael Jordan

RoxBeliever is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
RoxBeliever
RoxBeliever is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRoxBeliever is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao4REAL View Post
We really need to pair Asik up with a great PF, one who has the outside shot and the post move.

Wait, why didn't we try DMo at the 4 tonight?

HadToDoItCF is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
HadToDoItCF
HadToDoItCF is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHadToDoItCF is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50331
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxBeliever View Post
We really need to pair Asik up with a great PF, one who has the outside shot and the post move.

How many 4s in the league have legitimate post moves AND an outside shot? Is your opinion that DMo possesses these qualities?

Coaching your kid's 7th grade AAU team makes you a dime a dozen, not John Wooden.

kuku is offline Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51720
Quote:

Spurs will alway be relevant for as long as Popovich is their HC. They play in a "system." Every play has a specific assignment and if all players perform accordingly, they will win.

I mean why McHale keeps doing the same thing and expect a different result? Beat the system!

McHale needs to watch more films from last season WC Game 3-6 to see how Thunder trapped Parker. If we trap Parker effectively before the screens, Spurs system will become less potent. Parker is the head of the chicken; chop it off next time!

kaitanuva is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #14
kaitanuva
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuku View Post
Spurs will alway be relevant for as long as Popovich is their HC. They play in a "system." Every play has a specific assignment and if all players perform accordingly, they will win.

I mean why McHale keeps doing the same thing and expect a different result? Beat the system!

McHale needs to watch more films from last season WC Game 3-6 to see how Thunder trapped Parker. If we trap Parker effectively before the screens, Spurs system will become less potent. Parker is the head of the chicken; chop it off next time!
System or not, when you lose a player that is your defensive anchor as well as one of the best post players of all time, as well as one of the best 6th man players ever, you're not going to continue winning at nearly the same rate as when you still have them.

ribbit is offline Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #15
ribbit
ribbit is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48100
I would be disappointed if we lose to ATL. I would be impressed if we win against OKC. But I still keep in mind that this season, Rockets are supposed to be a lottery team.

jocar is offline Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #16
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Why pissed? More like proud. It felt a lot like a playoffs game (if I recall correctly)

apollo33 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #17
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadToDoItCF View Post
How many 4s in the league have legitimate post moves AND an outside shot? Is your opinion that DMo possesses these qualities?
lamarcus Aldy

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

art is offline Old 12-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #18
art
art is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53386
bright side...
1-2 yrs ahead of schedule
under the cap and can still spend on max player
struck gold with harden and have him for next 5 yrs in his prime
and the other players are not too shabby

torocan is offline Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #19
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
I would be disappointed if we lose to ATL. I would be impressed if we win against OKC. But I still keep in mind that this season, Rockets are supposed to be a lottery team.
It's amazing how quickly expectations shift.

From people thinking this is a 35 win team, to play off bubble team, and now folks are hypercritical because we lost a closely contested game with the Spurs.

Some of the analysts are now putting us as a 49 win team. Think about that... 13 new players, average age 24, 1.9 years average experience, chock full of rookies, sophomores, and minimal NBA experienced players... and we're suddenly a 45-50 win team?

That. Is. Mind boggling.

Hard to take anything but good out of this season so far... and the team is STILL gelling and the young players are STILL improving.

This team will be a first round nightmare if we make the play offs...

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/22/yo...games-so-what/

lakersuck is offline Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #20
lakersuck
lakersuck is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxBeliever View Post

Cause Duncan would've made Onatas his little B*tch.