1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Spurs piss anyone else off?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LelWestbrick, Dec 28, 2012.

1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

How do you stay that good for that long. Duncan and Manu are like two years from retirement at most and even Parker is on the wrong side of 30. How has there not been a serious drop off with the aging of their stars?

2. breakmon

breakmon Member

The thing that pisses me off is that their colors and logo are so boring. They need an update.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Why would that piss anyone off? I give nothing but admiration and respect to that team.

1 person likes this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Okay Charles Barkley.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Well...some Israeli rappers like them some Pop

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kXgEoQviIBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. AvgJoe

Think about it. It is always admirable to see old guns running at it. It's not like those guys didn't win championship already. I wish half of the rockets on this roster can still be around the league at that age.

7. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

do you eat white bread with a nice glass of warm water for breakfast?

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm with the OP. Friggin' miss the playoffs already. You know once they do it SHOULD stay that way for at least 3 years considering they are in "win-now" mode amiright? :eek:

Their delayed retirement is part of the reason why the Western Conference is so messed up right now.They've made the playoffs for 20 years and won like 5 championships. Hurry up and die so someone else can have a turn. There are like 15 teams in the west fighting for 8 playoff spots right now. I have a feeling that once Tim and Manu retire they will somehow find a way to stay relevant and make the playoffs.

/political rant

#8 BEAT LA, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Amazing what a having a hall of fame coach / system and front office can do for your franchise.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

only thing worse than the sperms is the sperms announcers :S

11. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

12. AvgJoe

Biased and hateful thinking will not do you any good. Rather, we should consider how to beat them considering their age. Just keep running and attacking at them and wear them out. Be patient early, but rally during 2nd half of the game to try to take over.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

He I keep hearing " He was a mexican"....

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Is that you David?:confused:

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I think they're trying to say "he plays a nasty game" or something along those lines?

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I just know Duncan (Yao) and Manu (McGrady) are going to retire soon, but because their owner doesn't only see short-term (win-now) they will stay relevant and probably not miss the playoffs.

17. skyline07

skyline07 Member

sounds wrong but I am really getting tired of the spurs. Could be a bit a jealousy how they are continuously do good even with injuries, but they need to get old and die off already. Plus I hate how Spurs fans are always louder then Houston fans during Rockets vs Spurs games at Houston. Spurs fans are also always overweight endomorphic men....

18. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Popovich was a Mexican? Explains a lot.

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Me too. I like Tony Parker (because he's French?). And Timmy D is a class act.

#19 Alex L., Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  20. torocan

torocan Member

This. They're great at what they do, well run, low drama, and put out a great product on the floor year after year after year. Toss in that their current style of basketball is beautiful to watch with their fantastic ball movement.

I just wish they weren't in the same division as the Rockets. Imagine if we had Chicago's division... /drool