ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: The red-hot start for the Houston Rockets

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Heads Up: CSN Houston giving away free tickets to January 2nd Rockets game
Tags:  basketball, hornets, houston, houston rockets, nba, new orleans, new orleans hornets, rockets tickets, tickets Tags
Clutch is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
I got a heads up on this earlier and can post it now.

Comcast SportsNet Houston is giving away free Rockets tickets to the January 2nd game against the New Orleans Hornets as a thank you to all those who signed the petition demanding the channel at IWantCSNHouston.com.

2 tickets per person. The cutoff time is 4:00pm today... so you've got about 5+ hours if you didn't already sign the petition. They will pull the emails from 4-5. You'll need the email you used to sign the petition as your password when claiming the tickets later. First come, first served on the tickets, so claim them when you get the instructions, but they have plenty of tickets available -- running out is not likely to be an issue.

So the shorter version:
  1. Go to iwantcsnhouston.com

2. Sign the petition.

3. Instructions for the free tickets go out later today.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
DorianTurk is online now Old 12-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
DorianTurk
DorianTurk is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDorianTurk is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33853
Thanks Clutch! Just did the petition now lol which sections do they usually give out? just curious...

Team Kuya West Productions

tim562 is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
tim562
Contributing Member
tim562 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtim562 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15860
Thanks Clutch, used my wifes email this time!!

"As to Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon, I am not worthy even to tie his shoe laces for him; he is over 40 some years old now; but he is still so quick. That kind of speed, that kind of rhythm, that kind of directional change....to tell you the truth, I don't think I can learn much from him, as I just do not have that kind of speed as the foundation. He has taught me alot of moves, but to me, they seemed just like eye-openers that broaden my horizon." - Yao Ming On Dream

Donate
H E R E

Xcellerator is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Xcellerator
Xcellerator is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30369
Thanks, Clutch! :D

RocketsMAN! is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
RocketsMAN!
RocketsMAN! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25889
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianTurk View Post
Thanks Clutch! Just did the petition now lol which sections do they usually give out? just curious...
Thanks Clutch! I hope to get a baby sitter now!

Clutchfans? Any help?

dachuda86 is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
dachuda86
dachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2008
Member: #31678
I want CSN to go away... where is the petition for that?

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
Thanks Clutch.

Dave2000 is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
Dave2000
Contributing Member
Dave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2971
Quote:
the last game they gave away tickets, preseason game vs. Grizzlies, it was in the bottom corners.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
I signed up! (even though I have no need for tickets)

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Clutch is offline Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Quote:
Good question -- not sure... I'm assuming upper bowl somewhere since they're giving away a lot. With that new scoreboard though, just about everywhere is a good view.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

KDJ3 is online now Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
KDJ3
Contributing Member
KDJ3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodKDJ3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48241
Honest question, can you still get the tickets even if you have Comcast?

BigBird is offline Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJ3 View Post
I mean...I said I had U-Verse. I see it as a mutual benefit deal: I (hopefully) get tickets and I also help make a push for people to be able to watch the games

Mr2Hos is offline Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Mr2Hos
Mr2Hos is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52262
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJ3 View Post
yes, you just sign the petition on behalf of suffering fans that you know are screwed over. If your email is one of the lucky few picked, then you get both of both worlds (you can watch it at home or live)

Clutch is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
Clutch
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hos View Post
yes, you just sign the petition on behalf of suffering fans that you know are screwed over. If your email is one of the lucky few picked, then you get both of both worlds (you can watch it at home or live)
Actually, everyone will get the tickets. It's not a drawing. You just have to claim them when the email gets sent out.

rocketblaze is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #15
rocketblaze
rocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2009
Member: #41757
Very manipulative move by CSN, so I think I'll pass.

Mr2Hos is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Mr2Hos
Mr2Hos is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Actually, everyone will get the tickets. It's not a drawing. You just have to claim them when the email gets sent out.
heck yeah

BigBird is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
ah...then maybe I shouldn't have signed up every single member of my family...

Houston288South is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #18
Houston288South
Houston288South is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45539
That's nice of them to do. However, I think it's a temporary move by CSN to keep the heat off them. Perhaps this thing is NO where close to being resolved unfortunately. Geez, this is just ridiculous...

thesonofsam is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
thesonofsam
thesonofsam is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27555
I hope i win so i can light the tickets on fire in front of their studio.

TheRealist137 is offline Old 12-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
i say this is a perfect time to voice our frustration with the team/network by BOYCOTTING THE GAME. That's right, get your free tickets but DON'T GO. Also, encourage everyone else to not attend the game as well.