ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] James Harden's 17-point 4th quarter to beat Timberwolves
Tags:  2012, basketball, houston rockets, james harden, minnesota, minnesota timberwolves, nba, video, youtube Tags
PopItRockets is offline Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #41
PopItRockets
PopItRockets is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52744
LOL @Lin trying to get the rebound and crashing into Parsons and falling onto the floor at the end.

Sponsored Link
Gimmmethemike is offline Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #42
Gimmmethemike
Gimmmethemike is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40957
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppeper View Post
Harden, in the final stretch, basically won this game for the team. This dude seems to have the "it"; the superstar mojo. Tonight, with the way he took over, smartly picked his spots and made all the right decisions, he reminded me of the last player in the Rockets to have that "it". Even defensively in that last closeout, which I think actually got him to alter the shot by Shved, he looked like that legendary Rockets player.

As much as we wanted for Francis, Yao and T-Mac to fulfill our superstar dreams, they never, as good as they were, exhibited the qualities of Harden.

He might actually live up to the Dream.
Live up to the dream? I seriously had to login here and to you STFU already... Please quit posting...

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #43
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmmethemike View Post
Live up to the dream? I seriously had to login here and to you STFU already... Please quit posting...
The guy is high on Harden beard fumes lol.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

Amel is offline Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #44
Amel
Contributing Member
Amel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the pointsAmel is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16438
just incredible

I was starting to doubt him few weeks ago, but he shut me off...AllStar!

I knew exactly the thread on our forums he was referring to. A user had reacted prematurely to T-Willís rough first half against the Spurs only to get clowned by the community for the rest of the game as Williams hit 7 of his last 9 shots in the second half.

charles_zed is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
charles_zed
charles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcharles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51755
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppeper View Post
Harden, in the final stretch, basically won this game for the team. This dude seems to have the "it"; the superstar mojo. Tonight, with the way he took over, smartly picked his spots and made all the right decisions, he reminded me of the last player in the Rockets to have that "it". Even defensively in that last closeout, which I think actually got him to alter the shot by Shved, he looked like that legendary Rockets player.

As much as we wanted for Francis, Yao and T-Mac to fulfill our superstar dreams, they never, as good as they were, exhibited the qualities of Harden.

He might actually live up to the Dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
NEW MICHAEL JORDAN...
Harden put the team on his back and carried them tonight. Incredible. That being said you guys are knee-jerking hard right now.

T-Mac has had some otherworldly seasons and Jordan is Jordan. That being said, I'm a bigger fan of Harden's game - instead of dominating the ball and jacking up a lot of contested shots, he's trusting a lot in his teammates. He's deferred play-making responsibilities to Lin, he tries to find Greg Smith for the slam, he'll look to get others involved, and he picks and chooses when he wants to assert himself.

Harden's offensive game reminds me of prime Manu Ginobili on steroids, besides the suicidal hustle.

Someguy1229 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #46
Someguy1229
Someguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42682
Houston, we have a superstar and a closer.

Asian Sensation is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #47
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
I've got the weirdest harden right now.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

rolyat93 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #48
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
I love Bill man..

"Ohh, Rubio with A FLOP... he had to pay for that FLOP, cost him 3 points!"

jocar is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #49
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Great to see coach smiling and hugging everyone at the end, like a dad happy when his kid wins in little league

Yao4REAL is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #50
Yao4REAL
Yao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24623
Proud of the Rockets, that was a steal. We caught a team that also struggled with their shots. Harden came through when it count. Rockets just need to play their style and they can beat any team any time any day. I don't see many teams that can defense this style of basketball.

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝@ HEAT, LAKERS 2013-2014

jzmagic is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #51
jzmagic
jzmagic is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30854
Absolutely hilarious how Barea tried to show up Lin at the end, only to dribble it right into Delfino and turning it over.

Spiegel is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #52
Spiegel
Spiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45158
Houston, we finally have a superstar

Joe Joe is offline Old 12-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #53
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Member: #467
Wow. The Beard rocks.

noppeper is offline Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #54
noppeper
noppeper is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
The guy is high on Harden beard fumes lol.
I'm not going to answer all of the replies, so I'll just pick yours, because I find your username amusing.

Yes, Harden looks like the real deal, something the Rockets have not had since the Dream days. Not saying he IS the real deal, but he certainly does seem to have the qualities. Of course, that's a subjective evaluation based on empirical stats along with demeanor, attitude, level of focus, time of game, decision making, etc. You, as well as others, obviously disagree.

Now, to be clear, I don't think Harden is at the same level of talent as Olajuwon. I compare his talent more to someone like Wade, who just so happens to have that "it" that I mention. You could see Wade was a championship level star in his rookie season and you could *somewhat* see Harden having that same quality in OKC, but now it seems circumstances didn't allow him free rein. If that is not the case, then too bad for the Rockets and too bad for my talent evaluation skills.

And yes, it's exciting as a Rockets fan, even if that is tempered by the reality of this being such a young team. I've seen a lot of players come and go for the Rockets, and I just can't remember the last one that looked this dominant at such a young and inexperienced age. T-Mac was close, but was mentally weak, Francis never had the discipline and Yao had plenty of holes in his game that were commonly exposed in critical situations.

Call me blind, or high, or a fr34k, but that's the way that I see it.

heypartner is online now Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #55
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #920
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts View Post
You know he is going left, you know he will probably go for the eurostep, but there you aren't stopping him.

Thanks for the video!
exactly. Unbelievably fun to watch.

Thanks for the video!

Mr. Dominant is offline Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #56
Mr. Dominant
Mr. Dominant is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMr. Dominant is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28894

heypartner is online now Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #57
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Member: #920
[edit] can an admin spoiler or resize the above image.[/edit]

Just watched a second time. Notice play one is a Popovich classic.

Asik does a pin down on Rubio as Harden goes to three point land.

Duncan does that for Ginobody all the time.

Hail to the V is offline Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #58
Hail to the V
Hail to the V is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52298
Bonafide superstar. It's early yet for him as a starter, but I have no doubt of his abilities. What a baller.

BigShotBob is offline Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #59
BigShotBob
BigShotBob is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43535
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac'n View Post
They did and they kept taking about what a good game the Rox had against the Bulls on national TV, how this team likes to run, and how we have the best backcourt in the league. Very unbiased, completely unlike Bill, Bull, and Clyde.

I love Bill Worrell but listening to the Minnesota announcers was a breathe of fresh air
Ill take biased commentary any day over no credit giving commentary (Espn)

Carl Herrera is offline Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #60
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
James Harden watched The Grey last night and was inspired by Liam Neeson's character.