1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Merry CLUTCHFANS Christmas!!! (cool Story)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 24, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Merry Christmas to all from Down Under in Australia!

Tonight we get home to a few surprises. First a crew from our church singing Christmas Carols and Santa with gifts for my children. Then a package on our doorstep.

A basketball fan who runs a basketball business, called Just Ballin' Australia, read my daughters story on twitter and followed the link to Clutchfans. He said he was inspired by her and offered to make up jerseys for her...and the whole family!

For those that don't know, my daughter Tayleesha was diagnosed with a rare skull based tumor near the brain that has been removed twice. It continued to grow back until the doctors started chemotherapy treatments.

She still goes to school, without her wig. Still goes and competes at little Athletics, and doesn't use her health issues as an excuse not to show up and do what needs to be done, and she still attacks life with a joy and vibrancy that can only be described as awe inspiring and amazing. I know that I would be throwing myself a daily pity party, but she just gets on with life.

She is a Rockets fan, and loves James Harden (especially his footlocker tear away beard commercial). She continues to have chemo therapy treatments and we get the next MRI on January 14th to gauge the progress of the treatments. Please, those of you who are praying for her, please continue in prayer for her health to return and that she kicks this diseases butt!

Little did the guys at Just Ballin', or anyone else for that matter, know that in the year and a half that my daughter was diagnosed with her tumor, I had to give up running my business, went to work for someone else who went broke after I finished doing the work, and then didn't pay...then I broke my ankle in June causing our financial situation to come under immense stress. We were living of our savings.

I had promised to get my daughter a personalised Rockets Jersey #99, but now just couldn't afford it...then Just Ballin' sent me an email.

Here are the Jersey's...I think Clutch is going to love them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes my wife has finally converted!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MY LITTLE CHAMPION!!!

[​IMG]

Thank you to everyone here on CLUTCHFANS. My daughter loves to read the messages of support from the members posts here, especially when she is in hospital or getting her treatments...yes I am indoctrinating her in Rockets tradition, history and culture.

Merry Christmas to everyone, may God Bless each and everyone of y'all these holidays, and keep you safe.

8 people like this.
  2. IzakDavid13

This is my jersey...warning, I'm not that good looking, didn't shave and put on 15kg since the ankle injury...

[​IMG]

I know, I should've spoilered it as 'NSFW.' :grin:

3. Orange

Orange Member

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Finally a non Asian

5. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Good for you and your family, mate. Merry Christmas!

Edit: Do the numbers have any significance?

6. IzakDavid13

Technically I live in AustralAsia, and I am CaucAsian. My mother was born in Mesopotamia, which is part of the Asian Continent called the Middle East, just south of Asia Minor, and my father who is of Dutch heritage was born in Jakarta, Indonesia ( Dutch East Indies )...an Asian country.

They say that 1 in 3 people in the world are Asians, so look to the person on the left, then to the person on the right...if its not them, it's probably you.

God bless & merry Christmas!

3 people like this.
  7. roxxy

roxxy Member

You look like a famous celebrity. I can't remember the guys name but he was in this TV show. I know very vague when I remember his name I will post it. Anyway, happy holidays. My prayers go out to you & yours. You have a lovely family. :)

8. IzakDavid13

13 is my number, always has been, football (Rugby league) & basketball.

99 is the number that my eldest daughter chose because it was the highest number you can have...and now that she has been introduced to JJ.WATT.:)

22 is our wedding anniversary and also the date of the passing of my wife's mother.

Sarah was born on the 16th, she chose 16.

Tahlia was going to be 11, because she was born on 11/11, but that's Yao's number, so we gave her the #15 continue the sequence.

And finally, I put a few numbers out for my son when he was about 6 months old and he grabbed at 14...I liked a number in the 40's or even 36, but he chose 14, right after daddy's number.

That's it.

9. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

awesome stuff!! this made my day! glad to see someone do something nice for yall!

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

11. ada32

ada32 Member

This is wonderful!
    Have a merry Christmas, Mate!

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Very touching. Good luck to your daughter, you all will be in our prayers. Merry Christmas!

13. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Merry Xmas. your daughter has been an inspiration since I read your story here at CF. This is one of the reasons I like CF. There is is this humane side of everyone when it needs be. :grin:

enough of being humane. shoot the effing ball Lin!!!!

Merry Xmas!

14. zhen_hui88

zhen_hui88 Member

Beautiful family!!
    Bless you bro.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Times may be hard but I'm praying that you'll pull it through!

15. ERC

ERC Member

Thanks for sharing the story! Merry Christmas to you & your lovely family! :)

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Now that is a Christmas story! Merry christmas and thanks for sharing! :)

17. pocketrocket81

Merry Christmas and God bless you and your beautiful family.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Cool jerseys. I am praying for your daughter. May God bless you and your family! Merry CHRISTmas!!!! Just keep reminding your daughter of the scripture in my sig.

1 person likes this.
  19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great read, best wishes to you and your man!

20. nbafever

nbafever Member

Merry Christmas from the Philippines! (hey, another Asian :)

Your daughter is an inspiration; she has such a will to live, very infectious.

Here's to a turning of your family's fortunes this coming year just as our Rockets' fortunes also start to turn. We may not always understand, but God is good.

Oh and I wish someone in the Rockets organization gets to hear your story and reach out to you.

1 person likes this.